Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    INNNNNAPPROPRIATE
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shaddus said:
    Those aren't arms you have open for Lothringen.

I enjoy where this conversation is going.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    They still call me rude
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    Don't like the decision on origami and I know ranting here won't change it. :(

Is it really such a concern that people might try to use the wrong noun trying to open a wolf origami?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    There's a snake one...

• Daraius said:

Is it really such a concern that people might try to use the wrong noun trying to open a wolf origami?
    There is always the possibility of suggesting new origami patterns, if you believe they would be widely used and the Charites agree with you.
    I don't really design so I don't understand the problem here...why do you have to suggest a new pattern for a wolf origami?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I for one never found the use of targeting by the pattern 'object' (dragon, snake, etc). In fact, it more often pops up as an annoyance - like when I'm trying to enter the Nexus World, and happen to have a flame origami in my hands. Ugh, a thousand times ugh.

As for the whole "origami is the main noun, but really isn't the main noun, but really IS the main noun" thing, well...yeah. I think it's dumb the way it's handled, BUT we are definitely moving in the right direction with this little notice. It beats the former "We're deleting all of the packages that look like things" posting.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited July 2014
    There's a number of arbitrary patterns to choose from. A crane, a package, a snake, a spire, a blossom, and so on. Designers can then adjust the appearance and dropped and examined description as you would with any other design, as long as it's still a crane, a package, a snake, a blossom, whatever. 

The problem (as I've seen it since origami was released), is that "origami" should be the only main noun you really need. All of the patterns list "origami" as a viable main noun, but it's apparently not. So instead of being able to design "a howling wolf origami" or "a beryl aerial origami" (both of which were approved and gave me hope that things were moving in a positive direction), they would have to be "a howling wolf origami package" or "a beryl aerial origami package."
    I used to make cakes.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited July 2014
    Munsia said:
    I don't really design so I don't understand the problem here...why do you have to suggest a new pattern for a wolf origami?
    Because we have a large assortment of pre-determined origami shapes, like the snakes and turtles and...whatever else we have now. Now if you wanted to make a wolf, for instance, you would have to design it using the 'package' pattern, e.g.: 'an origami package shaped like a wolf', or something similar.

Since the patterns state that 'origami' could be used as the main noun, you would think you could simply make 'a wolf origami'. However, it doesn't work that way.

Edit: Ninja Daraius. Much sneak, very cowl.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Let's redo all the gami designs. And while we're at it, redo the entire tattoo system (and allow self tattooing) too.
    \m/

Isune said:

Daraius said:

There is always the possibility of suggesting new origami patterns, if you believe they would be widely used and the Charites agree with you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but those of us who have been designing for a while have been discouraged by the Charites a long while back from suggesting new comms and/or design patterns. I realise this is likely because some people abused the privilege (for instance, wanting algontherine eggs as a comm so they could make an omelette), but our common sense suggestions for a long time have been met with deaf ears: having all the elemental mobs from fire and air added as comms, or a pattern for an outdoor chandelier replacement, or more wallfeatures beyond sconces.

Unless you're giving an unsubtle hint that requests and/or suggestions are being taken once again, I'm reluctant to try.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Daraius said:
    Eventru was never able to explain why we have this collection of random pre-set patterns instead of allowing "origami" as a main noun. I thought it was just a personal crusade of his. To me it makes about as much sense as having pre-set shapes for tattoos.
    We have discussed the possibility of moving away from using origami templates that include superfluous aliases, but We fear that boat already sailed a long time ago.

What's unfortunate is that since origami is reliant on the patterns as they are currently set up, it's difficult to move in the direction of using 'origami' only. It would take not only a great amount of effort admin-side to remove the extraneous aliases (ie, 'star' or 'flame') from existing patterns and designs, but it would result in a set of needlessly identical patterns for designers to choose from. Deleting them could potentially cause issues with the approved designs that were based on them. If originally there had been only one set template of 'origami' for a trademaster to use, there would be no such issue. But that is not how origami was born, and so We can only seek to be consistent. (As an aside: No matter whether We rule on the use of 'origami' as acceptable as a main noun or not, it will forever show up as an option due to 'origami' being targettable for each pattern. We regret that this causes confusion.)

