Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I actually didn't buy nearly as much esteem as I offered. I have a mask, and have had it for a long time - one of my first artifacts really. I have had a lot of use from it, and a lot of esteem (lots offered, lots sold to make me rich). If you influence a lot anyway, then yeah, I think it's worth it!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tae'dae eq malus doesn't effect influencing from everything I've ever been told.  Supposedly only charisma has any influence on how quickly you recover equilibrium.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Tarkenton said:
    Tae'dae eq malus doesn't effect influencing from everything I've ever been told.  Supposedly only charisma has any influence on how quickly you recover equilibrium.
    Listen to him, he knows what he's talking about.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Munsia said:
    Surely enslaving them isn't looking out for their best interests...
    Technically, we are helping them serve their tah'vrai.  We are not enslaving them.  That whole thing ended way back when Maeve (the Administration) changed how fae can be brought to Glomdoring and they spent a lot of time discussing what the tah'vrai meant.

On an OOC level, the way it is presented is this: They know that they need to do it, but they don't really *want* to.  They just consider it their obligation.  They have the same obligation to Serenwilde, but they sure seem to like going there a lot more.  ICly, of course, we say that they love being bound in shadows.
  • Selenity said:Things I'm not using: ikons (I tried EAT IKON and it doesn't work so woop not doing that), great rune for charity/begging, kissable lips artifact, charismatic aura, achievements bonus(es), a set of tawdry clothing, perfumes/oils/whatever they're called, and I think there's some special cookie thing that gives you experience or helps with influencing somehow?...

Syntax:
       IKON LIST [INFO|FULL|LIST <l>|GROUP <g>|TYPE <t>|QUALITY <q>|START <s>|<match string>]
       IKON LISTS
       IKON MARK <ikon> <list|NONE>
       IKON SHOW <ikon>
       IKON TRADE <ikon> TO <person> [FOR [<amount> GOLD|IKON <ikon>]]
       IKON CONSUME <ikon>

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Akyaevin said:
    Selenity said:Things I'm not using: ikons (I tried EAT IKON and it doesn't work so woop not doing that), great rune for charity/begging, kissable lips artifact, charismatic aura, achievements bonus(es), a set of tawdry clothing, perfumes/oils/whatever they're called, and I think there's some special cookie thing that gives you experience or helps with influencing somehow?...

Syntax:
       IKON LIST [INFO|FULL|LIST <l>|GROUP <g>|TYPE <t>|QUALITY <q>|START <s>|<match string>]
       IKON LISTS
       IKON MARK <ikon> <list|NONE>
       IKON SHOW <ikon>
       IKON TRADE <ikon> TO <person> [FOR [<amount> GOLD|IKON <ikon>]]
       IKON CONSUME <ikon>

You know, I assumed when everyone was saying to me, "You need to consume an ikon to use it" that they meant to eat it, not that I have to literally consume it. Thanks!
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:
    Technically, we are helping them serve their tah'vrai.  We are not enslaving them.  That whole thing ended way back when Maeve (the Administration) changed how fae can be brought to Glomdoring and they spent a lot of time discussing what the tah'vrai meant.

On an OOC level, the way it is presented is this: They know that they need to do it, but they don't really *want* to.  They just consider it their obligation.  They have the same obligation to Serenwilde, but they sure seem to like going there a lot more.  ICly, of course, we say that they love being bound in shadows.
    As far as I remember summoning them displayed a very unhealthy message back then, was that changed?
  • No, they are still dragged out screaming before they're bound.

• edited November 2014

False Memory

It's true, I really am you.
  • In this corner! @Lisaera and in the other! @Drocilla

3....2....1.....FIGHT!

Munsia said:
    Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:

As far as I remember summoning them displayed a very unhealthy message back then, was that changed?
    Yeah, summoning has them screaming as they're dragged out from the Ethereal plane.  Again, that's part of the "duty" though.  They are obligated to serve, even if it hurts them (on an OOC level, this is the currently defined story).  ICly, we don't see it that way, obviously.
    If they felt obligated they wouldn't be screaming, all I'm saying. 
    Munsia said:
    Sometimes people feel obligated to do things that hurt them... that's part of what makes it an obligation.

If they enjoyed it, it would be less onerous!
    Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:
    Sometimes people feel obligated to do things that hurt them... that's part of what makes it an obligation.

I don't think feeling obligated means the same thing between where I'm standing and where you are standing. Feeling obligated to do something does not come with screaming for dear life in any situation. 
  • Lavinya said:
    I actually didn't buy nearly as much esteem as I offered. I have a mask, and have had it for a long time - one of my first artifacts really. I have had a lot of use from it, and a lot of esteem (lots offered, lots sold to make me rich). If you influence a lot anyway, then yeah, I think it's worth it!

Turning Daganev into a retired old warrior who talks too much, is certainly sounding like an idea :P  (Minimal system requirements are a big plus to me I think)
  • Munsia said:
    Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:

I don't think feeling obligated means the same thing between where I'm standing and where you are standing. Feeling obligated to do something does not come with screaming for dear life in any situation. 
    Obligated to scream for your dear life? eh? eh? ::deal::
  • Semantically, the word "obligation" simply means an action a person is legally bound (via contracts) or morally bound (This is Right and Good) to perform. Generally speaking, definitions of the word do not mention willingness, just the actual need to do it.

