Absence Thread

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mysrai said:

Taking a small break from Lusternia, about a week or so. Need to take care of some stuff in real life. Will be checking messages and such in the interim.

I just now saw this. How many cakes have decayed in your fulcrux by now?!?!?!?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited January 2019
    -
  • Real life has decided to rear it's ugly head at all the wrong, and entirely unhelpful things. I won't be about too much over the next week or so. (Except to pop in here and there to check in on stuff.)
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • Six months ago I announced my resignation from playing Lusternia. I wasn't sure if I was coming back, if ever.

Now I'm coming back to play casually, with the understanding that I am trying to find work (probably have a full time summer job), play WoW and raid 3 times a week, have applied for college and have so much other stuff going on in my life including dealing with a relapse in my mental illness treatment. 

It's been a rough month or two, but I miss you guys.
  • On short, much needed holidays. Took mom with me, she slipped and broke her wrist on a sneakily-icy mountain trail, cast for 6 weeks. Hell is paved with good intentions huh? Upside: saved by ridiculously hot mountain search and rescue guys. Still gone for a few more days but then will finally be back properly. 
  • edited February 2015
    Hope you have enjoyed the majority of  your vacation despite the accident and also hoping your mom heals quickly!
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited February 2015
    At the last minute, my work resolved itself. Without me having to hammer it down. I guess I'll be hanging around. NEVERMIND.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • edited February 2015
    Leaving due to drama. Probably not coming back. Later, Lusternia.

To clarify, I have way more going on IRL than I can deal with already, and I generally play Lusternia in an attempt to relax. When people bring me into their goddamn circuses the moment I log in, it really makes me not want to touch the game with a ten foot pole.

Anyway, bye.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited February 2015
    :-h

On a serious note, shame to lose a player and see you go. If you're interested in a lack of drama, pretty sure the Nekotai are hiring.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    I'm going to be gone from Thursday night until Sunday or Monday. I'm flying back to my home state for my Grandfather's memorial service. 

That said, if anyone is in Houston, I'll probably have at least one day free, minimeet!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Not that I've been a paragon of activity, but my mostly estranged father is going to be staying with me for a week. If I do log in, and am short or otherwise unpleasant, I apologize now. Lot of baggage with him that rears up when I have to see him, despite forgiving him for it years ago, and it makes me an unpleasant person.
  • I'm heading home to visit family tomorrow, so. I'll be scarce for a couple of weeks. 
  • Addendum to my last absence thread: Still burnt out, but I've got my full time and another fairly large contracting job to do over the next few months, and most of my free time will likely be taken up DMing a D&D campaign, so I'll likely only be around 10-30 minutes a day (and I'll usually be completely knackered even then) until... I'm not even going to bother giving a timeframe at this point, since anything I could reasonably give would likely be near the end of summer (northern hemisphere). I'll be around, I'll answer messages, but don't expect me to be putting in the ~6hrs/day I have been since 2/2014 up until January.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Drocilla said:

On short, much needed holidays. Took mom with me, she slipped and broke her wrist on a sneakily-icy mountain trail, cast for 6 weeks. Hell is paved with good intentions huh? Upside: saved by ridiculously hot mountain search and rescue guys. Still gone for a few more days but then will finally be back properly. 

*perfume intensifies*
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm on a forum hiatus for the most part. Trying to use my time for other things, which include actually play the game rather than forum warrior when I feel like doing Lusternia stuff. Am keeping an eye on the curio exchange thread though.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2015
    Wrong place
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm mostly back, though I have to catch up on various RL things still.
  • edited March 2015
    I will be gone from this coming Sunday through the following Thursday.  I will check messages, but otherwise won't have any access/time.  Enjoy your pun-free week, librarians of the Basin.
  • edited March 2015
    I will be spotty in my presence on Arien due to my grandmother being in and out of the hospital with a possible cracked rib and other ailments. A lot of stuff is going on where I need to help out the family, and kind of keep things on the low down, stress-wise. Please be advised if you must reach me, you can inbox me here.

@Niina @Everiine @Lisaera
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • I'm out for a bit.
    The playa you love to hate
  • edited March 2015
    Hope things get better @Arien will catch up to you at a later date on things between us.

I will be gone for a few days. I hope to have some new jokes for my little loves in the realms on my return.

Until then:

A depressed frog visits a fortune teller

Hoping for good news he goes to meet with a fortune teller.

The fortune teller closes her eyes, makes some strange sounds, and
    finally says, "You will meet a beautiful young girl that will want to
    know everything about you"

The frog gets excited and says, "Wow! When will I meet her? At a party?"

"No," replied the fortune teller, "in her biology class."

~Fin

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • My presence has been spotty at best for the last few weeks and will continue to be so until we get another worker at my job and they're properly trained. ~3ish months from now, urghl.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well, then, I'll be gone for a day or three. Maybe more. Who knows? If you're named @Drocilla, you can message me if you need something and I'll pop on to help. Anyone else can message me, and I'll read it.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited March 2015
    As some might've noticed, I'm not completely AWOL but I'm pretty scarce these days. There's a pretty big campaign going on at work, so there's lots to do, and little time to do it. I generally manage to squeeze some time in to check messages between coming home, making food for tomorrow and hitting the bed, but yeah. Message if you need anything, because it's relatively unlikely that I'll have much time for an e-face-to-e-face chat.

EDIT: The campaign will run for another week or so, so that's the timeframe I'm looking at right now. Hopefully I'll be more active over easter, but odds are I'll be at my parents then, so we'll have to see exactly how much more active I can be.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    MSG Ssaliss I need some CL TLC from you.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I place @Celina in charge of the Tough Love Committee for now.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ssaliss said:

I place @Celina in charge of the Tough Love Committee for now.

• Celina said:

Ssaliss said:

I place @Celina in charge of the Tough Love Committee for now.

In an itty-bitty Ruler of Night?

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Time to compete with Wyrden Blessings(not). :D
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback