Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Silvanus said:
    Vivet said:
    I've also decided for sure that investigating Silvanus isn't very worthwhile tonight. I'm very sure Kiradawea and Synkarin will both be revealed as english mafia, and when they are Silvanus' fate will be sealed with them.

I will investigate Ushaara tonight instead.

If you are saying I am mafia with them, and that revealing Kiradawea as English Mafia, all you have to do is lynch her, and reveal her as English Mafia, and then by your logic, you have outed both me and Synkarin.

It is up to you to decide if you really believe that. I don't think you do, because you don't want to vote for your team mate.

You can lynch Kiradawea and "reveal" me as scum, by your twisted logic, or you can continue to dodge and distract to avoid lynching Kira.
    You are conveniently ignoring the fact that I think of the three of you, Synkarin is the most valuable to your mafia agenda. Lynching Kiradawea next helps solidify your scumminess in turn. Then we lynch you.

Kiradawea will need to be lynched either way. I just don't want to give her what she apparently wants.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    What kind of messed up logic is this?

Quite clearly the mafia is not going to win in the next two days if you have 3 out of a maximum of (guesswork) 5 pegged. How can this be what they want?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    What kind of messed up logic is this?

Quite clearly the mafia is not going to win in the next two days if you have 3 out of a maximum of (guesswork) 5 pegged. How can this be what they want?
    It isn't what the mafia wants. It's what they're stuck with.

Synkarin did not expect to be outed by me. It just happened.

Mafia can't talk to each other during the day time, so you all can't coordinate. You need the night for that.

Even though Synkarin and Silvanus are both mafia, they can't control Kiradawea. She made a decision on her own. 

Silvanus and Synkarin just had to roll with it. Synkarin understood she was purposely false claiming right away and voted on her. Silvanus didn't want to look conspicuous, and so didn't vote until it was obvious the vote train was losing steam.

Everything was going smoothly for you until I started talking again when Kiradawea had reached seven votes. It's a shame I didn't think of the possibility of Kiradawea being in the mafia until now, but such is life.

While on the subject of the vote train losing steam, who was the next to vote after Silvanus? Othero. Makes me more inclined to think Othero is SK, or possibly a mafia component too.
    Othero is Navarren. Synkarin is British. Kiradawea is a French ghost. I am unclaimed.

This is who you think the Mafia are. A bunch of randoms with no connections at all.

This is the messed up logic that I am talking about.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    Othero is Navarren. Synkarin is British. Kiradawea is a French ghost. I am unclaimed.

This is who you think the Mafia are. A bunch of randoms with no connections at all.

This is the messed up logic that I am talking about.
    I put more weight on Othero being SK. Don't put words in my mouth.

Why do you believe Kiradawea is a French Ghost as she has claimed? I have told you that is a likely lie. It makes more sense that she is an Englishman acting as a diversion.

Do I really need to go back and point out everything with you? People just need to read. At this point, you are posting in hopes they won't read because there's too much to read.

Also, you have claimed your nationality, but not your name, while being the only one so far to check nationalities.

Convenient.
    Silvanus said:
    Also, you have claimed your nationality, but not your name, while being the only one so far to check nationalities.

Convenient.
    I have indeed claimed Scot, and several times I have explained why I feel it imprudent to reveal my name. Do I need to recap these for you too?

Not at all. I just find it convenient that the person who can check nationality has claimed an important piece of the puzzle.

Your nationality is hardly what's important when you are the only one that can confirm it.
    Silvanus said:
    Oh I am not worried at all my powers or my allegiances being known, I'm a God fearing man that serves France.
    I was going to point out you are not unclaimed, but looking at the wording, I suppose saying you serve France doesn't mean you've claimed you're French.
    Silvanus said:
    Not at all. I just find it convenient that the person who can check nationality has claimed an important piece of the puzzle.

Your nationality is hardly what's important when you are the only one that can confirm it.
    If Kiradawea dies and is revealed to be Clarissa, then I can worry about that. But I do feel it is more likely she will be revealed to be an Englishman.

It's just a question of when she dies, at this point. If she is English, then she has pulled this dramatic stunt in order to buy Synkarin another night. Do we want to give them that?

Here's a better question for you, Silvanus.

Why are you convinced Kiradawea can't be a lying Englishman? Why does she have to be a French Ghost, as you insist?

I do not know what she is.

I just know that if we are to believe what Lavinya has said, we know that Kiradawea is lying.

As far as we know, Synkarin hasn't lied. 

