QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited February 2015
    After that public post from Sub I have to say that I, as a player, am now tempted to sling dirt and muck at his reputation.

I mean, there's all those platters and such, just sitting there in his shop, waiting to be poisoned and dirigibled out...

However, I lack the IC reason to really go for it.  Not Tark's kind of thing.  But I sleep easy at night knowing that in my heart of hearts, I can be an evil bastard.
  • >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #468 ]--------------------------<
    Entered by: Estarra the Eternal Date: 2015-02-01 20:49:35

o Illithoid worms do not drop on begging (please bug if one does)
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<
    My research!
  • Eritheyl said:

Some possible male furrikin names:
     30. Wired 
    A furrikin who loves coffee no doubt.
  • I'm pretty sure when furrikin are given coffee, it pushes them so far past wired that they actually approach zen calm from the other direction, similar to Fry from Futurama after his, what was it, 300th cup of coffee?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tarkenton said:

After that public post from Sub I have to say that I, as a player, am now tempted to sling dirt and muck at his reputation.

I mean, there's all those platters and such, just sitting there in his shop, waiting to be poisoned and dirigibled out...

However, I lack the IC reason to really go for it.  Not Tark's kind of thing.  But I sleep easy at night knowing that in my heart of hearts, I can be an evil bastard.
    That would be a dick move and I'd actually hate you as a player for it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tarkenton said:

MOVING ALONG NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS, YESSIRREEE.

19) 2015/02/03 02:40:10 - Zetta: "What is ourrr currrent political stance with the rrrest of the Basin?"

Are you in the Icewynd Zetta, or is that just a new way to roll your 'r's ?  :D
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • edited February 2015
    Don't hate just because I'm a prrretty cat! ;-)

I'm not serious, I was just trying to get that nic epurring sound on my 'r's!
  • I've always disliked that message. Couldn't they think of something more mystically cool? I always see a monkey when I read that.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I always saw it like a really communal pole dancer. And before that, all I could see was this

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Shaddus said:

Tarkenton said:

Hence why I don't.  Again, no real IC reason to do it, and I don't have an OOC reason to piss you off.  Sadly, in Lusternia, much like in League, I don't play to troll.  But maaaaaaan I'd be a good one if I did.
  • You greet a simple house maid with a sincere smile.
    A simple house maid says, "Good day to ye, milord. Always a pleasure to serve."
    A simple house maid curtseys gracefully.

A simple house maid settles down in a corner to sleep.

Trust me to hire lazy maids.
  • (Clan): Marcella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Kelly's gonna let Life drop. Marvelous."

(Clan): Marcella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I want to absolve her so badly."

Hawt.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Ventidius said:

(Clan): Marcella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Kelly's gonna let Life drop. Marvelous."

(Clan): Marcella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I want to absolve her so badly."

Hawt.
    Denied.
  • Idk, @Marcella and @Kelly are both strong, independent women, warrior-esque and warlike, both leaders of their own orgs, both very staunch in what they believe in...

I ship it.

Vivet said:

So I got a present today, and now I wish there was a way to rune paintings or something. But for the sake of sharing -

"painting227534"                        a painting of Lord Zvoltz Buys a Macaron

Wreathed in a crackling nimbus of blazing white light, the awesome figure of Lord Zvoltz, the 
    Architect looms in the foreground of this painting, throwing His surroundings into a dramatic 
    chiaroscuro of sharp shadows and bright clarity. The details of His form wavering and blurring 
    against the emerald walls of a small shop, He stands tall and austere before the viridian gemstone 
    counter with one lambent hand extended to offer a handful of gold sovereigns to the dumbstruck 
    shopkeeper. Tiny blue-white sparks dance along His fingertips and arc across the surface of the 
    coins, which appear dull and lacklustre beside the Lord Architect's incandescently fair skin. His 
    other hand cradles a frilled lace doily holding a ruffled, decadent macaron, half of which has 
    already been devoured, leaving telltale cookie crumbs and traces of buttercream on His lips. A 
    pinprick of jewelled light streams out from the half-eaten macaron, coalescing before Lord Zvoltz 
    into a blue sapphire bird of paradise with its beak open in song. Though His expression remains 
    impassive, a faint twinkle in His pale, prismatic eyes and the slightest curve of His lips betrays a 
    sense of inner satisfaction. Silhouetted behind Him, a group of mortals gape incredulously and 
    hastily bow to the Lord Architect, wide-eyed at the spectacle of an Elder God buying wares from a 
    shop.
    It has 253 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 37 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Archmage Irillia Shevat.
    Drop it in a stockroom.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited February 2015
    The Moonhart Mother Tree.
    There are 14 beeves made into jerky strips here
    You see exits leading north, south, and through a vined stairway.
    Technically, the plural of beef is beeves.
  • Vivet said:

So I got a present today, and now I wish there was a way to rune paintings or something. But for the sake of sharing -

"painting227534"                        a painting of Lord Zvoltz Buys a Macaron

Wreathed in a crackling nimbus of blazing white light, the awesome figure of Lord Zvoltz, the 
    Architect looms in the foreground of this painting, throwing His surroundings into a dramatic 
    chiaroscuro of sharp shadows and bright clarity. The details of His form wavering and blurring 
    against the emerald walls of a small shop, He stands tall and austere before the viridian gemstone 
    counter with one lambent hand extended to offer a handful of gold sovereigns to the dumbstruck 
    shopkeeper. Tiny blue-white sparks dance along His fingertips and arc across the surface of the 
    coins, which appear dull and lacklustre beside the Lord Architect's incandescently fair skin. His 
    other hand cradles a frilled lace doily holding a ruffled, decadent macaron, half of which has 
    already been devoured, leaving telltale cookie crumbs and traces of buttercream on His lips. A 
    pinprick of jewelled light streams out from the half-eaten macaron, coalescing before Lord Zvoltz 
    into a blue sapphire bird of paradise with its beak open in song. Though His expression remains 
    impassive, a faint twinkle in His pale, prismatic eyes and the slightest curve of His lips betrays a 
    sense of inner satisfaction. Silhouetted behind Him, a group of mortals gape incredulously and 
    hastily bow to the Lord Architect, wide-eyed at the spectacle of an Elder God buying wares from a 
    shop.
    there is a rune for a painting... its very cheap.. master sketch seal or or some such. it cost s like 15-25cr off the top of my head. I think it only slows the decay rate down but things lasts a HUGE amount of time.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Paintings may be upkept indefinitly, via the Arts skillset.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arimisia said:

Vivet said:

shop.
    there is a rune for a painting... its very cheap.. master sketch seal or or some such. it cost s like 15-25cr off the top of my head. I think it only slows the decay rate down but things lasts a HUGE amount of time.

That one is for sketches and it makes them non-decay and makes paintings (and other similar skills) painted from that sketch have a higher amount of months. Also makes it so a single sketch is all you need to make a statue/figurine/painting/etc.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I'm somewhat sure you can't make a painting from a sketch.

On a more disappointing note, you can't customise a sketch.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You can make paintings from sketches.

Just use a manse and the landscapes option for custom paintings.