The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• Okay I see now how that "100%" comment could be read that way, but I do know who I was redirected to.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    While I may have been wrong about Calcifer, I wasn't wrong about Saobutt being a Lover. And if I was scum, I probably would have tried to kill Sao last night (as a heavily suspected 2 for 1, with an arsonist), instead of going all conspiracy theory and professing my paranoia today. Maybe that's a weak defense, but it's all I've got.

I'm really inclined to believe Sidd is town, for now. He's been called impulsive, but I'd call it being decisive. He's been able to back up his actions with his logic, and the risks have been calculated. He may be someone to watch later, but I'd like to believe his intentions for now, especially considering Yarith's death.

I also generally agree with Vivet's list of unknown players, though note the omission of herself from it. If I just embrace the crazy and draw up suspicions, I'd say that Vivet could be the arsonist. If she is, she'd have the most to gain from giving credibility to my Calcifer/Howl theory (i.e., diverting suspicion from herself, with the potential to off one or two other players). My narcissistic tendencies inherently make me believe that she just liked my theory, but I'd be remiss to not consider the alternative. I don't like to keep coming back to this arsonist business, but it is one of the known unknowns in this game that we shouldn't forget. This is probably just one of those mysteries I'll have to wait for the end reveals to cuss at the injustice of it all.

As far as the search for scum, I have to agree that Arix has been all over the place with his posts, and Othero has been pretty free with his votes and otherwise has lurked, more or less. I don't really get a read on Thyelleia or Lehki, but if Lehki can help corroborate information on any future bus driving, maybe that's useful to let play out.

@Shaddus and @Ordassa, since you're as close to confirmed town as we have and are more likely unbiased, can you give us your general opinions? We're running a bit short on time today.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm going in blind here due to not having any knowledge of the characters, so I've tried to be mostly silent. I'm also inclined to believe Sidd is town; he tends to bluster more when he's mafia, and his daykill isn't really mafia-esque imo. 

Last night I Jailed Sao, and it seems like it was wasted. I had hoped that Cyndarin's failure to be killed was due to my jailing Sao, but it seems that it wouldn't have worked like that anyway, even if she had been mafia.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vivet said:

Portius was jailed the night Silvanus got whacked. Which this isn't concrete, the fact it happened makes me more inclined to trust him.

Thyelleia
    Othero
    Arix
    Kaimanahi
    Lehki

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Portius wasn't the actual mafia member carrying out the kill, wouldn't my jailing him do absolutely nothing? If so, he's still on the suspicious list.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm leaving for work in a minute and will probably be able to check in just once more before the day ends. Will save my vote till then I guess.

I pretty much agree with Vivet's sum up a few posts ago, with the addition that she should also be on that list. My gut is currently leaning towards Kelly, though that might just be reactionary to how the day went. She was right about the Lovers thing, but the insistence on connecting that with Calcifer and therefore Arson felt flimsy to me. Though she does make a good point in her defense that a scum would probably have just have killed Sao right away that night instead of playing this aggressively during the day. 
    I only thought that Saobutt was Calcifer because of the -perfect- supporting fluff (hindsight: I took the heart thing too literally) and because, damn, I wanted to be right. I just floated a theory and openly admitted it was based on speculative interpretation, multiple times. I wanted to gauge her reaction, see if anyone could corroborate information, or, in the very least, keep an eye on her in the future. The threat of an arsonist duo heightened my sense of risk around it, too, even if that was a reaching conclusion.

saobutt said:
    Honestly, I wasn't sure how to defend myself. Someone with Tremula's power seemed useful so I, alone, would've been fine with being wrongly lynched (but I didn't know her role until it was too late and I was very suspicious of her vote on the tracker).

Bolded for emphasis. This was where my suspicion started to really go, because I read this as her denying being linked to a Lover, which she later danced around and recanted.

Kaimanahi said:
    My "ridiculous theory" was never about Calcifer's alignment or personality. The only thing I said was that you were probably Calcifer, all solely based on an uncanny interpretation of your verbatim quotes, and others had already speculated the arsonist could be Calcifer. 

I was never absolute on the arsonist connection, but generally I did feel like she was trying to cover something up and adapt her story with the conversation (vague posts, lots of unrelated hypotheticals, the whole Naoko/Nahoko thing). And then we had no sign of a possible Jiro.

