Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Yeah, I think Hallifax and Gaudiguch just get straight power, not mobs from fae.

• Iari said:

Elanorwen said:
    ...Gaudi gets some random fleshy thing, etc.
    And now, a public service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Illuminatus:

We of the Illuminati would just like to say that this is an entirely unsubstantiated rumour started by Chixieya Ninchi, after a particularly intense party involving firemead, cactus weed and absinthe.

Thank you.

We now return you to your regular tweeting.
    Occupy Gaudiguch!
    Retired.
  • Haezon said:
    Occupy Gaudiguch!
    We all know that any attempt to occupy Gaudiguch would result in said occupiers going "Screw this, it's too bloody hot here. I'm going back to <insert city or commune here.>"
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Except Glomdoring. IIRC, it used to get stupid hot in Glom, at least before the big weather change. As in: Unless you are nude, in shade, and drinking a cool drink this temperature by rights should start killing you pretty soon, you furred armor-wearer.
  • Maligorn said:
    Yeah, I think Hallifax and Gaudiguch just get straight power, not mobs from fae.
    Mag actually just gets power from fae snacks. It shows up as Gorgy spitting out new demons, but mobs don't spawn or anything.
  • Yeah, Glom has never "gotten over" the fae-to-imps thing. It just... never happens so Glom doesn't kick a fuss and cry that it's "possible". Unlike the Maeve case, cuz like Silvanus said, Glom has been consistenly pushing for THAT to be reversed. (Not looking at the Mag leadership to actually do something, since they literally can't, it's the admin the Glom have been pushing against, just that Mag is the official channel to get the message to the admin via RP channels.)

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lerad said:
    Yeah, Glom has never "gotten over" the fae-to-imps thing. It just... never happens so Glom doesn't kick a fuss and cry that it's "possible". Unlike the Maeve case, cuz like Silvanus said, Glom has been consistenly pushing for THAT to be reversed. (Not looking at the Mag leadership to actually do something, since they literally can't, it's the admin the Glom have been pushing against, just that Mag is the official channel to get the message to the admin via RP channels.)
    You can do it during events, too.

There's an events post where I held an item hostage until the NPC agreed to go talk to the Iron Council about the branding.  <_<

Kind of wish something would happen in regards to that, if the admin gave Magnagora the option to at least consider pursuing it, I think it would open up a lot of possibility.  You don't need to force them to do it, but just provide the opportunity and let them decide.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited November 2014
    I'm presuming the branding is also why Maeve hasn't spoken about anything, because it would reopen that can of worms. I presume when she does speak up, it will be because something is going to happen to it (or the possibility will be appearing.)

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Noticing some serious lagspikes, as are a few others. Everything okay on there, admins + coders?
  • Selenity said:
    Noticing some serious lagspikes, as are a few others. Everything okay on there, admins + coders?
    They're just working on another way to screw over the forests :(

If you kill ten fae, you get a random blessing.
    Retired.
  • I really REALLY doubt the Admin are looking for ways to make 2 orgs cry

It's true, I really am you.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm just saying I want an angel - fae combo mount that breathes divinus and has inherent flight.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It is proving a constant source of amusement for me that one of the eaf's inherent powers is paranoia.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • Well, see, we don't HAVE alliance treaties or agreements or anything.

This is how Magnagora rolls. Either you put pen to paper and get us to agree to not do things (which we proceed to not do) or we continue to do things you can cry about.

we'd constantly be doing Soulforge if the quest wasn't broken for this reason, we've wanted actual alliances for a while but half of Gaudi doesn't want to because Mysrite and Glomdoring's all "MAEVE HAS A BRAND AUGH"
  • Marcella said:
    Well, see, we don't HAVE alliance treaties or agreements or anything.

This is how Magnagora rolls. Either you put pen to paper and get us to agree to not do things (which we proceed to not do) or we continue to do things you can cry about.

we'd constantly be doing Soulforge if the quest wasn't broken for this reason, we've wanted actual alliances for a while but half of Gaudi doesn't want to because Mysrite and Glomdoring's all "MAEVE HAS A BRAND AUGH"
    God knows I've tried.
  • I don't know where to put this, but there's this super strange bug that doesn't let me use "Kata Perform" to execute kata forms.

If I alias it, the new alias commands, it works perfectly. It keeps saying "you must be in performance mode to do this"
    is dead like the dodo
  • Random question.  Any opinion on the Mask of esteemed beauty being "worth it"?  450 credits to get +25% esteem.
    (Not sure what I would do with all the extra karma)
  • edited November 2014
    It really depends on how much you influence. Quick math:

450cr=9.000.000 gold (at 20k per credit).
    Esteem is currently priced at about 20 gold per unit at the aetherplex (at least from what I can see), but I've seen it for as low as 13 not too long ago.

At 20 gold per esteem, the mask would "cost" 450.000 esteem. If 450.000 esteem is 25%, then you'd have to influence to roughly 2m esteem (without the mask) to make it worth it.

At 13 gold per esteem, the cost would be ~700.000 esteem. This'd mean you'd have to influence to roughly 2.800.000 esteem to make it worth it.