Kiradawea has been confirmed and called out a liar by Lavinya, who is a mason power with the King, and who has openly claimed without anyone refuting it. Who also called out Tekora as a liar.

Kill the liar. Roleblock the unknown.
    I should confirm that Lavinya called out Tekora for saying that she was jailed when Lavinya was jailed due to Mason powers. Not that there was an outright lie, since Tekora was only 99% sure she was jailed.
    At this point, I feel like I've exhausted my ability to argue.

I knew this was a long shot when I started, but when I thought of the possibility of Kiradawea being an Englishman, it all seemed to fit together in my mind.

I feel like I've drawn enough attention to the relationship between Synkarin and Kiradawea that if she is lynched and turns up an Englishman, Synkarin will most certainly be next. If it comes to that, I just have to accept it. Good, but not ideal.

With your behaviour today, Synkarin coming up as English mafia would cement your place in the mafia.

I will have to retire soon, and feel I've had my say.

Remember - I will investigate Ushaara tonight.

• Just managed to crawl out of bed to read these last 50 posts, and I just wanted to add a few (perhaps somewhat incoherent) comments to it.
    Silvanus said:

2. We've already seen with our lynch of Chirbo that we are not divided among religious lines. Why do we assume that it must be nationality lines? Playing into this false hope of finding out more information because Synkarin is English provides no benefit if we are wrong.
    I don't really agree with that. Chirbo was a Protestant Frenchman, and was explicitly called a Miller due to his religious beliefs. Thus, it's not at all clear that we are not split between religious lines; I'd argue quite the opposite, in fact.

Second, re: Kiradawea's claim. I believe that she is Clarissa; from what I've gathered, it's a semi-prominent role in the show, and it's rather likely that that role is in the game as well. That makes it a very dangerous role to fakeclaim. If she did want to fakeclaim, she could've done what Synkarin did and just claim a power (or lack thereof). What's more disconcerting to me is that she is immune to investigations, which would definitely mean something is up there. I don't think she is part of the mafia, but at the same time I definitely don't see her as necessarily friendly to us.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Gosh, what the hell happened over the past few hours? I'm going to UNVOTE while I go back through the discussion. Don't particularly follow Vivet's thinking on a first read through, but do agree that we should not risk the lynch being confirmed just yet, with this much confusion in play.
  • By the way, I've honestly lost track completely... How much longer will the day last?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Day 3 began on the 21st so loads of time yet I think.
  • Oh, good. Hopefully I'll be back in full action for the next day phase then.

This isn't a point of observation, but a suggestion now.

While I am very sure Kiradawea is an Englishman, I have to account for the possibility that she still might be Clarissa the ghost. I've already banked a lot on this, so...

If Kiradawea is lynched and she is Clarissa the ghost, and there is a protector still out there - do not protect me tonight. Protect someone else.

• Vivet said:

This isn't a point of observation, but a suggestion now.

While I am very sure Kiradawea is an Englishman, I have to account for the possibility that she still might be Clarissa the ghost. I've already banked a lot on this, so...

If Kiradawea is lynched and she is Clarissa the ghost, and there is a protector still out there - do not protect me tonight. Protect someone else.

... Why?
  • Do note that I'm not the protector; I'm just saying that throwing yourself under the bus because you were wrong about Kiradawea's identity (who you didn't even investigate, unless I misunderstood) seems kinda silly.
    If I turn out to be wrong on that count, then it starts to throw other things I've said into question. This is to show an acceptance of risk.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I can resolve this. Kiradawea is going to die tonight if you don't lynch her and the mafia can't kill me to stop me.
  • Celina said:
    I can resolve this. Kiradawea is going to die tonight if you don't lynch her and the mafia can't kill me to stop me.
    Wasn't one of the arguments that Kiradawea was immune to all night actions, and thus unkillable during the night?
    I don't really believe it, it's exceedingly convenient to claim that.
    Let me clarify, I am immune to nightkills. That the town would have two people immune to nightkills would be unusual. 
  • Well, there is an alternative solution. You seem to agree that both Kiradawea and Synkarin should die; why not skip the risk-taking and just lynch Kiradawea and you kill Synkarin? He's made no claim to be immune to nightkills.
    Ssaliss said:
    Well, there is an alternative solution. You seem to agree that both Kiradawea and Synkarin should die; why not skip the risk-taking and just lynch Kiradawea and you kill Synkarin? He's made no claim to be immune to nightkills.
    Just finished eating breakfast and am on my way out the door now - if people would rather do this, I'd be fine with that too.