Pretty Parrot Mafia!

Comments

• For the record, the Roman mafia included a third party arsonist, so I retract the claim that Portius's games don't include a third party.

PS: I have been remiss. Praise be unto the Portius-Wife. I will post a cute bird when I get home from work.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Let the games begin! It is DAY ONE. The day ends at 6PM, EST, on July 4th, or after a vote goes through!

VOTES
    Thax 2-Carakhan, Shaddus
    Zitto 1-Mysrai
    Shaddus 1-Thax
    Carakhan 1-Nelras
    Coraline 1-Zitto
    None 1-Coraline
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • No longer being voted at myself, I will :

UNVOTE

Though I'm not committing myself to the Coraline votes just yet. I don't particularly feel for or against day one lynchings (and the meta maths over it hurt my brain to consider, so I revel in my chaotic ignorance), but I cannot argue the amount of info they can provide us is not worthwhile. Worst comes to, I will support a day one vote just to get another hint at the type of game we have set up. But not quite yet.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Despite my magnificence, two cameras pointed at me once is simply intolerable... there's no WAY they can BOTH catch my good side! To hopefully get at least one of them off of me, I will UNVOTE for now
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    After looking through the thread again with more wakeful eyes, Nelras has a point that we aren't really going to be able to assume a vanilla 3-7 split from a Porius('s wife) game. Assuming we can afford mislynches before we know how many birbs are going to be stuck in their cage tomorrow is a little scary. Trying to figure out how many misfinches before we fail is shakier still.

Looking at it from the other direction though, if the setup is 3 scum 7 pretty parrots, best case scenario is they're all on one ugly birb and/or catte team. If we never lynch, day 1 is 7/3, night one we lose a pretty bird and it's 6/3, night 2 into day 3 we get to 5/3, then 4/3, then 3/3. That means that we can take no longer than 3 days, 4 nights to find a bad bird. If we lynch first day, worst case again, it goes to 6/3, and we wake up at 5/3. We might get more info about who's a stinker from the vote, but even if all of the bad birds vote to lynch that's only a 50-50 shot if they take out an innocent birdstander.

And if it's 7/2/1, we're looking at waking up tomorrow to 5/2/1, then 3/2/1, and we're done that night unless the killer kills another bad bird. Mislynching hands us 4/2/1 on day 2 and kills us that night if we miss twice.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Note to self, refresh threads before posting long things that were interrupted a bunch.
  • I assure you that this pretty parrot has no dastardly motives, and the amazing plan to vote none was because nobody seemed suspicious! 

But fine! Plan scrapped, UNVOTE 

Nobody seems suspicious right now, so this pretty parrot will sit and watch while eating a pretzel. No more plans! (For now) 
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
    Let the games begin! It is DAY ONE. The day ends at 6PM, EST, on July 4th, or after a vote goes through!
    VOTES
    Thax 2-Carakhan, Shaddus
    Carakhan 1-Nelras
    Coraline 1-Zitto
  • Unvote
    and vote: @Merlose come show off your pretty feathers, though I will harrumph in Nelras's direction for disparaging my parrot fish.

The even starting numbers and potential for two deaths a night does mean that the math isn't quite so clearcut for the case for a day one lynch as it was in the seven person games I was in earlier, but I still think it's worth seriously considering.

httpsc1staticflickrcom1171397295611_6182f0e299_zjpgzz1

Also, as I failed to do so earlier, here is my salute to our host's wife.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • So! A little more than a hello this time. I never quite know how to kick off a day. I agree no lynches on the first day merely help the enemy as they start out knowing more than we do, and knowledge is power. But coming in hard with votes can also seem scummy so, colour me skittish.  

I'm not voting yet but that doesn't mean I'm down with no-lynch, does that make sense? I also agree that 2 scum only in some form seems a little skewed unless there are lots of powerless roles, I'm more inclined to suspect there is at the least a third party wildcard of some sort. A penguin, among the birds maybe? 

Suspicious Birds  Bloodydecks

VOTES
    Thax 1- Shaddus
    Carakhan 1-Nelras
    Coraline 1-Zitto
    Merlose 1-Carakhan
  • As promised, big fluffy birb picture:

• To confirm, @Portius, 6 votes needed to lyn...I mean determine who's first to get their picture taken?