EDIT: The following people have offered 1m esteem or more: Ardmore, Camberre, Karlach, Lavinya, Pejat, Ragniliff, Tacita, Talan, Vivet, Xena, and Xenthos. My guess is that most of those bought a fair amount of their esteem though.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I think you'd have to make a career out of influencing for it to pay for itself. Following Ssaliss' train of thought, I think there's more "value" if you're aiming to offer the esteem, in which case the mask increases your offerings per time invested. So for things like the esteem-offering achievement (which would net you back 140 credits if you made it to the 5 million esteem) or for generating family honour - offering the esteem to the family Patron - I'd say there's some value, but even then you'd have to influence a lot!
  • I find that the esteem market currently is pretty unused and dry. I cant recall the last time we had a real 'Divine order war' going on. The last time someone was asking for alot of esteem was when another wanted to test how much esteem it does take to roughly drop a full shrine.

• Arcanis said:
    I find that the esteem market currently is pretty unused and dry. I cant recall the last time we had a real 'Divine order war' going on. The last time someone was asking for alot of esteem was when another wanted to test how much esteem it does take to roughly drop a full shrine.

I can, and it was the most hilarious thing ever. Fain's order VS Valtreth's. Why hilarious? Because the Fainites were attacking, and then the Valtites offered the order war. Needless to say, it was hella funny listening to the play-by-play on clans.
    Retired.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    When Jadice/Crumkane/Carakhan/Drocilla made their arrival, esteem prices went through the roof. People were selling esteem at 50 GPU.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Then all Daganev needs to wait for is for another batch of four or five gods arriving at the same time, and he can get away with only influencing ~720k esteem :D
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited November 2014
    Silvanus said:
    Most of the complaints from Glomdoring towards Magnagora in recent years has been because Maeve was branded by Nifilhema during some event years upon years ago. No one has led fae to Gorgulu in a long time.
    I do on occasion. 

And on the subject of Glomdoring always protecting the fae...are you sure 'always'? I mean, don't make me pull out glomdoring inception things on you...
  • *falsememory active*
    I mean, I of course wouldn't know HOW you managed to enslave fae when it first came out.
  • Also, if you read back I said "a long-standing tradition". Not that we've always done so :D
    Surely enslaving them isn't looking out for their best interests...
  • edited November 2014
    Kelly said:
    I think you'd have to make a career out of influencing for it to pay for itself. Following Ssaliss' train of thought, I think there's more "value" if you're aiming to offer the esteem, in which case the mask increases your offerings per time invested. So for things like the esteem-offering achievement (which would net you back 140 credits if you made it to the 5 million esteem) or for generating family honour - offering the esteem to the family Patron - I'd say there's some value, but even then you'd have to influence a lot!

Ssaliss said:

Esteem is currently priced at about 20 gold per unit at the aetherplex (at least from what I can see), but I've seen it for as low as 13 not too long ago.

At 20 gold per esteem, the mask would "cost" 450.000 esteem. If 450.000 esteem is 25%, then you'd have to influence to roughly 2m esteem (without the mask) to make it worth it.

At 13 gold per esteem, the cost would be ~700.000 esteem. This'd mean you'd have to influence to roughly 2.800.000 esteem to make it worth it.

EDIT: The following people have offered 1m esteem or more: Ardmore, Camberre, Karlach, Lavinya, Pejat, Ragniliff, Tacita, Talan, Vivet, Xena, and Xenthos. My guess is that most of those bought a fair amount of their esteem though.
    Interesting thanks.  So basically, I need to figure out how much time I will save if I try to go for 5 million essence, and see if that time saved is worth it for me.

Hmm, if you had to guess, how many lirangashas would I have to influence to get 5 mil esteem, and how many would I have to influence to get from level 91 to 100?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited November 2014
    Daganev said:
    Kelly said:

Ssaliss said:

Interesting thanks.  So basically, I need to figure out how much time I will save if I try to go for 5 million essence, and see if that time saved is worth it for me.

Hmm, if you had to guess, how many lirangashas would I have to influence to get 5 mil esteem, and how many would I have to influence to get from level 91 to 100?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (borked formatting on my screen, yay!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Level 84 20-Charisma Elfen here. It will have taken me four laps around Lirangsha ( 35 minutes per lap and an hour for reset ) to hit level 85. That's with a golden tonic, subscription experience bonus, wetfold origami, an influencing pony (oh crap I forgot to dismiss it before logging out...), harmony, performing as a vagabond, trans influence, a wig (I heard this helps, not sure how true). Things I'm not using: ikons (I tried EAT IKON and it doesn't work so woop not doing that), great rune for charity/begging, kissable lips artifact, charismatic aura, achievements bonus(es), a set of tawdry clothing, perfumes/oils/whatever they're called, and I think there's some special cookie thing that gives you experience or helps with influencing somehow?...

I think if you can hit 20 CHA you may still be a bit slower to me because Tae'dae have an equilibrium malus-thingy, right? So just add on another 10 minutes per lap (45 minutes) and see how much one lap nets you in comparison. Sorry if this post is useless to you mostly, but at least you have a checklist of things to do for influencing to get the most out of it?
This discussion has been closed.