Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Aren't race hats part of the justification on us not getting, say, statpacks? To rp the race you want while having the stats you want? I seem to remember this argument in the past but I'm mobilebound and searching the forums for quotes is a pain.

• Iunno I always thought racehats were just permanent changeself, that you never ever ask anyone about.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Lavinya said:

Before moving to Mag I saved and made sure I had the credits and dingbats I needed to make this move a good experience for me because as a player this kind of drama is getting real old real quick. I spoke with different people on hats and made sure it wasn't going to be a thing. 

As far as anyone is concerned I may or may not have reincarnated and I just happen to really love that hat for its adorability (/sarcasm). Also I was in that fulcrux for all of about 30 seconds and I only entered out of reflexive habit to offer as that was what I was on my way to do with another shrine.

@Pectus asked to see if my hat would work on him, and I knew this was bullshit so I sent an ooc tell and said I would for all of two seconds (as an ooc act) because honestly the little games you two play is only going to hurt you two. My removal of my hat was an ooc act which we discussed oocly and was done with only us two -players- within that space. If you want to make out it was anything other than that it is fine, But while you are there make sure you aren't pissing off half of Magnagora by making hats a thing. :) 

If you are upset with me Tremula/Pectus and you struggle to get over the fact I don't pander to your booboos that is fine. I am a big girl. I can ignore you two just fine. Don't make @Qistrel's gaming time painful because of it. That is not cool. 

I am really loving Mag for what it is worth. And I am really excited because I am learning more about Lust than I ever have before and actually realising what an awesome concept this game is based on. But if we can cut the drama that would be nice too. Cheers.
    Just saying, that running a campaign by messaging most of the city to elect a shrub was pretty dramatic too, especially as a brand new convert to Magnagora and very very new to our politics. It made the puns of Enadonella still being attached to the forest that more amusing.

Racehats really are so awkward IC. I really, really wish @Estarra would make it so they don't show up in our descriptions. Because whilever it is technically a device that everyone knows only hides your true form, it's going to make things messy. Being an Elfen in Magnagora is a pretty big deal. Racehats are completely open to interpretation and that bugs me to no end. A ruling really needs to be made on whether they are ooc devices and should be ignored IC or are just a fancy illusion fully aknowledged in character.
    Can I get a defined number that qualifies as half the city? Because I messaged two people. I spoke with a few others via tells. But that was the extent of it really. Since I knew where it was going. 

I can reincarnate that is fine if that is what needs to happen. As a player it is frustrating, in that I actually waited until I had the hat (because I still have my reincarnate so it would have been cheaper to just do that) because that was the right thing for me to do as I was looking to avoid too many changes. Because I knew I would be incredibly overwhelmed with all of my new skills I didn't want to have to deal with more changes to stats and what not. I am sure you can understand that this being my primary source of enjoyment, I took a lot of time and care and spent my irl monies on ensuring this continued to be fun. 

Now I log on and I have found out they are not only continuing to icly attack someone because of a  personal vendetta against me but also ruin my own fun. I am not trying to focus on the hat, anything icly can be resolved. I am trying to point out that this kind of drama needs to stop. If you have ooc issues go deal with them. Don't make someone's life a misery for it. Enough is enough. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tell her to tell them to bugger off.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • "Wow. Tell her to **** off." - 2:10am (I kinda already did...)
  • I similarly think it's kind of lame to give someone crap for this when they're just trying to get on with their rat killing. However, I have to admit I personally have taken a bit of pleasure in pointing out a racehat in the past, because 90% of that person's personal RP was about racial superiority (and yet they have to racehat it). I can accept someone's wanting to play and roleplay two different races, but I can't really handle raging hypocrisy. Ultimately, I have to assume this is considered some sort of illusory device. If they wanted it to be a completely OOC mechanic, I assume they would make them invisible?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited March 2015

Now I log on and I have found out they are not only continuing to icly attack someone because of a  personal vendetta against me but also ruin my own fun. I am not trying to focus on the hat, anything icly can be resolved. I am trying to point out that this kind of drama needs to stop. If you have ooc issues go deal with them. Don't make someone's life a misery for it. Enough is enough. 
    I was literally pulled aside in-character as Drocilla's Nightingale because multiple people saw you two in there. I handled this in-character matter in-character as I thought appropriate. If you want to march your Mistress self up to a Marquessa and tell her how to do her job, feel happy. Later, after things had cooled down, Nikkakorra and I spoke out-of-character to ensure that while our characters might have had a disagreement, we as players had no hard feelings.

