Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    I see how it is.
    We can have the no-love for (or from) Maligorn club.
  • edited November 2015
    Maligorn said:
    Dear Hallifax,

I'm so proud of  you, as I always have been. Whether it's eking out a few villages and bubbles here and there to the ultimate Borg conquering spree, you never let me down. I'm not super old, but I've been through Hallifax during its lows (being alone in the city during primetime) and its highs, but never have I experienced so many competent people working together and just being around to help out.

Some people like to demean you by calling you mindless zerg or having no opposition, but from all the reforms I've seen and the gradual attitude change, I know it's so much more than that. We've come a long way from having to piggyback on other orgs. I want Hallifax to remember this time fondly and preserve it for as long as it can, and to remember it if times get low.

So, raves for the Beacon of Harmony, the City of Two Lovers, They-Who-Have-Civil-Custody-of-My-Heart.

@Davos @Tekora @Ushaara @Kiradawea @Phoebus @Sylandra @Shonjir @Pejat @Aithera @Rolsand @Aeden @Shedrin @Vivet @Elanorwen @Daraius

Like I fondly keep in mind, "The team makes the dream."  :) And don't be forgetting people Maligorn!  Shame!  j/k btw.
  • Ixion said:
    Tremula said:
    voice trashes within,
    Hah. Your voice is refuse.
    haha, too funny :D
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaddus said:
    What a poor, unfortunate soul.
    I just got this.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tremula said:

Shaddus said:

What a poor, unfortunate soul.

I just got this.

Drocilla is a very busy woman and she hasn't got all day. It won't cost much, just your life voice.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited November 2015
    So Magnagora is deciding to make a treaty with Glom again. ROFL 

Good job Arcanis.  All those votes* for the incompetent leader were so consequential. 

*11 vote weight from a bunch of alts and people who Revan called on the phone to log in once. 

Edit: Hi Drocilla Welcome Back!

I just want to say how much I appreciate that Zvoltz has taken over forum duties in the absence of others.  He actually strives to be impartial. What an amazing concept!

• edited November 2015
    Kaalak said:

I just want to say how much I appreciate that Zvoltz has taken over forum duties in the absence of others.  He actually strives to be impartial. What an amazing concept!

Stormdad is Bestdad.

Come2Zvoltz, we have cupcakes, no lie
  • Thank you. Your typo has been reported as bug #13324.
    H:7525 M:5400 E:5825 P:10 M:0 X:29.61  [belrlrh] 18:59:24.16 

Followed by.

Your bug #13324 has been updated. Take a look at LISTBUGS to see your current bug list or SHOWBUG 
    13324 to view it in more detail.
    H:7525 M:5400 E:5825 P:10 M:0 X:29.61  [belrlrh] 19:00:35.70 
    showbug 13324
    Bug #13324   Resolution: Your typo has been fixed. Thank you for reporting.

Got dang.

• Gaudiguch, for noobing it up here and there but still managing to get things done.  :D

• edited November 2015
     o Shadow centipedes, spiders and hawks in Ethereal Glomdoring are no
       longer targetable by the noun 'shadow' and have instead been given the
       noun 'shadowbeast'. This is to avoid the accidental slaughter of
       Daughters of Shadow.

I didn't know we could use 'shadow' to target them!
    Oh well, raves to shadowbeasts!

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Raves for @Tekora - appreciate all the help and explanations!

Thanks in general to the Hallifax gang for putting up with all my constant questions :)

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Everyone knows finks are better gunners than mere gnomes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Qistrel said:

Everyone knows finks are better gunners than mere gnomes.

But finks are expected to be good gunners, so it is not noteworthy. Gnomes, on the other hand...
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's a seriously cool title, by the way. I'm always a little jealous looking at some of the other org's title schemes. 
  • @Athree. Everytime I see him I wish he were around more often.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited November 2015
    Glomdoring's (and Serenwilde's, for that matter) isn't really that hard. The biggest restriction is the time (New Moon and Full Moon, respectively). The city epics are much more grindy, but you can reasonably do it constantly (if you want to go crazy, or something).

For example, with Gaudiguch, you can get a prophecy every 7-8 hours, which is around 35-40 hours for all 5 lines. It only takes around 10-15 minutes of work per hour, though, mostly it's just waiting around for things to respawn. For the communes, you're locked into 1 prophecy for every 32 hours, with around an hour or so of work for preparation (using the nai'Dorin component as an estimate, here).

Still, I think the hardest epics are Celest and Magnagora, what with the Sea Battle component (and all related sub-quests like the Cay). For Gaudiguch and Hallifax, the sticky point is mainly the Hand quest (and there's no actual benefit to stalling each other here -- there can only ever be one Statue of Tzaraziko, and in general, whoever starts building first finishes first. It's in everyone's best interests to help each other along and move on to the next person on the queue).

EDIT: A new moon -just- passed, I hope you used it wisely!

EDIT2: (actual rave) Grinding hard for culture. Goals are not to be bottom 2, and to have most visitors (bards and scholars). #smallvictories #justgaudiguchthings

• @Darvellan Timely intervention against unfair tactic with the statue is timely.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tarkenton said:
    I really need to do Glom's. I mean, VA and I still don't have the fingerblade xD
    Tylwyth is always willing to help @tarkenton.
    @Eodh welll, filling the cauldron takes a lot longer(you need multiple respawns), but that can be done well before(plus a lot of people do it for easy karma, and newbies do it for some easy-ish XP).

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Oh, I know how to do it. I have like three lines, maybe four. I just don't keep track of when new moons are, which is my own fault.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Oh, I know how to do it. I have like three lines, maybe four. I just don't keep track of when new moons are, which is my own fault.
    Yeah, I know, you taught me, remember?
    I am just offering to help get it done.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    After a long, grueling day where I got called in early to be ready at 6am, log in and the first thing I read is changelog 514.  :)>-
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The specific time window requirement is the only reason I've never gotten the dae'Seren, either. I never know if I'll be able to be around during the Full Moon.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Last night I discovered that the Rune of Hiding can be attached to the Gloves of Concealment. Hurray for slightly less cluttered descriptions! Make something to hide artifacts too please! (And make sure it can be Rune-Hidden too!)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Cloak of shifting hues will hide all the things. But you can't have it hide just artifacts, sadly. Hey admins, can we have them match the gloves maybe? Filter by artifact and non artifact stuff?
This discussion has been closed.