Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Oh haha, no, though I wonder that too at times.

I just don't get the desire to afk through an hour and a half domoth just to specifically avoid engaging in the game. I really do not understand this concerted effort to avoid the core structure of this game.Why even play at all? Isn't WoW more entertaining at that point? 

And then we get to hear the same side complain about how boring domoths are. Well no shit. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    To be fair, I was logged on the entire time. I forgot to log off before I went to bed. I realized it this morning when I got on my computer to still being logged in, still in combat defmode keeping up fearaura and my musicbox.

#blownessenceandcharges

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Up to 6 absolves when I've not been around! So when do I get to say people are intentionally avoiding me?

Dead Horse

I'll be on Stellaris/FFX for a while. 
    Didn't you already say you weren't going to be around?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2016
    Well I won't get into the timezone/AFK red herring that'll get brought up. It's a dumb mechanic that caters to the game's lowest common denominator. Guess I have a report this month now! 

Sorry North, I'll have to hold off on the "suddenly the south uses meldbombs, they're OP now" report and address this instead. What a waste of all of our time and resources!

Engage people, play the game. I don't get it.

edit: @Shaddus - I'm never around at this time. For the past uhh 3 years. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2016
    Whatcha reporting? Domoths definitely need a good looking at to make them more fun and engaging. Was briefly playing with the idea of doing a big domoth report or doing piecemeal stuff. I just had zero ideas. I know the idea to delete stage 3 was popular. But never had good ideas on making domoths a less opportunistic mechanic overall.

Also screw absolves. They are stupid how they work atm imo. They also need to be made better.
  • edited May 2016
    I'll take any suggestions, they are a snooze fest for everyone and too easily gamed. 

I'd like them to be a little more predictable like wildnodes, people seem to enjoy that event a lot more and plan to show up for it. Basically this is my only general idea at this point that isn't just bandaids to stop people/specific mechanics from being annoying.

My ideal idea for domoths is that if you are going to hold one/absolve one, you've got to engage the other side or RISK engaging the other side. Not waiting for people to log off/spam clairsentience/etc. Like they are set periods with a degree of variability that both sides can reasonable predict, then it's best man/woman wins.
    if you make it, it will be gamed. 

Maybe the lengths need to be RNGed. Instead of 75/125/175, they should be random as well, with VA/TA benefit just increasing the max. That way there is less time to really plan on upgrading etc. It'll still be gamed a bit, but it'll remove the gurantees. Just an idea

The other idea could be that the blessings scale based on conflict and you can get potential rewards even if you lose overall. Like say Cyndarin holds Chaos, goes to upgrade, no fight base 1/2 blessing to whatever. If there's a fight (which the code to detect should be there because you get family honour ticks for it) that blessing can increase to like 5/10 depending on the fight and if the north claimed for 1800 during this, they would get a 2/10 blessing as well. 

It could still be gamed, but you'd get more benefit from challenging with potential conflict. It may also have the negative effect of having people try less because they don't want the bonus to increase. Again, just an idea.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited May 2016
    That could also encourage you not to participate just to cripple the blessing that the upgrader could get though.
    Either way, I don't mind. Domoths are really hit and miss as it is.

EDIT: Yeah I can't read.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Synkarin said:

It could still be gamed, but you'd get more benefit from challenging with potential conflict. It may also have the negative effect of having people try less because they don't want the bonus to increase. Again, just an idea.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    WTB wildnodes that isn't on a (sometimes really early) Monday morning. People on the other side of the international date line want Sunday evening/afternoon wildnodes too!
  • Wildnodes has a like a 12 hour window. 
    Wildnodes has a like a 12 hour window. 
    And it's the worst 12 hour window for those of us in Oceania and even Asia since it's basically when we're asleep or Monday morning when we have to go to work or whatever.
  • I mean, everything is a bad window for someone. Any business is going to generally appeal to their key demographics which, for a game in english, is not oceania/asia time.
    I just wish it could happen at any time over the Sunday weave.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It is a 24-hour window... it can happen any time over the Sunday weave. Your wish is granted. I have seen it any number of times on Saturday night EST (after the Saturday weave) through to Sunday night (just prior to the weave).
    I have never seen one and none of the people who have played this game for much longer than me and have been playing during the hours I'm talking about say they've ever seen one either.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Falmiis said:
    I have never seen one and none of the people who have played this game for much longer than me and have been playing during the hours I'm talking about say they've ever seen one either.
    Talking to the wrong people then. Definitely happen in a normal time for us sometimes. I've participated in plenty, so has Leolamins, and we keep very normal hours (ie we are in bed by 11pm usually). RNG is all. Like revolts. Sometimes they are all in that stupid 1am to 7am bracket, other times they're not.

