Dirty player secrets

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Clamps. Plenty of clamps.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm not very good at maintaining the elfen elitism Qistrel is supposed to have. Cause I'm South African, and her racism makes me uncomfortable.

I guess that makes her a bit capricious with regards to how she treats races like furrikin.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I guess it's not really a secret, but Tremula is actually one of the nicest people you'll find in Magagora, if you can get past her initial snobbery. She ends up being kind of motherly and caring, just a tad bit protective, too. I just have (or so I've been told) a bitchy writing style in game, and it leaves people thinking that I'm worse than I actually am.

Seeming contradictory to that statement, Tremula is also a huge plotter and schemer, which is why she was originally in Fain's order oh so many years ago. Sticking to her nature, she has backup plans to trip up Esca and Tierce in in the race to be Drocilla's favourite. It wouldn't be Mag RP without the local nobility trying to Game of Thrones it, would it?

Finally, I always get super annoyed when indignant laborers/serfs get uppity and feel like they don't have to listen to people who are Viscount(ess)/Marquis(essa). Maybe that's just because back in my day, you'd get beheaded if you even thought about it.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited December 2014
    You have to actually *be able to kill them* for anyone to give a fuck about your authority in Mag though.

I scan WHO religiously for people to gank see if anyone is in Shallach.
  • I sometimes use song lyrics that I find cool in IC conversations if they fit the conversation.
  • Marcella said:
    seeing those logs *i* would have to move to seren if I was a mugwump i mean jesus

why can't i ever get any remotely positive orclach rp - oh wait there's only like 20 orclach mobs and 17 of them are generic

Sad Bandy
  • I make it a point that all my figurines are of orcs No reason at all O:-)
  • Daraius said:
    Forging with one arm is still a mystery!
    He's a god in a setting where the primary response to telekinesis is "Yes, yes, that's nice. Now knock it off."

I think if He wants a sword to be on the anvil, that sword is on the $#$% anvil, missing arm or no. 'least if it knows what's good for it.

Or clamps, yeah.
  • Everiine said:
    Hmm... maybe a little different, but Ev once took an action that plunged the Basin into total war, nearly destroyed the fae, got him enemied to every group in Serenwilde, and nearly got him kicked out, all because he thought the alternative would be worse.

The truth is, I, the player, forgot I wasn't supposed to do what I did... :(
    Did you brand maeve?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Did you brand maeve?
    That's actually exactly right. He was integrally involved.

Somehow (it's hard to wring the details out of him) it pushed Everiine away from Moon, too, and that's been all kinds of fun conflict for all kinds of people. :)

Poke Everiine about Mother Moon. I F-ing dare you. It's good fun, if you survive the experience. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited January 2015
    Hey! Ev didn't brand Maeve... his teeny tiny little action, just led to a sh*tstorm of badness, and THAT ended up branding Maeve.

EDIT: And why do you think Ev would blow up at the mention of Mother Moon? He's married to a Moondancer...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Hey! Ev didn't brand Maeve... his teeny tiny little action, just led to a sh*tstorm of badness, and THAT ended up branding Maeve.

EDIT: And why do you think Ev would blow up at the mention of Mother Moon? He's married to a Moondancer...
    Close enough to it's E's fault, by Forestal standards. ;)

And idk, I guess it's an exaggeration, but any time my priestess has dared approach you, your character has been super hostile about our Spirit. I just thought that was your character thing.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Riluna said:

And idk, I guess it's an exaggeration, but any time my priestess has dared approach you, your character has been super hostile about our Spirit. I just thought that was your character thing.
    Yep, hence his execution after being an enemy to nearly everything in the Serenwilde.

Hmm, I don't remember being hostile specifically about Moon (but my memory sucks). There are certainly issues he has, though, that may account for some of that hostility ;) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Riluna said:

Yep, hence his execution after being an enemy to nearly everything in the Serenwilde.

Hmm, I don't remember being hostile specifically about Moon (but my memory sucks). There are certainly issues he has, though, that may account for some of that hostility ;) .
    Well, if that's the case, there might be one or two rumours I now regret.

• Half the reason Syridean left Celest was that I was talked into taking on Celestian politics via the Cantors, by then-current Cantor leadership. 

I was not suited for it, I was not ready for it, and I could not handle that fact at the time. Plus I got too attached to melding from being an Aqua for essentially forever, but didn't want to be Celestian in a place that I was convinced was being run into the ground by nepotism and incompetence, and nowadays He's mostly staying in Hartstone because it would cost a lot of credits/lessons to orghop back to a mage guild, and Syri's only active in-game friend(s) are in Mag. Plus I have an alt in all three non-Geomancer mage guilds. >.>
  • I actually strongly dislike paperwork. I'll do it when I have to, but in general, I prefer the kind of paperwork my character does to the kind of paperwork I have to do myself. It's a lot more fun.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Ileein said:
    I actually strongly dislike paperwork. I'll do it when I have to, but in general, I prefer the kind of paperwork my character does to the kind of paperwork I have to do myself. It's a lot more fun.
    I cannot agree with this hard enough.  I'm convinced some degrees of bureaucracies can convert the average person into a frothing psychopath.  I'm honestly surprised there are not more homicides then there currently are in certain fields. God I could go ON.  
  • Xeria is about as cheerful as I am grumpy. 
    Riluna said:

Tylwyth said:
    Did you brand maeve?
    That's actually exactly right. He was integrally involved.

Somehow (it's hard to wring the details out of him) it pushed Everiine away from Moon, too, and that's been all kinds of fun conflict for all kinds of people. :)

Poke Everiine about Mother Moon. I F-ing dare you. It's good fun, if you survive the experience. :)
    If you ask nicely enough, the shofangi have a copy of that story in their library. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited January 2015
    I adapt a lot of stuff for Ventidius from obscure books with good ideas I like. There's not a lot of originality with him except with how I combine them all to create Ventidius.

But I get a lot of inspiration. The Enginseer is a title given to me by @Nilofer, i haven't actually played Warhammer 4000, so the cyborg stuff I'm winging.
  • Sometimes I play when I'm sobre.  Sometimes.
    </RANT>
  • edited January 2015
    One of the only reasons that I, the player, have never had a serious Magnagoran alt is the perception I got in my true newbie days of the city as a ruthless place full of greefers and jerks. Part of that was when my little level 30-something alt got jumped on the way up Avechna with a load of pilgrims by Ethelon and the response I got when I vented about it on the forums. (Essentially: You were an enemy of Mag, deal with it.)
    I realize that the perception probably isn't true, and it's probably not a bad city to be in, but I just never felt comfortable there. I've had at least three alts start there and end up elsewhere (including the youngling in question, who went to New Celest, thus the enemy status.), but it never really clicked. 
  • You'd be aurprised @Aerotan at how opposite things really are. Right now, all the griefers are in the north. We are quite ruthless. It is a similar reason why i am not ever planning on a celest alt. seems too boring.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ventidius said:
    You'd be aurprised @Aerotan at how opposite things really are. Right now, all the griefers are in the north. We are quite ruthless. It is a similar reason why i am not ever planning on a celest alt. seems too boring.
    You what? Who are all these griefers in the north? o.O

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited January 2015
    you knwo what I made a list but it isn't worth it
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Come on, I want to see who makes this list.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I heard @Kelly griefed an astral bash the other day. 

She's totally a griefer

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    You wound me.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    /fingers crossed
    If I don't make the list, my life in Lusternia is over.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"