This is how separation works. This is what happened. I dealt with my OOC issues with you by kindly asking you to refrain from contacting me in such a manner again. I enjoy Nikk and want to have RP with her to help advance her in Dro's order and see if the RP I talked through with her when she moved to Mag was viable. Kindly move on and accept that while you may think it does, my personal time in Lusternia does not revolve around you and your accused misery-making.

EDIT: You got a favour since I last checked. Congratulations.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited March 2015
    So would it be okay for Ena to be ousted from Mag/Nihi for it? Which is was Pectus suggested would happen if people found out icly. And how would they know I was an elfen underneath the hat? I could really, reincarnate at any time into anything. If I am wearing my hat no one would know. It is a funny one. I am looking forward to seeing how other Magnagorans I know wearing hats respond icly to it. If it is something that happens.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Make racehats invisible, all problems gooooooone. Please please please admin types! (And then I won't look like a twit wearing a racehat, splendours hat and circlet all at once)

• Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp,
    drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before
    coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially
    whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral
    principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically
    knocking people’s hats off—then, I account it high time to get
    to sea as soon as I can.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Tremula said:

I was literally pulled aside in-character as Drocilla's Nightingale because multiple people saw you two in there. I handled this in-character matter in-character as I thought appropriate. If you want to march your Mistress self up to a Marquessa and tell her how to do her job, feel happy. Later, after things had cooled down, Nikkakorra and I spoke out-of-character to ensure that while our characters might have had a disagreement, we as players had no hard feelings.

This is how separation works. This is what happened. I dealt with my OOC issues with you by kindly asking you to refrain from contacting me in such a manner again. I enjoy Nikk and want to have RP with her to help advance her in Dro's order and see if the RP I talked through with her when she moved to Mag was viable. Kindly move on and accept that while you may think it does, my personal time in Lusternia does not revolve around you and your accused misery-making.

EDIT: You got a favour since I last checked. Congratulations.
    I don't have pity or sensitivity towards you because of your constant attitude of entitlement, which you've neatly displayed here. Just saying. [-(

• Omg! Makes me laugh seeing people with boots, sandals and shoes. Or the hat variants. My imagination just goes crazy! I love that we can only wear I think it is like...ten rings? But you can wear...well all that. And brooches. I really think someone should draw the chars with all the accessories. It would be interesting to see. 
    Kalliste said:

I similarly think it's kind of lame to give someone crap for this when they're just trying to get on with their rat killing. However, I have to admit I personally have taken a bit of pleasure in pointing out a racehat in the past, because 90% of that person's personal RP was about racial superiority (and yet they have to racehat it). I can accept someone's wanting to play and roleplay two different races, but I can't really handle raging hypocrisy. Ultimately, I have to assume this is considered some sort of illusory device. If they wanted it to be a completely OOC mechanic, I assume they would make them invisible?

So you basically broke the fourth wall because someone couldn't afford to reincarnate or just to rub something in their face?

Come on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Celina said:

Siam said:

In other news, behold my progress with my GUI! Still has a long way to go, though. But I feel proud for putting this together.

Your max health is depressing
    Oh, those aren't mine! :) That GUI is for my target's health, mana, ego, power, allergy levels and sap status. :) My netbook is reaaaaally small. So I wanted a place to dump my discern and monitor information on to. I'm still making a separate GUI for my own vitals. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Talan said:

Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp,
    drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before
    coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially
    whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral
    principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically
    knocking people’s hats off—then, I account it high time to get
    to sea as soon as I can.

I don't know what this is from, but I love you for it.
  • edited March 2015
    Stop tagging me. I'm not involved. I wanted to see if a hat worked on someone else. It wasn't a plot to get anyone in trouble. Mentioning a boot from the Nihi wasn't a threat, it's the fact that Elfen aren't allowed to advance in the guild. Nor in the city.  Caaalm your butts.