Falmiis said:
    ... come on, man.  I am one of those people.  We have had this conversation before.  This exact conversation.
    Xenthos said:
    Falmiis said:
    ... come on, man.  I am one of those people.  We have had this conversation before.  This exact conversation.
    Considering I never see you around at the times I'm talking about I don't really see why I should trust your word over all the people who I know are around at those times.

Or myself, since I've never seen one in the 5 months I've been playing. I remember there was one and maybe a second that was right after the weave, but none that have occured much later than that.
    Falmiis said:
    Xenthos said:
    Falmiis said:
    Considering I never see you around at the times I'm talking about I don't really see why I should trust your word over all the people who I know are around at those times.

Or myself, since I've never seen one in the 5 months I've been playing. I remember there was one and maybe a second that was right after the weave, but none that have occured much later than that.
    Sometimes I stay up late.  Often, I go to bed and find that they occurred in between going to bed and waking up.  It's the weekend, I'm not bound by sleep schedules there.  Please stop just making stuff up / pretending there's a conspiracy of some kind, when you've been told how it works repeatedly.

The last time this came up I even gave you timings of wildnodes (in estimates), at least one of which was within the range you're talking about.

What you're saying is that you believe they can only occur right after the Sunday weave (because we've seen that happen a few times in the last couple of months) or right before the end of the Sunday weave, but never in the middle.  How much sense does that even make?  Who would code something to occur with a gap in the middle of its window?  Why?  ???
    Could be a bug, could be intentional, could be RNG, could be many things. I was not the one who suggested that there is a 12 hour window. That was Cyndarin. I was just responding to that since, in my experience, it is more or less accurate. 
    edited May 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Could be a bug, could be intentional, could be RNG, could be many things. I was not the one who suggested that there is a 12 hour window. That was Cyndarin. I was just responding to that since, in my experience, it is more or less accurate. 
    You posted that, in your experience, you have seen them right after the weave.  You also posted that you have seen them right before the next weave.  There is a 24 hour window between weaves.  Basic math indicates to me that 24 != 12.

Edit: PS: It doesn't matter who suggested that there's a 12-hour window, you're the one attempting to perpetuate it when there is just no evidence for it, by your own words.  Yes, Celina is wrong, but she's not posting here trying to defend herself being wrong.  You're the one defending it. :|
    Why does Cyndarin think there is a 12 hour window? But it doesn't matter. You're right, everyone who disagrees is wrong.
    edited May 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Why does Cyndarin think there is a 12 hour window? But it doesn't matter. You're right, everyone who disagrees is wrong.
    Everyone who is wrong is wrong, especially when those people provide evidence in their own posts that counters the narrative they are trying to present.

The simple fact is that wildnodes can, and have, occurred everywhere from the beginning to the end of the weave.

Edit: When it comes to mechanics, "right" and "wrong" are not subjective.  They are baked right into the code.  "Right" is what the code says it will do, and "wrong" is something that the code says it will not do.
    There have also been plenty of wild nodes around that time when the US people are drifting off to bed, like 4-5pm our time. I'm in the same timezone. I've been playing for 6 years. In this time zone. Logged in. A lot. Why argue for the sake of arguing?? Sometimes RNG screws us over, other times it works for us. Mag used to rule the Aussie/Asian/NZ evenings because there was a bunch of us - me, Leolamins, Akyaevin, Nymerya, as well as some early risers/crazy hour keepers like Gero. Now the population has shifted and at that time I'm often about the only one in Glomdoring at those times (though I'm noticing a few others who are starting to be active at that time), but other orgs ie Hallifax and Serenwilde have quite a few people about. I remember logging my Halli alt and I was lucky if there was 1 other person online with me after about 5pm. (It was so depressingly boring).

tl;dr stop arguing over something so stupid. Timing sucks. No it's not all in our sleep time.

I can no longer do the curious emote thanks to curios. I can't seem to spell it anymore. Curse you, curios!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You people are like 12 year olds. Wildnodes used to be manually activated, and many times the admin would forget until it was late. Now, it's (so far as I know) preset to either randomly pop every other Sunday or just bug the admin until they do it. They've been on Saturdays because when sunday midnight GNT hits, it's Saturday evening in the US.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.