MD/DC/DE Meet in June?

Hiyo, this is short notice, but Turnus is leaving zhe east coast soon. Would anyone in the area be able to meet for a send-off next month?

(My own schedule's clear for June 1st or 2nd, but Turnus may have other dates open. AndI'msorryIdidn'tmakethelastmeetstoseealltheprettyLusternianssadface.)
Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

Comments

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yep. I'm in, kind of obvious based on the last post! Has to be in June for me to go. This is kind of short notice for folks but eh this was very much a spur of the moment idea, and the only date that matched up for us.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I'd be able to attend, depending on day and time.

The last time we had a meet up, we thought it'd be fun to meet at Looney's in CP for a change. College Park is more accessible for all of us, actually. What do you think?
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, if it's College Park then I'd be up for it.

Edit:
    Oops! I don't think I can come on those dates, sorry. :<

Either works for me, I don't know much about what's in DC/MD.

We're looking at either June 1st or 2nd (which isn't too far off, 3 weekish), time and location still TBD.

• I'll let the other local admin know.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I can probably come, and I second the Looney's motion. They make an excellent crabby patty!
  • I'm hesitant to commit. I was excited about the last DC meet but got the weekends mixed up in my head and totally didn't show.

Sior made everyone grief me :((

• But if it is somewhere near a metro stop or bus line I could probably make it. I live in downtown DC so have never really needed my own car.

• Hee!

There's a College Park metro stop and UMD buses to the university campus. UMD bus drivers may check for university ID though. There's other buses that go into town too.

• edited May 2013
    Looneys sounds fine, just not after 9pm on Fri/Sat. It gets crowded and annoying then.

Also Xiran, the 104 College Park Metro  Shuttle-UM bus is not an ID required route, but it does dropoff near route 1. (4 minute walk after that). It's the College Park stop on the Green line.
  • Ixion said: 
    Also Xiran, the 104 College Park Metro  Shuttle-UM bus is not an ID required route, but it does dropoff near route 1. (4 minute walk after that). It's the College Park stop on the Green line.
    Whoops! Good to know.

• Neither of the two other DC/MD admin are likely able to make the meet, but I should be able to. I work either June 1 or June 2 until 5pm -- not sure which one yet.
    Alright! Let's go ahead and put this down for June 1st (saturday) at Looney's.

Any time preference beyond Shikari's maybe after 5, but maybe not?

What's traffic like around college park anyhow?

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I don't have a time preference, but unless there is some crazy event happening on campus (unlikely?), traffic around town should be alright during the summer. I guess sometimes they host other graduations, but late afternoon/evening should probably be fine.
  • edited May 2013
    I checked for campus charters and special events- June 1st I believe will be fine for traffic and such. Dalai Lama visit is over, Michelle Obama visit is tomorrow, commencements and crap will be done by then.

For parking, at night and during summer it's pretty chill on campus. Most people park here for Looney's at night- it's right behind the bar on campus.

Lot XX1.
    http://www.transportation.umd.edu/parking/maps/map_campus.pdf
  • Ixion said:
    Dalai Lama visit is over, Michelle Obama visit is tomorrow, commencements and crap will be done by then. 
    I'm sorry, this sentence. X3 Oh, Maryland.

• Would 6:00pm June 1st be easiest for everybody?

Also identifying each other! I remember Shikari, Llandros, and Ixion from a previous meet. This is probably the least goofy photo of me on the Internet, since covered my face in most of the DC 2011 shots (orz). (London Meet 2012, Left to right: Shiri, Caffrey, Shou/Wuylinfe, Xiran)

• Clearly, someone should bring a sign.

(Kidding kidding.)

Clearly you're kidding, the year should be 355 ACoE.

So the list of people coming for 6 pm, June 1st (Sat) at Looney's is: Xiran, Shikari, Kelly, Llandros, Ixion, and me?

I didn't see any complaints about 6, if we need to change that speak up - it works for me but any time would be good.

• That works for me.
  • I maaay be in attendance! 
  • Sior aside, it looks like one other admin is definitely going and a fourth might go.
  • Oh wow.

Everybody is doing meets now too. We're such trend setters!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ours was first! /derail

• So, sign?
    a) Yes.
    b) No.
    c) Get away from me, I don't know you.

• d) That is a sexy sign.

Anyway, tiiiny chance of me showing up. I wont know for sure until I chicken out or I don't 
    ~:>
  • Show uuup~

• Will be there. Expect me slightly late as I need to finish some things before I make it over!