Sometimes When You Throw a Gift Into a Void, Someone Appears

Shulamit's not sure why Esei and Gurashi seem so nervous about yeeting gifts at Nocht at all now!

- - -

An uncomfortable chill settles in the air about you despite your proximity to the Flame as the gaze of Nocht passes over you.

Minute Mboagn says, "I've been sending them aloft -everywhere-."

Mboagn claps their hands together merrily.

Minute Mboagn says, "Just to make sure people know I'm around. And watching."

You have emoted: Shulamit ducks suddenly, glowing a mildly alarmed shade of silver.

You think to yourself: Do...does He not like dark chocolate?

Minute Mboagn says, "It's okay, I'm benign."

Minute Mboagn says, "Mostly..."

Throwing their head back, Mboagn let loose a crazy croaking cackle.

You have emoted: Shulamit pats Mboagn with a distracted air.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mboagn, "You are a good child-to-be. Not scary."

Mboagn takes out a curious little pot filled with a white waxy substance. They begin to apply it onto every nook and cranny of their dehydrated pink skin.

With a satisfied smile, Mboagn tucks the pot away, their skin newly-moistened and able to withstand the rigours of heat.

Mboagn makes a happy-frog croaking noises.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mboagn, "I'm glad you're keeping moistened!"

You think to yourself: Don't want the poor child to dry out.

Minute Mboagn says, "It's very important for skincare."

Mboagn nods their head sagely.

You think to yourself: I'm lucky crystalline skin doesn't really...dry. It does crack. But not from heat.

Mboagn's eyes widen in disbelief as they softly exclaims, "Whoa."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mboagn, "Hm?"

Minute Mboagn says, "There's shadows behind you."

"Uhh..." you stall.

You have emoted: Shulamit turns around very very slowly, trying to peek the shadows without turning much, glowing alarmed shades of yellow.

Akali hugs Mboagn compassionately.

Akali wags her tail happily.

Akali inches bashfully over to Mboagn and nuzzles them tenderly.

Akali romps playfully about the room.

Mboagn steps down off of a fiery blue phoenix.

You think to yourself: Do I have a lantern that He'd like if He is behind me? Wait, He's all shadows. Would He dislike lanterns on principle then?

A voice creeps along your thoughts, flat and unfeeling, "I've received your offering, child... Why did you not craft a gift for one of your city's Elders? What is it you seek in making offerings to Me?"

Silvanos wipes the back of their hand across their head in relief as they mutters, "Whew."

Trying to talk to the shadows quietly and failing at the quietly, you say, "Well, I have crafted Them many gifts. I like giving gifts to others as well. Esei and Gurashi have spoken of You, so like, gifts!"

You think to yourself: Because giving gifts is nice.

Mboagn peers closely at the shadowy places.

Glowing pink, you say, "I've made gifts of my children, my sister, of many!"

Silvanos tries to peer into the shadows and fails to see anything at all.

Mboagn gets up off a ribbachi shaped bag chair.

Acknowledging your point to be true, Silvanos nods their head gravely at you.

Mboagn sits themself down on a ribbachi shaped bag chair and makes themself comfortable.

With expert precision, you assemble a plump and pretty goose lantern from a pile of vellum laid before you.

Paper flexing as though croaking, a glistening pink mugwump lantern rises into the sky, little limbs swaying back and forth.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Goose! Like Silvanos!"

Silvanos lazily draws their wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Mugwump! Like Mboagn!"

Mboagn reaches up and squeezes their nose, making a loud honking noise.

Folding their wings so they can reach them easily, Silvanos preens their wings happily, straightening out the disheveled feathers.

You have emoted: Shulamit hums softly, rocking back and forth.

Silvanos preens their wings back into impeccable fashion before pulling their neck as far forward as possible and letting out a loud "HONK" for all to hear, settling back and looking extremely proud of themself once they are good and done.

Folding their wings so they can reach them easily, Silvanos preens their wings happily, straightening out the disheveled feathers.

You think to yourself: That was literally invisible.

Akali snuggles up close to you, looking happy and content.

Cold seeps into your crystalline form as the voice presses, "And what do Gurashi and Esei tell you of Me, child?"

Silvanos quickly dusts off their wings.

Silvanos leans on you seeking consolation.

You have emoted: Shulamit shivers a bit, pondering questions. "Not much! They seem to think...scary things? Probably not. Hm. Pondering."

You think to yourself: They seem mildly concerned of giving gifts, but gifts are good.

Cold seeps into your crystalline form as the voice presses, "And what do Gurashi and Esei tell you of Me, child?"

A great brindle mastiff pants heavily, his tail wagging enthusiastically.

Slowly, you say, "That You sometimes show up for art stuff! That Beauty is one of Your tenets. We've been talking of cute things more. Maybe You are cute, and I can't see You. Behind the shadows."