While you are certainly allowed to feel however you wish to about Our decision, We hope this helps explain where it came from! As Isune has said, We are willing to listen to new origami patterns, and We hope this is an acceptable compromise.
    Divine just get soooo use to using royal word usage...
    edited July 2014
    Guess I'll make a suggestion for a new pattern then. :|
    I used to make cakes.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    There sure are a lot more people doing time in forums jail nowadays. Getting Shawshank up in here, even.
    Shuyin said:

There sure are a lot more people doing time in forums jail nowadays. Getting Shawshank up in here, even.

Judge Dredd Oneiroi have to earn their keep.
    Judge Dredd doesn't jail people, silly. He has a 90% fatality rate. 

The crooked forest paths twist dizzyingly around you, and you find yourself stumbling through the 
    branches.
    Vines from the looming trees drape about your form, clinging to you as you stumble along the twisted 
    path.

Silly pathtwist, I'm  not falling for you again!

You reach upwards and concentrate on finding a sturdy branch, then lift yourself up with relative 
    ease.
    In the trees above an ancient silver-touched yew's glade.
    The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine 
    of Lisaera nearby. It is warm and quite pleasant.
    You see exits leading northeast, east, south, and northwest.
     (7049h|7049h)   (8055m|8280m)   (6405e|6555) (10p) 95%w|96%e  -ex-  22.80m
    The bough you're standing on suddenly tilts and branches forcibly hurl you out of the tree, sending 
    you tumbling to the forest floor.

God damn it...

(7049h|7049h)   (8055m|8280m)   (6330e|6555) (10p) 95%w|96%e  -ex-  22.80m
    A snow dusted forest giving way to spring.
    The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine 
    of Lisaera nearby. A gentle breeze whistles around you. Albion, the First of the Crones is here, 
    bent over her cauldron. There are 2 Ladies of the Argent Light here. A birch sapling clings 
    tenaciously to the ground here. Mushrooms are growing here in a perfect circle. The ethereal figure 
    of a Lady of Sterling Light stands here ever alert, her graceful figure blending neatly into the 
    foliage. There are 2 marjoram sprigs in a group here. A group of reishi mushrooms lies here in a 
    pile. There is a small group of galingale stems here. There is a small group of pennyroyal bunches 
    here. There are 2 coltsfoot plugs in a group here. There is a small group of clumps of kombu seaweed 
    here. There are 2 wormwoods in a group here. There is a small group of arnica buds here. About to 
    blow away, a small horehound blossom is here. A stalk of faeleaf glitters on the ground. A piece of 
    black earwort is lying here on the ground.
    You see exits leading north and southeast.
    A Lady of the Argent Light exclaims, "Enemy of Mother Moon! Your time has come!"
    A Lady of the Argent Light raises a gleaming sword of ice, readying herself to attack you.
    A Lady of the Argent Light exclaims, "Enemy of Mother Moon! Your time has come!"
    A Lady of the Argent Light raises a gleaming sword of ice, readying herself to attack you.
    A Lady of the Sterling Light exclaims, "Enemy of Mother Moon! Your time has come!"
    A Lady of the Sterling Light draws her athame dagger and advances on you.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So they stopped all other forced movement from going into supermobs, but pathtwist into Smobs is legitimate?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2014
    I thought she got pathtwisted behind them, tried to climb past and treebane knocked her down into them.
    Yeah, I climbed up and moved south, and i got treebaned in the half second between commands :(

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rivius said:
    I thought she got pathtwisted behind them, tried to climb past and treebane knocked her down into them.
    Happened to me as well. Pathtwist got me straight into Albion.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You guys know you can just do 'Enter portal' and move back to the original room right?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    You guys know you can just do 'Enter portal' and move back to the original room right?

If it's magical, does that work in distort?

Also @Celina needs to learn to focus spirit!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't know, it used to not work in distort at all, so I don't know if you can enter while it's distorted

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.