Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Shuyin said:
    We need a lol button. The sarcastic kind
    Only if it's an aging Solid Snake LoL face button. 
  • Shaddus said:
    I see what you did there, @Baelor.

Tablet browsing.
  • /insert aliens meme dude with "Tablet Browsing" caption here
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Kethaera's silver tongue 
    and strong opinions have drawn attention and praise to the family.

Strange, this never seems to work out quite as well in roleplay. 

...I'll get you next time, @Arcanis.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2015
    Hearing about Glom politics doing to same predictable rotations all over again for the 37th time kind of makes me glad I moved to enjoy some non political, old fashioned murder without all the "explain yourself," "that's not in the treaty," "but Hallifax is helping us...not win bubbles or villages or anything really...but they're helping us," hooey. 

The quickest way to kill your population is to scare off your PKers. I wish you would just listen. :(
  • Celina said:
    Hearing about Glom politics doing to same predictable rotations all over again for the 37th time kind of makes me glad I moved to enjoy some non political, old fashioned murder without all the "explain yourself," "that's not in the treaty," "but Hallifax is helping us...not win bubbles or villages or anything really...but they're helping us," hooey. 

The quickest way to kill your population is to scare off your PKers. I wish you would just listen. :(
    Um... they have helped us win bubbles and villages and stuff like that. Direct support is not always given, but y'know, direct support is not always needed. I really don't understand your reasoning sometimes about how and why the pkers want to do X and not Y, @Celina. How would opposing Hallifax lead to more pk if Hallifax doesn't have any pkers, as you've always said? Who would anyone be fighting?

So I suspect what you're really saying is that some pkers want to be able to win 100% of the time, which means teaming up with other pkers who feel the same way. That's legit, but I don't agree that's the sole reason an org loses or gains active members. But... w/e, I'm not even arguing against the most recent political drama. Maybe I just don't have any motivation to now that you're gone. :p
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Just want to give a shout out to @Shedrin @Davos @Ushaara and @Aeden for their combat-lovin' selves. Also to @Vivet for being all around the bee's knees. Thanks for doing what you do. <3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited October 2015
    Gosh, I could write a thesis on the politics of PK and the considerable about of evidence we have regarding the overall health of an organization in relation to their active PK population, but I think if Glom didn't want to listen to me the past 50 IC years, they're not going to start now. It's really not a matter of "we'd be better off if we could just raid Hallifax," nor the desire to win 100% of the time. However, if you do not give PKers the opportunity to win at all, they are not going to be interested in afking for an indefinite amount of time waiting. Which is the direction Glom has taken. Glomdoring will continue to bleed PKers as it has done for quite some time. Which sucks because it's still my favorite place to play, but I don't enjoy any org if I'm not even logging in.

edit: If I'm going to totally spill the tea, it's basically a conflict between PKers PKing with who they want to PK with and RPers RPing with who they want to RP with. Both are valid positions. The thing is, a specific Glom family enjoying Hallifax RP has no organizational benefit, it is only enjoyable for those who choose to partake in it. PK successes which lead to domoths, villages, etc etc etc, benefits the entire org just matter of factly. It's become an argument between what is practical and demonstrably beneficial to everyone versus what a handful want to enjoy in the privacy of a manse, and it's stupid. 
  • I agree current political climate is dumb. #notmyalliances
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Zzzsternia. Political climates that have lead to no fighting during events is hella boring. Destroy alliances
  • Celina said:
    Gosh, I could write a thesis on the politics of PK and the considerable about of evidence we have regarding the overall health of an organization in relation to their active PK population, but I think if Glom didn't want to listen to me the past 50 IC years, they're not going to start now. It's really not a matter of "we'd be better off if we could just raid Hallifax," nor the desire to win 100% of the time. However, if you do not give PKers the opportunity to win at all, they are not going to be interested in afking for an indefinite amount of time waiting. Which is the direction Glom has taken. Glomdoring will continue to bleed PKers as it has done for quite some time. Which sucks because it's still my favorite place to play, but I don't enjoy any org if I'm not even logging in.

edit: If I'm going to totally spill the tea, it's basically a conflict between PKers PKing with who they want to PK with and RPers RPing with who they want to RP with. Both are valid positions. The thing is, a specific Glom family enjoying Hallifax RP has no organizational benefit, it is only enjoyable for those who choose to partake in it. PK successes which lead to domoths, villages, etc etc etc, benefits the entire org just matter of factly. It's become an argument between what is practical and demonstrably beneficial to everyone versus what a handful want to enjoy in the privacy of a manse, and it's stupid. 
    It's very strange, @Celina, because I agree with a lot of what you're saying, just not with your conclusions on what's the best outcome for everyone. I really don't see a problem with the current alliance with Hallifax- yes, I'm biased because I'm part of "that family" that wanted it in the first place, but I don't see how it hasn't led to organizational success, too. We -have- claimed villages. And domoths. And aetherbubbles. And even if "the alliance" didn't always lend direct support in every single case, the general feeling I've had is that part of our success is due to, at the very least, them fighting against the people we aren't allied with. You claim this is just about what a small group wants rp-wise, well, I. just. don't. agree. that switching teams is going to lead to better success. Do you honestly believe that it's impossible for two people to see all the same information and want the same things(organizational success) but come to different conclusions about how to get it? THAT'S what I find frustrating about this, more than anything else, and I don't believe "your side" has the better case anyway.