In context, the word can be taken in many different ways, and all of them are perfectly valid. Generally speaking, in real life contexts, the concepts related to "obligation" could be things like "duty", "patriotism", "loyalty" and if you want to stretch it, even "filial piety". Some of these, like patriotism and loyalty, is obviously consensual and willingly undertaken, perhaps even enthusiastically so. Others, like "duty" or "filial piety" are more neutral, and there are plenty of cases where the person performing such acts do so grudgingly or even while loudly expressing their displeasure.

• Level 84 20-Charisma Elfen here. It will have taken me four laps around Lirangsha ( 35 minutes per lap and an hour for reset ) to hit level 85. That's with a golden tonic, subscription experience bonus, wetfold origami, an influencing pony (oh crap I forgot to dismiss it before logging out...), harmony, performing as a vagabond, trans influence, a wig (I heard this helps, not sure how true). Things I'm not using: ikons (I tried EAT IKON and it doesn't work so woop not doing that), great rune for charity/begging, kissable lips artifact, charismatic aura, achievements bonus(es), a set of tawdry clothing, perfumes/oils/whatever they're called, and I think there's some special cookie thing that gives you experience or helps with influencing somehow?...

I think if you can hit 20 CHA you may still be a bit slower to me because Tae'dae have an equilibrium malus-thingy, right? So just add on another 10 minutes per lap (45 minutes) and see how much one lap nets you in comparison. Sorry if this post is useless to you mostly, but at least you have a checklist of things to do for influencing to get the most out of it?
    Any ideas how much esteem you make in a lap?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daganev said:

Level 84 20-Charisma Elfen here. It will have taken me four laps around Lirangsha ( 35 minutes per lap and an hour for reset ) to hit level 85. That's with a golden tonic, subscription experience bonus, wetfold origami, an influencing pony (oh crap I forgot to dismiss it before logging out...), harmony, performing as a vagabond, trans influence, a wig (I heard this helps, not sure how true). Things I'm not using: ikons (I tried EAT IKON and it doesn't work so woop not doing that), great rune for charity/begging, kissable lips artifact, charismatic aura, achievements bonus(es), a set of tawdry clothing, perfumes/oils/whatever they're called, and I think there's some special cookie thing that gives you experience or helps with influencing somehow?...

I think if you can hit 20 CHA you may still be a bit slower to me because Tae'dae have an equilibrium malus-thingy, right? So just add on another 10 minutes per lap (45 minutes) and see how much one lap nets you in comparison. Sorry if this post is useless to you mostly, but at least you have a checklist of things to do for influencing to get the most out of it?
    Any ideas how much esteem you make in a lap?
    It's been a while since I bothered, but I think 800ish is a reasonable estimate. Take that with a pillar of salt, though - it's been like literal RL months since I've bothered going to Lirangsha at all. Definitely more than 500.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Honestly, why not just go influence, try it and see? 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • if you use wetfolds you will get 500+

• Synkarin said:
    Honestly, why not just go influence, try it and see? 

I've managed to get 35,000 esteem, but lost count of how many times I've done it, or by what method I used to do what I've done so far.  Seems silly to redo what others have already figured out.
  • edited November 2014
    Ssaliss said:
    Also, if you read back I said "a long-standing tradition". Not that we've always done so :D
    Didnt glom only recently enact the same ritual to make their own eaf, which frankly uses fae corpses?

Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:

Maligorn said:
    No, they are still dragged out screaming before they're bound.

Naime said:

False Memory

Glom RP in a nutshell.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Seems silly to me to ask everyone for all the dirty details to find the best place to influence. Part of the fun is discovering good places for yourself

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    Seems silly to me to ask everyone for all the dirty details to find the best place to influence. Part of the fun is discovering good places for yourself
    Plus wasn't there a thread somewhere about influencing areas?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited November 2014
    Synkarin said:
    You appear to not recognize what I'm asking.
    I'm trying to figure out if Influencing to level 100 will get me 1 or 5 million esteem with and without the mask which gives +25% esteem.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arcanis said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Also, if you read back I said "a long-standing tradition". Not that we've always done so :D
    Didnt glom only recently enact the same ritual to make their own eaf, which frankly uses fae corpses?

Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:

Maligorn said:
    No, they are still dragged out screaming before they're bound.

Naime said:

False Memory

Glom RP in a nutshell.
    Dem sour grapes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    Synkarin said:
    I'm trying to figure out if Influencing to level 100 will get me 1 or 5 million esteem with and without the mask which gives +25% esteem.
    Even starting at level 1, I doubt you'll break 100k esteem getting to Demi

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Daganev said:
    Synkarin said:
    Even starting at level 1, I doubt you'll break 100k esteem getting to Demi
    That doesn't seem right. I've gotten 35K esteem just from 89-91
    But if so that seems to make the mask very much worth it indeed.
  • edited November 2014
    100k esteem shouldn't be impossible between 1 and demi. I think I got 1k esteem with one run through the Illithoid Prison (although granted, that was a long time ago, so I could easily misremember), and I don't think you'd get that much experience from 100 runs through there (even though it is a pretty awesome place). Of course, this assumes you don't go super-stacking XP-boosts, like lips+tonic+ikon+achievements+membership+Xenthos' underpants.
This discussion has been closed.