In the end, I owned my perception and threw my vote on her because nothing else was developing and I felt justified in my suspicion. So while I regret the outcome and am sorry for my part in losing two townies, ultimately I wasn't the judge and jury in her fate. Anyway, I don't mean to keep on about this, but hopefully that helps you understand my thought process.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    (None)

With 11 now alive, it is 6 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect.

(Day Three will end at 9pm EST on Thursday, 10/5, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    ~You have four hours left to vote!~
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shaddus said:
    Vivet said:

Portius was jailed the night Silvanus got whacked. Which this isn't concrete, the fact it happened makes me more inclined to trust him.

Thyelleia
    Othero
    Arix
    Kaimanahi
    Lehki

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Portius wasn't the actual mafia member carrying out the kill, wouldn't my jailing him do absolutely nothing? If so, he's still on the suspicious list.
    That is true. There is some chance this occurred, but right now we know Yarith was a consigliere. That is a very useful scum role, so it is very unlikely that Yarith performed the kill on Silvanus over snooping (and on night one). If Portius is mafia and also didn't perform the kill, then that would leave one (maybe two) possibilities. Alternatively, I suppose there's a chance that he's an arsonist/third party. Regardless, the task at hand is to pick out one person to vote on for today... and I'm still failing rather miserably on deducing the best pinpoint.
  • Honestly I've been lurking to keep attention off myself and because I don't think there was much I could to convince people off of the trains they were on. Day 2 was a waste and I think I stuck with my guns on my suspicion of Saobutt until we got more info. 

I'm going to Vote: Thyelleia because they're an unknown, we're running out of time, and all they really offered was a hasty defense of themselves.
    Vote Count:
    @Thyelleia: Othero (1)

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Thyelleia will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Three will end at 9pm EST on Thursday, 10/5, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    ~You have a little over three hours left to vote!~
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • All I can say is that I have done some talking and thrown out some theories trying my best to help. And it's not my fault that my nights have been so uneventful so far. Concerning my defense, if you lynch me, you'll regret it since you'll lose a valuable town power. So far, I only used it on Saobutt last night because I suspected her because of her claims. But since she was jailed, it had no effect. Again, my character is as town as it can be.

Who is more suspicious? Somebody who tries their best to help and has not voted for anyone so far or somebody who gives their votes freely, maybe trying to steer the town into lynches that would be useful for the mafia?

So in my defense: Vote Othero
    Vote Count:
    @Thyelleia: Othero (1)
    @Othero: Thyelleia (1)

Based on the current votes, @Thyelleia will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

~You have a little under three hours left to vote!~
    Daraius said:
  • @Thyelleia the person who doesn't vote because mafia isn't about being friends.  But Unvote
    who would you lynch today? Besides me,  of course. 
  • I'm only saying that I haven't voted so far since I don't accidentally want to lynch somebody innocent and usually only vote if I am really sure about something. And the faster you lynch, the more likely it is to hit town. My vote on you was only for defense so Unvote as well. Also I have no clue who to vote since nobody has been overly suspicious so far. The only thing I can do is confirm that Saobutt was jailed but it's already known...
  • Vote: Othero

because why not?

He's done a lot of voting, but not much contributing.
    Thyelleia said:
    So far, I only used it on Saobutt last night because I suspected her because of her claims.
    Just to clarify, what claims? She only made claims today.
  • she made some vague mumblings before about her heart and whatnot
  • What Arix said.
  • Sidd said:
    Vote: Othero

because why not?

He's done a lot of voting, but not much contributing.
    I'd disagree, I'm not posting a ton but it is substance. I'll claim if people actually hop onto this.
    edited October 2017
    Vote Count:
    @Othero: Sidd (1)

Based on the current votes, @Othero will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

~You have two hours left to vote!~
    Daraius said:
  • @Sidd This probably won't do me much good but I started the game as No Face and started unaligned. My ability let me absorb the power and alignment of the first person who died which made me Ponyo, town, and the firefighter.
  • Oh man what a claim.

Part of me wants to ask who you have cleansed, and if then get confirmation that they saw it.  But then the arsonist knows who is clean (or not clean) and that probably doesn't do us any good.

Which character are you?
  • Oh duh, Ponyo now, but were you a character before?
  • He said he was No Face

• Do firefighters know when someone has been targetted by an arsonist or do they have to guess?
  • never mind found the post
  • They have to guess.

I targetted Ordessa as a shot in the dark. He made a scene on Day 2 so I went with him.
  • Also we have half an hour left, can you not kill 2 townies and ninja lynch a 3rd Sidd?
  • I'm debating if I believe it
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm not sure that claim was entirely necessary.