Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yes, it does.
  • Let me rephrase:

Dreamweavers can go there, and if a DW sends you over, you get kicked out in about a minute or less (it's random). It's the only class limited honors in the game. I am pretty sure we were promised that Nirvana would be made publicly accessible, if memory serves me.

tl;dr I can't do it. Sad.
  • Time to flex Geo.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Do you want another Fillin? Because that's how you get another Fillin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Ixion said:
    Let me rephrase:

Dreamweavers can go there, and if a DW sends you over, you get kicked out in about a minute or less (it's random). It's the only class limited honors in the game. I am pretty sure we were promised that Nirvana would be made publicly accessible, if memory serves me.

tl;dr I can't do it. Sad.
    Many of us did not get the honours at the time due to a bug.

We were promised at the time that soon we would be able to go back and do the quest to get the honours.

Yeah.  :(
  • @Weiwae You are the best! And I am having so much fun! <3
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Congrats, @Ixion! :D
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Zvoltz said:
    because dreamweaving
    This is enough reason, I think. We'll be very patient! :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It's like MUDs don't like people being in two places at once or something.

Which...I wonder if it would be possible to just have the dreamweaver's body be replaced with a temporary object that transfers damage to its owner. So it's not a player object, but still keeps your position for uniting and bodysnapping, and can be damaged to kill a dreamweaver without finding his ghost like usual. You won't be able to afflict the body anymore, nor tackle, beckon, or summon it, but it might make Rapture not have a conniption ever time the Weaver acts.

Of course, this is based on an incomplete understanding of both the codebase and how Dreamweaving works within it.
  • I caved.. had to do the "good" side too. For the children.

#152 He is a philanthropist of children to Saint Gathlyn's Orphanage.

• Can you keep both honors?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Yup, they do not replace.
  • We had a tea party in Mag today! Raves to @Esca , @Kailanna , @Gavriel , @Vatul, @Iosen , @Shigre @Rolsand @Rideta for coming. And especially raves to @Vatul for her freaking AMAZING violin..thing.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Pectus said:
    We had a tea party in Mag today! Raves to @Esca , @Kailanna , @Gavriel , @Vatul, @Iosen , @Shigre @Rolsand @Rideta for coming. And especially raves to @Vatul for her freaking AMAZING violin..thing.
    Log please? I'm always curious about how people translate music into text!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited September 2016
    Rancoura said:
    Pectus said:
    We had a tea party in Mag today! Raves to @Esca , @Kailanna , @Gavriel , @Vatul, @Iosen , @Shigre @Rolsand @Rideta for coming. And especially raves to @Vatul for her freaking AMAZING violin..thing.
    Log please? I'm always curious about how people translate music into text!
    Lots of rando spam from clans and my random stuff, but I think I got rid of the worst of it. I was messing in my cartels while she was doing it so there still may be bits of that! 

https://justpaste.it/yads

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Nice! Beautiful metaphors. Well done, @Vatul :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• A soft susurration and a thickening of the shadows heralds the arrival of Nivn'falsia, the ephemeral 
    umbravian, who deposits a bottle of sparkling Golden Tonic into your hands before gracefully 
    receding back into the now-fading darkness.

I was feeling super down today, and this made me feel significantly better. Thank you. ^-^
  • edited September 2016
    Tylwyth said:
    Can you keep both honors?
    I can't see any reason why you can't decide that these children deserve to learn about Adversity in the Bloodmines (they sound like such a family friendly place!) and these children deserve to be pampered at some goody-two-shoes orphanage! Maybe it's a social experiment to prove that the Bloodmines produce upstanding, socially well-adjusted citizens and the Orphanage produces serial killers.

I would be letting down the side if I didn't point out that there needs to be a control group, though I have to imagine that the data point there is likely to be "eaten by gravediggers."
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    The rationale between which quests let you keep both and which do not is weird.  I had to issue them to take away one of the mirror army quests because I wanted both and it made no sense that you cannot be known for destroying both camps.  I have subsequently gotten one back due to Vernal curios (sigh curios, always ruining things).
    edited September 2016
    I swear these forums are dead set on aggravating me with quirks recently.
    Xenthos said:
    I swear these forums are dead set on aggravating me with quirks recently.
    You're a quirk, Xynthin.

#bringShikariback 

• edited September 2016
    Wooo! Thanks @Estarra for the fix!

#153 He has been marked by the Seal of Chaos.

I didn't even notice until now (and then issued for the fix)... It looks like all the other sealbearers got their line, too!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The feeling's the same when it's an NPC :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Or when you find something you wrote on your god's bookshelf in their realm.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Raves for the kinds of friends who text you to say "mafia ended!" Because those are the true friends.

(ps yay new mafia game madness)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I just finished up my mafia game and already I'm eyeing the signup thread to see who's going to be the next one to volunteer as host. @Shaddus could you update the list on the first page of that thread, if it's not too much trouble? I want to be a player again. :D
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."