Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yep, it's just a bunch of things that added up and broke the camel's back.

If Glom had been more relevant as a force, then maybe the other orgs wouldn't have done whatever they wanted, etc.

But whatever, nothing makes me want to play Lusternia more than losing. I'm game.

Wtb more fighters though, hmu. We got dental.
  • Shuyin said:

Yep, it's just a bunch of things that added up and broke the camel's back.

If Glom had been more relevant as a force, then maybe the other orgs wouldn't have done whatever they wanted, etc.

But whatever, nothing makes me want to play Lusternia more than losing. I'm game.

Willing to handhold it for a while? Like, stance/parry, cure priorities and pretty much any other system prep thing one needs.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Yep. I always try to respond to requests for help. Just let me know.
  • Likewise. Nothing drives participation up like being an underdog, so now would be a good time for anyone interested in learning combat to reach out, really.

We're plenty invested in empowering people who want to learn, and we have a sweet 401k plan.
  • edited March 2015
    Rheatsis said:

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "Would anyone care for a copy of the Keeping Stone? It is the first 
    edition of a pamphlet by the Sacred Grove."

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "It even has a year-in-review as well as a wondrous trance-cast by our own 
    Rheatsis."

That moment when staying up til 4 AM in a panic to finish something, being immensely anal-retentive over it, and praying to every god of every pantheon to ever exist after a 12 hour shift, hoping it isn't mortifying and awful finally feels worth it.

You did a wonderful job, of which I am immensely proud. I know very few people contribute to Serenwilde's culture. And I hope this isn't the last submission from you. Take some time, -don't stay up that late- and make something else! Thank you, so much @Rheatsis.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shuyin said:

What? Since when do we have dental?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2015
    Lavinya said:

Raves for Vadi's phone app, because I just woke up this morning to realise I'd left omniscience on all night and my cult essence was draining draining away. Saved in time!

Wait do you like literally never log out? :-O

(or is that something that persists through logout?)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:

Shuyin said:

What? Since when do we have dental?
    Since Crumkane moved in and everyone got cavities due to candy overdose.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    They're not supposed to know we don't actually have dental until they've already joined and have nothing else except for us.

Shhh.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Daraius said:

Lavinya said:

Raves for Vadi's phone app, because I just woke up this morning to realise I'd left omniscience on all night and my cult essence was draining draining away. Saved in time!

Wait do you like literally never log out? :-O

(or is that something that persists through logout?)
    @Daraius Thanks to the new ok to afk in manse rules I very rarely if ever log out.

• Lavinya said:

The entire council united to not go ahead and declare war with Glom at this time. And you know what? It wasn't my idea. So you might want to point those fingers of blame elsewhere!

You're right, I was the one who brought up the whole issue about Glom and and got us all talking because Mag really didn't need a war going on right now. Sometimes it is better to be the better man  and I'd talked to @Ssaliss beforehand and told him that what @Marcella had said was not a council decision but he didn't believe me. Not be a liar, I made good on my word and had a Council decision made up pretty quickly.

since this is rave, raves for @Lavinya for actually writing that statement for Glom, she did a good job ^^
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Only time I'm logged out is when my connection derps or I need to restart my laptop or mudlet.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    @Lavinya said: We offered (and did) help Xenthos win Ascendance.

I'm pretty sure that Mag did not help Xenthos because Ixion was competing. In fact, I ended up bowing out towards the end and gave Xenthos the staff to win it. Maybe you're talking about Sidd's Ascension?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Kaimanahi said:

@Lavinya said: We offered (and did) help Xenthos win Ascendance.

I'm pretty sure that Mag did not help Xenthos because Ixion was competing. In fact, I ended up bowing out towards the end and gave Xenthos the staff to win it. Maybe you're talking about Sidd's Ascension?

OH. Yeah it was Sidd, my bad. I just know we had no horses in that race but we actively helped Glom.

• edited March 2015
    Back to raves!

@Eritheyl is pretty cool.

Also! The Doughboy and Muffin Man of Crumkindivia!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Milune said:

Back to raves!

@Eritheyl is pretty cool.

What.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lies and slander!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Everiine said:

Lies and slander!