This is entirely anecdotal, but from past games I've played in it always seems as though at least one of the people who push for a turn 1 lynch turns out to be scum. I'm not necessarily suspicious since I know there's some sort of voodoo formula that says it can be a good idea at times, but I am keeping my eye on Zitto and my side-eye on Carakhan (totally not because she's judgmental against my condition).

• @Thax, I liked you so much better when you were posting Gunnerkrig Court pictures and not accusing me of things. Can't we go back to those days?
  • I'm not accusing you of anything! Just mentioning trends that I've encountered. 
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, 10 people alive means 6 to eliminate I'll add that back into the daily vote count but I can't promise that I'll remember to update it each day.

With 10 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 6 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    Thax 1- Shaddus
    Carakhan 1-Nelras
    Coraline 1-Zitto
    Merlose 1-Carakhan
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Waaaait a second. Merlose hasn't posted a single birb.

I think I'll join Carakhan and VOTE: Merlose
  • Luce said:
    Waaaait a second. Merlose hasn't posted a single birb.

@Merlose hasn't posted at all, for that matter. A non-participant making it harder to get a majority at best, and scum hiding under the radar at worst. This is a train I'm willing to get on.

UNVOTE CAROLINE
    VOTE MERLOSE
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Thax has been super quick to respond here, unlike in game. I'm still keeping an eye on him for now, because that's really out of character.

( <3 )

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • While I am not hopping on the train until the 4th at the very least, I can agree that for a day one lynch the person who has not participated even in passing is the first on my target list.

With 10 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 6 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    Thax 1- Shaddus
    Carakhan 1-Nelras
    Merlose 3-Carakhan, Luce, Zitto
  • There's a chance I won't be able to pop in for long before the day end so going to apply the pressure now, removing non-participation seems the wisest course - we get information and cull a dead-weight as it were (I apologise profusely for that description if  Merlose does come along!)

Vote Merlose
  • While I would rather give the benefit of the doubt to someone who has not posted in the first round, I am going to remove my vote for the time being. There is no need for a random vote to be counted now that real votes are being made.

Unvote

I hope that Merlose will post before the deadline, and thus avoid being having her picture taken before she can do anything about it.

VOTES
    Thax 1- Shaddus
    Merlose 4-Carakhan, Luce, Zitto, Sapphira
  • I'm about to be busy the rest of the day; It looks like Merlose hasn't responded with less than 2 hours left, so I will Vote: Merlose
  • While I am less busy, I am still fairly busy and we only have an hour and a half left. I'm so sorry if you're a mute bird because the pictures have you nervous, but at least you'll get yours out of the way now!

Vote: Merlose
  • Oops. Sorry, everyone, life got complicated for me quick and I forgot about all this. I know, me of all people forgetting about my bird photo shoot! Looks like I'm being sent out unprepared, but joke's on y'all. I take the best pictures.

edited July 2020
    Wow, what a great night! And what a beautiful morning! The sun is shining, the birds are...scheming? Screaming? Oh, wait. Singing. Yeah, that's what parrots occasionally allegedly do.
    You gather together to frolic in the sunlight, only to find some shockingly candid pictures of Luce! It looks like someone woke him up in the night to take a few photos. And let me tell you, they are not flattering. They are just the worst. So mildly embarrassing. He's not going to be showing his face around here for a while, at least not until some new seeds show up.
    "Huh. Somebody in this fine gathering is secretly betraying us by taking terrible pictures? Who could've seen that coming? I guess you had better figure out who to blame before you all suffer the mild shame of a bad photograph!
    ---------
    Luce was...The Quirky Quaker!

Green Quaker Parrot care and housing
    Image Source

You are a pretty parrot! That means you win with the town!

What fluffy feathers! What a beautiful beak! Sure, you're a little bit weird, but what bird isn't crazy? You just want to make friends, and you will copy anyone to do it!

Birds of a Feather: This is a passive power! You will absorb the first power to target you at night. It will have the full effect on you, but you'll be able to use it a single time in a future night phase!
    ---------------
    Let the games begin! It is DAY TWO. The day ends at 8:15PM, EST, on July 9th, or after a vote goes through!
    With 8 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 5 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    None!