the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Alright, then I'm going to UNVOTE. I still strongly suspect Cyndarin, but that shifts the balance from a wrong kill being a minor setback to a wrong kill being almost as bad as nuking a pure townie. So I'm going to reserve judgment for a while on it.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited August 2016
    Othero is the first to step forward and ask for a trade for the day, eyeing the black ball with just a glimmer of pride and perhaps greed in his eye. Alec gives him a hard look before nodding and saying, "Just take good care of her. She's a long way from home now, and I doubt she's ever even seen an ocean." He takes Othero's trainer card and swipes it through the machine, typing at a steady pace while they levitate to their pedestals and lock into place. He nods at Sylandra before pressing the button, and on the screen you see Toxicroak and Zoroark emerge from their respective side of the screens and cross over. 

Once the machine dings complete, Alec pockets the Toxicroak and hands over Zoroark to the man. "All done. I've got your new Trainer Card printing, so give me just a moment." This machine, much shinier than the one from the old town, whirrs to life right after he says it and the laminated card begins slowly pushing out of its front into a privacy cover.

Othero has traded Toxicroak for Zoroark.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Zoroark probably has a night kill power, by the way. Little shapeshifting jerk tried to slit my throat earlier.

Will have words for Ssaliss and Krackenor later. Legit pissed, co-workers asking questions, need to disengage.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've totally forgotten what Zoroark is supposed to be able to do. Merp.
  • ...quick aside, where the hell is @Ileein?
    Alec hands the trainer card to Othero after waving it through the air a few times once it ejects fully from the machine.

Pokemon can be traded once more. Play continues as normal.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ssaliss said:
    To be fair, Sylandra is also still on the boat, and she doesn't count. So I wouldn't call it mod-confirmation of anything, really. If Cyndarin were to win, she could easily just become an NPC.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Ssaliss said:
    To be fair, Sylandra is also still on the boat, and she doesn't count. So I wouldn't call it mod-confirmation of anything, really. If Cyndarin were to win, she could easily just become an NPC.

More like...

I just went back to review Zoroark's defeat, and while I seemed to recall some mention of its power I couldn't actually find one. Apparently Othero wanted it even back then, though.
    Thul said:
    ...quick aside, where the hell is @Ileein?
    The day really hasn't been that long yet, so it might just be bad timing. I'm sure we'll hear from him soon enough.

• (Back to lurking/bartending)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Damn straight I did, I expected him to be OP as hell and he is. At night I can now kill someone or redirect someone or knock someone out so that they can't post in the morning or do two damage to their Pokemon.

• Hadn't we established during the first trading event that Pokemon from the pool would not be first come first serve to accommodate different time zones and schedules?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    (IIRC that was only for one specific pokemon, the rest remained FCFS)
  • Thul said:
    ...quick aside, where the hell is @Ileein?
    Yo, my job means I work long days and often very inconvenient hours, and the past couple days have been abnormally hellish. Still reviewing the thread for specifics, but having just skimmed...

Last night I monitored @Othero, one of the people I don't really know what to think about. But all I really managed to learn is that he did leave his cabin, and for a fairly substantial period of time-- it was long enough for me to get as far as the second gym in Pokemon Blue (yes, Pokemon Blue apparently exists in this universe and is a pretty crude approximation of actual Pokemon battles) before he returned to his cabin. He then apparently spent the rest of the evening in his cabin doing push-ups, sit-ups, and crunches at thirty-second intervals, based on the timers he set on his Pokegear.

Behold, the majesty of my administrative access.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Those are secretive ninja academy workouts thank you very much.
    But it sounds like a pretty standard, routine workout...
  • No, I was told they are super secret ninja workouts and I am a super secret ninja.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Watching Naruto during your workout doesn't make it a super secret ninja workout, Othero. 

(But no, being a ninja makes sense with your whole really good at hiding thing.)
  • There is a documentary about me. Know what it's called? Naruto 
    But what you don't know is that he was doing them all on the ceiling.

Hmm. You know, I was just thinking - I can't think of Cen mentioning anything about her pokémon at any given point in time. There's been at least some hint or murmur from pretty much everyone else, yeah? Even if Thul's isn't Noctowl, we know what it does and all. Dylara's mentioned a turtle, hmm...

Is this another detail I've forgotten, or missed entirely?

• @Thul I'm confused about your power, who did you protect last night?
    Pretty sure Thul protected himself, based on what's been discussed.

Which is weird, since Portius felt amnesiac but had made an attempt on Cyndarin. With the similar report Melali gave of the prior night where he ended up on Lehki instead of Cen, it sounds like even with Kaimanahi out of the game we have someone who can redirect/force actions.

... and now that you have Zoroark, you can too, apparently. Fun.

• But that's what I'm confused on. According to Thul he picks someone and actions taken on that target fail. The next night he then sees the actions and gets to decide if they continue to fail or if they take effect that night. So everything he gave us is what happened two nights ago. I targeted Thul last night and it worked without any weirdness which means he didn't target himself last night.
    Oh. Hey, that's right. Everyone else has been amnesiac, even if they aren't necessarily getting into the room, huh?

Hmm.

• It sounds like he protected Cyndarin then but also just went on about not knowing anything about Cyndarin and not even remembering their power.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Ssaliss said:

8. Phoebus - Who did you protect?

Ah, almost forgot to respond to this. I checked up on you, Ssaliss. You assured me you had no boo-boos in need of mending and I went back to my cabin, where Othero was already asleep, probably all tuckered out from his Naruto binge. I guess this confirms for me that my targets don't remember anyone checked on them. Am I so useless? Am I that forgettable? :disappointed: 
    Right. Additionally, if Zoroark can redirect, and Kaimanahi could redirect, I'm not sure if I really want to accept the fact that there is yet a third person running around with the ability to redirect. I mean, we do have a slew of investigatives running around, including Silvanus/Ushaara who are gone, so it might be there are a lot of overlaps with redirecting. I don't know.

Guess I'll have to comb back over the days again while I eat, see if I can confirm a thing or two.

• I've been protecting myself. Every night. That's been a thing. The only people I should be messing with are people messing with me.

Do I need to explain my power here again? I put up my shield on night one. During that night, anybody that hits me (with some apparent exceptions) gets smacked with amnesia. I do not know what happens that night. On night two, I get to look at a list of effects that would have happened to me (or when I still had the ability to target multiple people, to my target, and to actions the target was trying to perform,) and choose which ones do or do not go off. The effects I let go through occur on a delay, which can lead to some chaos which I've been trying to mitigate as best I can.

Meanwhile, I've had some time to cool off, think about stuff, and, uh. Does nobody else have a comment about Ssaliss trying to gack my Pokemon? Am I taking this too personally? Did that not come off as the world's biggest scum tell to anyone else? Did I just hallucinate that while I was at work?

Might need to actually off him tonight, if he is scum. I'd forgotten all about that Solrock, but Sunny Day in scum hands is potentially game over for town.