Contest Rewards

edited August 2020 in Q&A
What are practical or fun rewards for various levels of experience in a contest and where do they rank?  I've been away since before daily credits were introduced, and I heard things like the cookies from ur'traps were minor benefit now? Are the aethergoop-crafted items actually sought out?

Fun is probably better had through the contest activity itself, rather than in the reward, so I'm not too focused on that part of the list. Suggestions are welcome though!

Best reward: God favours

Most versatile: credits, gold, aethergoop? wondercrystal?

Fun:
  • having a fete
  • aethergoop rainbow scarf
Practical:
  • Healing: jewellery enchantments, mana/health/bromide, healing scroll, tinkerer's goldenhorn, curatives
  • Experience Gain: golden tonic, waxlips, silvercookie
  • Buffs: wetfold origami, kirigami (does this not work for aetherhunting?), tailor knots, kiwipunch, mint, licorice, jellybaby, creamchew, goldencookie
  • Esteem Gain: wetfold origami, divinecookie
  • figurines with esteem?
Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

Comments

• Also, can wondercrystals be given away to be used by others, or only a crate containing them?

• As long as they aren't grimy wondercrystals, they can definitely be given as a prize!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Esteem figurines aren't as useful as they once were, mostly they're just karma now? Usually if you're going to get serious about influencing and generating and using esteem you're going to build a wonderbrazier after your wondercronucopia, and that acts as a permanent level 40 figurine with the added ability of granular offerings (I can offer anywhere from 200-2000 esteem depending on how much karma I need).

Hallifax at least has an option for "qualified favors" as a reward. Basically if you do something that earns credits for the city and would normally get you a city favor, we track that favor in a separate project (whether or not you're CR 6), and at the end of the year a portion of the city's activity credits gets divvied out based on the favors earned that year. I ran a pseudo-power-contest a bit ago with them as a reward for the top contributor each weave, which certainly accomplished my goal. If your contest isn't something that benefits your org it might not be an appropriate reward though.

I personally feel like credits are still a viable reward, since unbound credits can be used to trade for curio bits or aethergoop if you still need those things, or sold for gold.

If you know the contest is going to end inside the current promotion, and the promo offers something tangible like crystals or coins, you MIGHT be able to find someone willing to spring for that as a reward (but there are a lot of waffle words in that statement for a reason, proceed with great caution). Otherwise if you can get a God on board, presents are nice.
  • Speaking of curios, completed curios might be a fun reward. Pieces are a bit easier to come by, now, with the CURIOMARKET, plus you can buy packs of pieces through goop from the ASHOP (and goop is plentiful if you aethertrade for them).
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• Mboagn said:
    Speaking of curios, completed curios might be a fun reward. Pieces are a bit easier to come by, now, with the CURIOMARKET, plus you can buy packs of pieces through goop from the ASHOP (and goop is plentiful if you aethertrade for them).
    What curios are in demand these days?

• Genies are nice (they give vitals boost, red for health, blue for mana, yellow for ego). However, they are also a bit harder to come by, because they cannot be gotten via curio packs.

Damage boost and damage resist curios are also good, and they do come in curio packs. Any of the resist curios should be equally in-demand, but the damage boost curios are understandable dependent on class/org. For example, I believe Serenwilde is cold-damage heavy?

There are also the curio sets that act like cubixes. The Vernal curio collection comes to mind as being very nice: it allows you to reach Climanti (Icewynd), Mount Dio, and Lirangsha, all of which are off-continent Prime places. It also reaches the Chancel but that's easily walkable. :)

The Magic Item curios are also good. They are non-decay and they can hold enchantments with 200 charges.

I'm sure there are other curios I haven't mentioned. There are a lot of them!
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)