Dirty player secrets

Comments

• Riluna said:
    It almost seems like half of everyone who has ever sent me a message is offended somehow by how I play.

Riluna is an outlet for me. She can do a lot of things I can't in real life. Ril can be a sweetheart, but she can also be a condescending bitch. I get that people don't like that so much, sometimes.

It's actually very intentional. As much of a sweetheart as she can be, Riluna is also far more evil than I pray I ever will be in real life. If I've been a bitch to you, it's because I was comfortable enough with you as a player to do so. If she has ever dared show her true disdain, you are actually especially liked by me as a player.

Please don't take it personal! It feels kind of weird sometimes being a "shadow" character when most people seem to perceive our org as "Good".

Besides, even if half of what you're accusing me of is true, if I've angered you that much, I promise it isn't half of it is what I've actually done.
    Well said. It's exactly like this for a lot of people, I think, Altrea is my outlet. With her, I have some semblance of power over my life. I'm allowed to plot or be flippant or aggressive if I feel the need to be when I'm playing Altrea. I can afford to plot or say what I mean as her, which I can't do in real life for the most part due to the nature of the work I do (which requires me to be sycophantic and agreeable when possible almost to a fault). Or sometimes just plain be weird.

I try not to be a dick, but sometimes it does happen, and I'll even piss people off sometimes while actively trying not to be a dick. I hope people realise it's a character, but I worry sometimes that people think I actually hate them if I get bitchy in character, and I don't. And I just want to say to everybody, if I am taking it too far, just make that clear and I'll tone it down or stop. It's admittedly a bit harder for me to see that line with IC stuff, but I will try, and you are free to send me an OOC tell to back off if I'm just being oblivious, which admittedly happens and I would apologize for.

As for secrets of my own... Iunno. I'll post if I actually come up with one, but nothing's really a secret for me that I can think of. Most things about how I play or my motivations as a player have been discussed in detail with one person or another.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    We think you're doing just fine ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Qistrel loves Riluna.

• I might end up taking Kurut to Magnagora instead of Serenwilde because I don't think I, as a player, can handle waiting 3 RL days with no guild skills and rogue RP. :(
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • @Kurut noooo! go to the forest.

(Or come2Hallifax. We like bears that read and make yummy food)

If you want Rpees, look me up! 
    is dead like the dodo
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Obviously, Kurut, you should come2glom.  And join your bear brethren.

Oh, dang, wait, you're a wumpymug now.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Kurut said:
    I might end up taking Kurut to Magnagora instead of Serenwilde because I don't think I, as a player, can handle waiting 3 RL days with no guild skills and rogue RP. :(
    If I'm online, you can poke me for RP? It might be uncomfortable at times, but I can definitely wear you out RP-wise if you give me a chance.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I enjoy killing people who send me angsty tells or annoying people on the forums on an OOC level. It even makes me more likely to target them.
  • Okay... amazing RP with Bandrui Fyrgenwig has solidified my choice. Absolutely -have- to live in Seren now. The mugwump ties there... so good. I'm all giddy
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Bandrui is @#$% awesome as hell.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2014
    seeing those logs *i* would have to move to seren if I was a mugwump i mean jesus

why can't i ever get any remotely positive orclach rp - oh wait there's only like 20 orclach mobs and 17 of them are generic
  • Oh, I have another one, somewhat in the same vein as Riluna. I made a BT alt a long time ago and he was one of the most crass, abrasive buggers around, but I tried to counteract his unattractive appearance and demeanour by being an active defender (this was during the time of nightly Caerlyr raids on EthGlom).

Eventually I got CDF'd for his (apparent) flippant-ness and it completely killed my interest in playing him.

• Another dirty secret of mine is that I will never change race on my characters, since I feel that a strong racial pride is important. Unfortunately things get difficult when there's very little to go off of for racial RP. :(
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Changes to tie stats more closely to class instead of race (though race will still presumably have  a big impact there) should help some with racial RP, as  choice of race will hopefully be less mechanically bound!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    All hail our lord and savior.