As I see it, a certain faction wants to interact with one group of players, and a certain faction wants to interact with a different group, and unfortunately, some of both live in Glomdoring. And I'm tired of it, too. The half-assed reluctance we approach every agreement isn't good for anyone(least of all Glomdoring), and it's not going to change so long as there's no consensus. I've already said I believe the current alliance has generally been fine,  and sure, I don't want to team up with Gaudi or Mag. I don't really have friends there, and that makes rping with OR pking with them not much fun. That doesn't mean I or anyone else aren't also trying to do what we think is best for everyone else, too, so gtfo of here with your nonsense about this being a "pkers versus roleplayers" thing. I'd love to have more conflict and more pk right now- if we could actually agree on who it was that needed pking.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Celina

Write thesis, win bardics for life, publish thesis in-game, get Portius' stink-eye, start direct war between Hallifax and Gaudiguch, re-spark conflict, ?????, profit.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Unrelated to the specifics above, you can totally RP friendships during war-time with enemies. It's fun, and if you do it right, no one takes being murdered by the other personally. Everyone needs a good frenemy (or a Rumplestiltskin) in their life.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited October 2015
    Just saying, if alliances were scrapped, you'd have no issues with arguing about who to fight.

On a more serious note, the current alliances (kethaera's preference) is what is currently in vogue, so it's not like no one can see how that's turning out. It's turning out well? but it really is super boring.

Further, do you have any idea how dumb it is for the few PKers left to literally hesitate on jumping into fights based on who is in alliances with who? "Well, it's a 5v5 but I can't hit Joe who is friends with Sally but I can kill may's friend Paul but I can't defend Sally"

We should probably move kethaera vs celina to tweets though.

• Shuyin said:
    Just saying, if alliances were scrapped, you'd have no issues with arguing about who to fight.
    How would you "scrap alliances?" Just have everybody agree not to ever assist each other during raids and conflict events?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Frenemies was how Taevyn and I started. And Azula and I. ...most of Celest, now that I think about it.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Sylandra said:
    Unrelated to the specifics above, you can totally RP friendships during war-time with enemies. It's fun, and if you do it right, no one takes being murdered by the other personally. Everyone needs a good frenemy (or a Rumplestiltskin) in their life.
    Some of my best friends are frenemies, sure. The thing is, I don't usually have reasons to interact with Mag/Gaudi the same as I have with Serenwilde in the past. So it's not that I only want to murder people I don't like, it's that I want to murder -with- people I actually talk to. Even if it's hate-based talk. My feelings toward @Arcanis are far more positive since we started insulting each other... but him and @Kierstin are pretty much it for Mag. *shrug*
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Delete said family and move on.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You have to actually be able to have enjoyable interactions with someone to make a good frenemies situation. The outcome does not necessarily need to be good or positive for your character, but if you do not have fun then the frenemy relationship is going nowhere.
  • edited October 2015
    Yeah probably best if this was moved out of raves.

In other recent news, rave for Pejat. I've really enjoyed his time as CL.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
    edited October 2015
    Yeah that way of doing it was definitely not gonna work, you can't unilaterally do that and expect everyone else to follow. I don't even know where to begin when you (general you, not specific to anyone ;) ) guys did that without talking it over officially first.

If it's realistically gonna happen, the organization gods will have to help out (like in achaea) or we all have to sit down and just agree.
  • I meant to post this this morning

Before she got back to forums but

A wild @Talan appeared!

edited October 2015
    So here's the thing, it is a group of RPers vs a group of PKers in Glomdoring, and it is a group of RPers de facto decided for the PKers how the PKers must play the game in that organization or, as I did, give them the finger and leave.

Here's the stitch, PKers deciding on alliances does not dictate how the RPers must play the game in that organization, as Sylandra has noted. It is very much a one way street, and until that is recognized by the RPers like it is by the PKers, you're going to hemorrhage PKers. 

If this is becoming an argument about whose PK perspective is more valid, mine or Kethaera's, well I think that's demonstrative of why we're in this situation to begin with.
  • Hey guys, made a new thread just titled Alliance. Before we get Raves shut down, lets move it over there. I do think this is a conversation worth having just in terms of it's interesting to see the different view points and ideas about what could/wouldn't work.
  • Inched from 96 to 98 over three days. Soon...

• Eodh said:
    Inched from 96 to 98 over three days. Soon...

The next part is hell
  • Chirbo said:
    Eodh said:
    Inched from 96 to 98 over three days. Soon...

The next part is hell
    I took a quick look, and on each level from 95 up to 98 there are only something like 3-6 people on each level, but on Titan there are more than 10 people slugging through. That's kind of ominous D:

But once you're here it's kind of hard to stop. I just have to accept the fact that my eyes will glaze over permanently.

• edited October 2015
    Apparently it's not replacement honors as I thought (thanks @Talan for testing/proving this). Have at it super quest friends!

#145 He aided in the summoning of the Spirit of Groundhog.
This discussion has been closed.