Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    After empowering a bunch of bards before turning them in, I take everything back everything bad I ever said about Beauty crown.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Kiradawea said:
    What does Maellio call 20 pies?

A quick snack.
    Fix'd >.=.>

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ah hah, now I know who to throw my hundreds of spice pies at!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited August 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Ah hah, now I know who to throw my hundreds of spice pies at!
    Xenthos is really Prince Adam?!
    See: Xion, the Waystation quest that wants Oleanvir rabbits, the Waystation quest that wants sweetgrass, Frosticia ice-spikes... my list is woefully short, I know I have barely scratched the surface. If the quest requires you to stand around doing absolutely nothing for 30+ minutes while waiting for respawns as part of its design... well. Why?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    It provides interesting RP opportunity for someone to completely screw you by going in and killing your mobs?
  • The Magnagora Power Quest gives you 15 bowls of soup for 12-13 beggars. THere's *always* leftovers and it confuses newbies a lot.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Marcella said:
    The Magnagora Power Quest gives you 15 bowls of soup for 12-13 beggars. THere's *always* leftovers and it confuses newbies a lot.
    That's just so the newbies can eat them and then deliver themselves.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Personal moral conflict: OOCly, I don't want to reveal to people how they can screw up epic quests for other orgs, because doing that is a jerk move. But I can't think of any IC justification for not doing so which other people would accept.
  • Iytha said:
    Personal moral conflict: OOCly, I don't want to reveal to people how they can screw up epic quests for other orgs, because doing that is a jerk move. But I can't think of any IC justification for not doing so which other people would accept.
    Honour. Integrity. Trustworthiness. Sense of fair play. A belief in that a positive attitude will bring more people to salvation of the one true path rather than push them into enmity and loathing by engaging in behaviour that only serves to frustrate them. Pick one.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Iytha said:
    Personal moral conflict: OOCly, I don't want to reveal to people how they can screw up epic quests for other orgs, because doing that is a jerk move. But I can't think of any IC justification for not doing so which other people would accept.
    ICly forgetting/not knowing even if you the player remember/know.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Oh dear. What a fine, wonderful mess I have wandered into.  This game shall be glorious.
    Iytha said:
    Doesn't work, usually. I remember certain Gaudi trying to interfere with my orgepic repeatedly... and it only served to slow me down, thus screwing over the person from Gaudi who I was supposedly interfering with. (I did mirror army once, then the Gaudis did mirror army, then it devolved after that to killing researchers and the chief guy in cloud mesa with claims that I had done mirror army repeatedly just to screw with them, yadda, yadda) Quest ended up taking three days longer than it would have, time during which Gaudi was building their statue like good boys and girls, only for it to end up being destroyed when I completed. Would have been much simpler for them to let me finish it than to try and get in my way. *shrugs*

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The forest quests are easier to disrupt for long periods of time, because they have a limited timeframe. Slow someone down enough and you can break their combo, so to speak, setting them back to square one until they can be awake during the correct time.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Sea battle
    /drops mic
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Enyalida said:
    The forest quests are easier to disrupt for long periods of time, because they have a limited timeframe. Slow someone down enough and you can break their combo, so to speak, setting them back to square one until they can be awake during the correct time.
    I hated the whole new moon / full moon thing about the SerenGlom orgepics... probably why I never finished it. Well, that and the fact that it was borked when I tried going at it in Glom... still... if my understanding is correct, the three final quests for Seren and Glom aren't that long when compared to the statue building bits of Halli and Gaudi

It is absurdly easy to disrupt the Gromagh quest in Hifarae, though.
  • The forest quests require only a fraction of the work the city quests do, but they are far easier to disrupt. The forests are the hare, the cities are the tortoise.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited August 2013
    They all have their pros and cons. I think whoever designed the org epic quest arcs did a pretty decent job of making them equally torturous for different reasons.
  • I don't know. I think Id rather be able to work towards the epic quest whenever I had the time than have to be confined to one particular hour every 32(?) days. I'm probably going to stay up all weekend or set alarms for new moons.

But perhaps this is just lusting after something I don't have. I do that a lot.
  • I can safely say that I far far prefer the Glom epic to the Mag epic. Whoever thought of the idea of having everything you have to kill run after a hit, I'm looking at you. Killing mutts, and then killing the animals, as a Monk absolutely sucks.
  • One-shotting mutts ftw
    edited August 2013
    Thing is with the mutts and the zoo animals, you don't have to do that yourself, someone else can do it for you. However, you need to be online for that one hour every so often... and then there's the Hills.

Sea Battle favouritism hasn't got squat on the Hills.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited August 2013
    Talan said:
    Making a quest require more of X than exist in the game at any one time for no particular reason does not make a quest more dynamic, exciting, engaging, interesting, or fun.

Please stop doing this.
    Amen. Oh man. It's for this reason I just don't quest much.
  • I'm fairly convinced that Hexes has become the absolute buggiest skill in the game.  :(
    edited August 2013
    I loathe the increasing diminishing returns on essence gains, trying to break into the top #5 is the most mind numbing, soul crushing grind ever.

• Kio, you should be an astrologer. ... Can Shadowdancers be astrologers? Anyway, stars.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.