Essentially, this.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Raves for more talking, plotting muffins. For Doughboy and Muffin Man. And for @Silea

(Log to come)
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • Woo! New kitchens in Gaudiguch! More stuff to make contests for! ... Do we have a trademaster for our artisan cartel? Oh well, I'll figure it out. Woo!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    :x @Rheatsis!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2015

Ah, memories of those off-peak raids splashing helplessly along with a couple of Glom folks who were nublets THEN. *sigh*  Those events also saw the formation of Team Glomffpeak and bound us rather tightly. I will NEVER forget how everyone's motto was WILL TO LIVE(grilled into our psyche deeply by our 'elders' @Shuyin, @Viynain, @Celina, @Krellan, @Talan, @Xenthos, @Synkarin, @Ragniliff, @Nienla etc who also taught us stuff slowly but surely.), which still applies today. Raves for realizing that I/we've come a long way.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Siam said:

Ah, memories of those off-peak raids splashing helplessly along with a couple of Glom folks who were nublets THEN. *sigh*  Those events also saw the formation of Team Glomffpeak and bound us rather tightly. I will NEVER forget how everyone's motto was WILL TO LIVE(grilled into our psyche deeply by our 'elders' Shuyin, Viynain, Celina, Krellan, Talan, Xenthos,etc who also taught us stuff slowly but surely.), which still applies today. Raves for realizing that I/we've come a long way.

Oh god, Talan still uses WILL TO LIVE when she leads astral hunts. That's a golden piece of history right there.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Maligorn said:

Siam said:

Ah, memories of those off-peak raids splashing helplessly along with a couple of Glom folks who were nublets THEN. *sigh*  Those events also saw the formation of Team Glomffpeak and bound us rather tightly. I will NEVER forget how everyone's motto was WILL TO LIVE(grilled into our psyche deeply by our 'elders' Shuyin, Viynain, Celina, Krellan, Talan, Xenthos,etc who also taught us stuff slowly but surely.), which still applies today. Raves for realizing that I/we've come a long way.

Oh god, Talan still uses WILL TO LIVE when she leads astral hunts. That's a golden piece of history right there.
    Maligorn said:

Siam said:

Guess what phrase came up when we were closing up the Waste Facility and certain people were getting their skin bruised?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Maligorn said:

Siam said:

The Shadowdancer combat clan even has CLHELP WILLTOLIVE. That's how much we love/live that motto.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    If you want to enjoy those wonderful memories again, you can always join Magnagora and attempt to stop the offpeak raids that is going on five years now.

It must really suck to log on sometime between 8am-12pm eastern time while in Magnagora. All you'd here is constant raiding on Nil, have no one around to help you (because, why would someone log in when every fucking day there is a raid on Nil, and it's not just a "raid." It's a kill all mobs, multiple hours, over and over, even if no one shows up. Just last week, they cleared Nil every hour on the hour for 4 hours straight. WTF does that accomplish?).

I know I don't even bother checking Lusty anymore in the morning, it's always the same thing. Why don't you try raiding when there is actually someone around to fight you or cares to fight you? I don't understand how people find killing loyal mobs fun when no one shows up. I slightly understood bashing large Godrealms when they dropped gold, but now? There is absolutely no fucking point to do it besides satisfying some internet bloodlust or e-ego, which almost never happens except for killing the unfortunate midbie who shows up. If you want a fight, don't raid Magnagora at 8am to 12 pm eastern timezone. No one cares anymore at that time, you've proven you can offpeak raid for the 5 years I've been back. Try something new, please.

And to think, I get called a griefer, asshole, heartless bastard, countless other names or hated on for calling out Celest for encouraging/supporting this type of behavior (see tweets from a week ago). If Munsia did this, she would be shrubbed. But since it's Celest doing it to Magnagora, it seems ok from my perception. (And yes, Munsia has been OOC punished for raids, and yes, I've stopped raiding after having asked to stop. I get laughed at when I attempt to ask the same).

You can call me a hypocrite or a liar, but no one in the past five years has done this to Celest. No one in the past five years has used a FREE PK EVENT to raid a prime city. No one in the past five years has raided Celestia for five hours straight. No one in the past five years has griefed any organization as bad as what has been done to Magnagora in recent times. 

But it's all ok because we are tainted and not real people!

My rave: holding onto that moral high ground for five years straight.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    We really need a lol button for these forums.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited March 2015
    To my knowledge, nobody in a long time has dominated to touch throne to kill someone either.....
    And also, I fell that raiding Celestia when generally it's(at times I don't stay up until 4 AM) only Faragan is around, even if it is just one person raiding, is not far off what has been done to Mag.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

Silvanus has my vote for comedian of the year. My sides!

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
This discussion has been closed.