Tremula and I are not the same person, and we don't agree on the same stuff. We are separate people for goose sake. :-w

• Shaddus said:

Kalliste said:

I similarly think it's kind of lame to give someone crap for this when they're just trying to get on with their rat killing. However, I have to admit I personally have taken a bit of pleasure in pointing out a racehat in the past, because 90% of that person's personal RP was about racial superiority (and yet they have to racehat it). I can accept someone's wanting to play and roleplay two different races, but I can't really handle raging hypocrisy. Ultimately, I have to assume this is considered some sort of illusory device. If they wanted it to be a completely OOC mechanic, I assume they would make them invisible?

So you basically broke the fourth wall because someone couldn't afford to reincarnate or just to rub something in their face?

Come on.
    Actually, I have never directly brought up a racehat in-character, ever, but I'm not sure it shouldn't be allowed. (I have, however, brought up the racehat issue in OOC clan conversations that were critical of someone's hypocritical roleplay.) I'm not sure that a racehat is beyond the fourth wall. Isn't that what we're discussing here? Anyhow, I wouldn't be tempted to bring it up at all so long as the person who is racehatting isn't also race-baiting. I can only listen to so many lectures on the superiority of orclach, with directed jabs at other races, before I begin thinking, "hrm, this ridiculous orclach is wearing a funny hat and smells faintly of wet aslaran."

Incidentally, I'm not terribly sympathetic to the idea that someone who can afford a racehat can't afford to reincarnate; but I'm also not sure they should have to reincarnate.
  • Pectus said:

Elfen aren't allowed to advance in the guild. Nor in the city.

Is this a thing? I thought it was just a don't go near the 'lith thing.
  • Kalnid said:

Pectus said:

Yeppers. They are supposed to stay serfs, not draw power (They have to get other ways), not go to the megalith. And most guilds won't let them advance past GR1 until they reincarnate. Sometimes they get labelled as pariahs too and have to wear the masks, but that RP isn't as popular.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's been like that since the early days, after the Mag-Seren war.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Pectus said:

Kalnid said:

Pectus said:

Yeppers. They are supposed to stay serfs, not draw power (They have to get other ways), not go to the megalith. And most guilds won't let them advance past GR1 until they reincarnate. Sometimes they get labelled as pariahs too and have to wear the masks, but that RP isn't as popular.
    I mean, I've looked over the laws pretty thoroughly. It's not /written/.
  • Everiine said:

It's been like that since the early days, after the Mag-Seren war.

@Everiine ...yaasss. Elveriiron ship.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Kalnid said:

Pectus said:

The scroll is gone now because we went from having contemptable status to not allowing them entirely. But they were not allowed near the Megalith, weren't allowed to draw power, weren't allowed to wear expensive fabrics or jewellery, were to always remain a serf no matter what, so on and so forth. Permanent scum of the earth.

Kalliste said:

Shaddus said:

Kalliste said:

Come on.
    Actually, I have never directly brought up a racehat in-character, ever, but I'm not sure it shouldn't be allowed. (I have, however, brought up the racehat issue in OOC clan conversations that were critical of someone's hypocritical roleplay.) I'm not sure that a racehat is beyond the fourth wall. Isn't that what we're discussing here? Anyhow, I wouldn't be tempted to bring it up at all so long as the person who is racehatting isn't also race-baiting. I can only listen to so many lectures on the superiority of orclach, with directed jabs at other races, before I begin thinking, "hrm, this ridiculous orclach is wearing a funny hat and smells faintly of wet aslaran."

Incidentally, I'm not terribly sympathetic to the idea that someone who can afford a racehat can't afford to reincarnate; but I'm also not sure they should have to reincarnate.
    So icly you knew for a fact that this person was an aslaran and didn't at some point reincarnate into an orclach, and you used this knowledge to icly think they smelled like aslaran?

All I'm saying is that if we're gonna start dominating people to take off their race hats, Thoros is technically a merian.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lavinya said:

Kalnid said:

Pectus said:

The scroll is gone now because we went from having contemptable status to not allowing them entirely. But they were not allowed near the Megalith, weren't allowed to draw power, weren't allowed to wear expensive fabrics or jewellery, were to always remain a serf no matter what, so on and so forth. Permanent scum of the earth.
    That sounds hella fun to RP, to be honest.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    What's next, Isunites called out on their stoles because they aren't "really" weeping angels? People get called out on their hair and beard curios?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    But, don't we KNOW that curios are a thing added on? That's how I've always understood it. "Oh, that's not their hair. It's a curio."
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.  Tark already has a glorious red mane.  The hair curio just emphasizes it.
This discussion has been closed.