Racehats.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    I resisted joining Elostian's order, despite his apparent interest in my character, because I felt like there would be a strong expectation for scholarship and writing, and I just wasn't up for that kind of pressure, especially against the likes of Nihmriel, Ileein, and Saaga. And having been a refugee from an Achaean leadership position that ended pretty badly, I didn't want to feel obligated to do anything, or to have anyone expecting things of me. So that resistance, plus (what I consider to be) plenty of IC justification crystalized into Dar's agnosticism. It's cost me a lot of the wonderful RP peeps rave about all the time, but in exchange my ultra conformist statesman gets to have this one streak of radical dismissiveness of all things divine. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Xeltha said:
    Another dirty secret of mine is that I will never change race on my characters, since I feel that a strong racial pride is important. Unfortunately things get difficult when there's very little to go off of for racial RP. :(
    Me too, except it's like a categorical imperative that, in a world where I'm allowed to play as a dog man, I must play as a dog man. 
    I used to make cakes.

• Enyalida said:
    Changes to tie stats more closely to class instead of race (though race will still presumably have  a big impact there) should help some with racial RP, as  choice of race will hopefully be less mechanically bound!
    I have this but for race -and- org. I am secretly curious though of how other characters deal with this and am glad whenever it comes up in roleplay. I just have difficulty with the concept of races being something else than what you are born into and how one changes that at will. My characters are all org-loyal to a heavy extend as well, I could for example never imagine Rialorm anywhere but Glomdoring after how she keeps harping about how the Wyrd is the greatest thing ever and everything that isn't touched by it is totally lesser. She'd need to become seriously disillusioned about that somehow and I don't see that happen ... nor do I want it to happen, really, I like Glom too much :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Lavinya said:
    As far as I'm concerned, Lavinya doesn't have a race hat, she is viscanti. If I could completely hide it from her description (without the lolwasteofcreditsglamrock) I would. She doesn't change race from an IC perspective. It's the only way I could be comfortable with having a cameo and being a decent playable race without affecting my rp. It's not elegant, (and I rebelled against it for a long time because you should be able to have good stats and still have your racial rp!) but it does the trick. If anyone were to mention the hat in game Lavy will look at them like they've lost their marbles.
    I made some RP out of the fact Ria can't fly anymore, which I then kinda regretted, but ended up being able to wrangle into a perfectly plausible and mildly interesting bit of roleplay. In short, there is too much Orclach heritage in her to the point her wings are unable to carry her because her bone mass is heavier than the average faeling. She's content to use a flying mount to make up for it. Maybe someday I'll get her the wings arti and then she'll be magically cured (I'd have them customized to look like her wings). I still think it is just too bad we don't have stat packs, but I suppose race hats are better than nothing.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Shuyin said:
    I enjoy killing people who send me angsty tells or annoying people on the forums on an OOC level. It even makes me more likely to target them.
    I've actually had some fun with your arrogant bullshit sometimes. I love when you shoot me an "oh no!" tell because I'm the only one who thinks of your ribbachi.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited December 2014
    Riluna said:
    Shuyin said:
    I've actually had some fun with your arrogant bullshit sometimes. I love when you shoot me an "oh no!" tell because I'm the only one who thinks of your ribbachi.
    EDIT: I actually seriously, genuinely miss your tells from a couple years ago, where you try to provoke me in Faethorn when I was a total non-com. Viynain is the one who irritates me on an OOC level.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Ah man, I try not to send tells unless it's to reply back. Take it with a grain of salt.

I do arrogant yells now.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Isune said:
    Lisaera said:
    I use Lisaera's three aspects to my full advantage. Her versatility means that I'll never be stuck with just one note. As long as I maintain a solid thread (i.e. she will always be extremely motherly for her people, quick to wrath, and curious to a fault), I can be as free-spirited as a young girl at the first Woodstock or as matronly as the Dowager Countess at tea time, depending solely on my mood. 

It also means that while you'll likely get the same answer each time you ask a question (I'm a stickler for fact), how she answers you will change dramatically. 

My dirty player secret is that I intentionally have tried to infect Isune's good-girl persona with a dash of elitist snark*. Even Nice Gods should have personality flaws, and proper artistic snobbery is just good Hallifaxian fun!

...The creation of the "nails" emote may or may not have been involved. Ahem.

*I often worry that when I need Isune to be a more aggressive personality, it's assumed as OOC for Her, and Her thoughts and actions are attributed to me (the player) instead. Mostly those worries come from playing a Divine character that has already had an established and complicated history, as well as a reputation for being passive and sweet. It's my hope that my version of Isune has been consistent and aware of Her fraught character history while allowing Her a wide range of emotions to roleplay through.
    Thanks for making that emote. :> 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited December 2014
    EDIT: Oops, wrong thread!
    Forging with one arm is still a mystery!
    I used to make cakes.