General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Knowing how often Celina has messed up her own computer, I'm surprised she's 'discount IT' in the first place. Miracle that place is still running.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Zeleni said:
    I have health and dental insurance through the marketplace.  I paid for dental all year and never used it, so I want to cancel it WITHOUT cancelling my health.  So I called, got transferred 3 times before I ended up with a girl who said that I don't have dental on my health plan and I said correct, I pay for them separately, so when she searched, she said she couldn't find my dental anywhere.  She wasn't happy when I asked for her name and number - I guess she thought I'd call her back.  Nope!  When I start getting shit on for not cancelling this, guess whose name I'm pointing at for screwing up!  So frustrating.
    You should use it! Cleanings are usually free, at least, and it wouldn't hurt to get some x-rays done if you haven't had any in a while. At worse case if you need repairs and can't afford them via your insurance you'll be aware of the trouble spots and can try contacting your local health department about getting them repaired (depending on your nationality and location. This is coming from a US resident).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Synkarin said:
    Knowing how often Celina has messed up her own computer, I'm surprised she's 'discount IT' in the first place. Miracle that place is still running.
    EXXXCUSE ME.

Okay, valid. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Dear Grandmother,

If you're gonna get sick enough that you need to hire assisted living aides, maybe you should try not to offend them so badly that they quit. You're going to run out of agencies soon.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Working on mainframe computers is about as interesting as it sounds. Dagnabbit, I want a new job!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've had a hernia for about five years or more, and it needs an operation. I can't afford it, because while I do have insurance, I'm the sole source of income in my six person family and can't afford to be off work for a month or two for recovery.

My job makes me climb up and down off a forklift several times an hour for 58-68 hours a week, as well as occasionally lifting or shifting heavy objects. This doesn't help hernia one bit :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    More affordable now than being forced off work for an emergency room visit. 

• I AM GENERALLY DISSATISFIED BLARGLEHARGLEBOOP
    I was contacted by another bank to run my same territory but for them. It's 20k more a year, salaried rather than commission, and I would work from home. I feel like there's a catch, but I don't know what it is. Do you ever feel like something was too easy? I am having that feeling. 
  • It's a pyramid scheme. They'll lure you in, then have you repossess elderly widows' jewelry 
    Celina said:
    I was contacted by another bank to run my same territory but for them. It's 20k more a year, salaried rather than commission, and I would work from home. I feel like there's a catch, but I don't know what it is. Do you ever feel like something was too easy? I am having that feeling. 

Doesn't hurt to interview, you can always say no

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    You kidding me? There were naked girls. For free! I mean, who's heard of such a thing?!
  • Celina said:

Interview and see what they finally offer in their offer letter. Make sure you've got the discipline to work from home. Feeling like something was too easy can be off-setting, but ask yourself: are you worth it? Most of the time the feeling of something being too easy, at least in my life, is just your hard work paying off. Carpe noctem!

• ASKDLF!!! my dog has a serious case of ticks. CLUMPS of them everywhere and literally up her wazoo.

the doc says to apply medicine and to let them fall off by themselves but that's not happening. if i pick them off, sometimes their mouth parts get stuck in the dog, even though they're dead.

solutions anyone?
    is dead like the dodo
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited November 2015
    NEVER pick off ticks, for exactly that reason.  If you pick them off, bits stay stuck behind and they can cause infections.

Edit: At least, not normal-picking-off.  There are various websites around that offer some advice, but it all cautions being very careful because you don't want to leave tick-bits on the skin.  As an example:  http://www.tickencounter.org/prevention/tick_removal and http://www.cdc.gov/ticks/removing_a_tick.html .
  • Krackenor said:
    It's a pyramid scheme. They'll lure you in, then have you repossess elderly widows' jewelry 
    Hmm, that worked well for Voldemort, perhaps Celina could use it to harvest Horcrux's..
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Honestly, best answer is to use tweezers, get as close to the head as you can, and pull them out.

All the other things like flame and vaseline etc don't really work.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited November 2015
    so far i've tried lemon juice, baking soda paste with lemon juice.

lemon juice works IF the ticks are very small and not engorged and only with a very light infestation. i.e one or two. baking soda is a load of phooey, as is vaseline. might try vinegar next!

i've given my dog a flea dip, scrubbed out her living area, and used a tick shampoo. she's on frontline + a tick spray. (chemical warfare)

STUPID THINGS AREN'T FALLING OFF.

the only thing i've found that works to prevent a reinfestation is to clean the living area with a high pressure hose unit after treating it with pesticide for ticks. you kill the ticks and then remove the solution to prevent your dog getting poisoned. it took a year and a half before it came back, with nothing done inbetween. except mine's broken/not working. :S
    is dead like the dodo
  • Have you tried a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol, dabbed over the tick? I seem to remember that being a way to make them let go, if you don't overdo the amount of alcohol.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • @Tridemon nope, i don't have any or keep it in the house.

kerosine or turpentine yes, but it burns the dog's skin, without doing much to the ticks.
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited November 2015

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • @Orventa has it worked on your pets?
    is dead like the dodo
  • My cats are indoor, so no ticks for us. But my friend's cat had a flea problem last summer, and he mentioned it to me as being effective. Spot treatments I think. Washed off so no licking.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • It has been a really bad year for ticks.

You guys need to Advantix or Frontline. It's expensive, but it keeps your pets safe.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • she is on frontline.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Had you dosed her before she got the ticks? I'm surprised she got them. I use Advantix for my cat and I've had no issues. I don't really have any advice, I've just had very good results with the monthly preventative treatment.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • yes. more or less.
    is dead like the dodo
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Celina said:
    Interview with them for sure. Even if you aren't planning on taking it you can try to use it as a bargaining chip with your current employer for a raise.

The most obvious catch is that generally that salaried employees tend to work more than 40 hour weeks. It varies by companies and industries but it can end up being quite a bit more.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    It definitely depends on the salaried

I'm salaried now and I love it. I do tend to work over 40 hours a week in general, but I don't feel guilty at all if I need to leave early one day or sleep in and come in late. If I need a half day for whatever reason, I just take it. It lets me save my PTO for bigger vacations as well.

My first job out of college was salaried as well, but if I worked less than 40 hours a week, they'd only pay me hourly. That job sucked though and I left after a year.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Alright... for the last 45 minutes, my floors started to shake increasingly, leading to vibrating furniture, dangling glassware and other similar dissonance, including felt motion sickness for me. Plus a sound that reminds me of a helicopter. When I stepped out right now, I discovered a rather big white 'thing' (truck of some kind) with several people blocking the road left and right. The sound it produces is, noise-wise around the sound of 100 trains simultaniously travelling through your living room. So, whatever you are, 'thing', please move on, thank you. I love my glassware and my glass table. Shoo.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.