Showing that they understands, Silvanos nods their head slowly.

Silvanos rubs their chin thoughtfully, raises their eyebrow and says, "I see..."

Without a care in the world, Mboagn sits back and sinks deeper into a ribbachi shaped bag chair.

You have emoted: Shulamit continues to rock back and forth in the rocker, looking as she rocks to try and not rock on any shadows that seem particularly solid.

The surrounding shadows convulse, grasping outwards in joyous anticipation as Nocht, the Silent suddenly materializes from the aether.

Silvanos blinks.

You get up off a dragon-winged rocking chair.

Silvanos rubs their chin thoughtfully, raises their eyebrow and says, "I see..."

You curtsey gracefully before Nocht.

Silvanos inclines their head politely to Nocht.

Mboagn squeaks in fright.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Nocht, "Hi hi Lord Nocht!"

Mboagn kneels before Nocht and touches their head to the ground in worship.

<spam looking at Nocht and things on Nocht like a creeper>

Silvanos smiles softly.

Silvanos folds their wings around your body, wrapping you in a feathered embrace.

Swollen, searing air slinks in through cracks and crevices, offering no escape.

Silvanos ponders Nocht thoughtfully, looking Him up and down.

Minute Mboagn says, "Hello...welcome to Gaudiguch..>!"

Silvanos nods their head enthusiastically.

Nocht ignores the others present, fixing His gaze upon you with an unreadable expression.

You think to yourself: Doesn't look healthy. Is He okies?

You have emoted: Shulamit seems to be thinking of saying something, but decides against it.

Akali bows respectfully to Nocht.

Mboagn sweats profusely.

Silvanos lazily draws their wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

"Wow!" Akali exclaims!

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "You are a bold one to ramble so without worry, child."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Am I? Oh!"

Tilting His head, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Or perhaps foolish."

You think to yourself: Maybe the Silent doesn't like rambling.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Very very likely!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Many people have said I am very foolish sometimes."

You have emoted: Shulamit tilts her head slightly. "I don't feel foolish. But I guess I wouldn't!"

Silvanos ponders the situation.

Flatly, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "It will get you into trouble you cannot escape one day, I imagine."

Mboagn perks up, ready to valiantly, if uselessly, defend you.

Looking slightly worried, you say to Nocht, "Maybe! Until then, I just...go onwards, and try and learn!"

Throwing her head back, Akali takes several powerful inhales through a flushed dragon snout.

You have emoted: Shulamit pats Mboagn gently.

Acknowledging your point to be true, Silvanos nods their head gravely at you.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "But for your gift, and your ties to dearest Mysrai, that trouble will not be with Me."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "My thanks for your... interesting offering."

Nocht, the Silent has bestowed His divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 2 months.

Glowing a cheerful pink tinged with a smidge of grey, you say, "Oh! That's good! I like not being in trouble!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh!"

The surrounding shadows wane, falling back in despondent melancholy as the form of Nocht, the Silent dissolves into wisps of shadow.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Sparkly!"

You have emoted: Shulamit turns around and around, looking at herself.

<looking at self spam>

Shadows cling adoringly to her, reluctant to surrender their grasp on one with the truefavour of Nocht, the Silent.

Mboagn waves to the nothing in the darkness.

Silvanos blinks.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh, they cling!"

Minute Mboagn says, "He is so scary."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "That was...interesting."

Mboagn sits themself down on a ribbachi shaped bag chair and makes themself comfortable.

Mboagn flops back into the comfort of a ribbachi shaped bag chair.

Still turning around, you say to Mboagn, "Was He? I think He was succinct, but not cruel."

You think to yourself: They flow around!

Minute Mboagn says, "All the Big Ones are terrifying."

You have emoted: Shulamit stops spinning around, sitting down suddenly in a dragon-winged chair.

You sit yourself down on a quaint desert themed rocking chair and make yourself comfortable.

You think to yourself: Dizzy.

Silvanos acknowledges the point with a grave nod of their head.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mboagn, "They can be! They can also be very amazingly neat and good!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "For differing values of good."

"Heh heh heh" Silvanos chuckles.

Minute Mboagn says, "Maybe so."

Silvanos nods their head sagely at you.

Minute Mboagn says, "But if you ever get in trouble with one of Them, mother-to-be, just tell me and I will burn what needs to be burnt!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mboagn, "It's okies. I've never been hurt by any of Them."

You think to yourself: Except Lady Viravain punting me into the Moonheart Mother Tree, or Lord Lyreth breaking my chest.

"Wow!" Akali exclaims!

Silvanos looks dubious.

Comprehension flashes across Akali's face.

Minute Mboagn says, "Okay good. Because I doubt my abilities to do harm."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says to you, "You got painted once."

Mboagn wipes the back of their hand across their head in relief as they mutters, "Whew."

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "And the *trout*."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Silvanos, "That's not trouble!"

With a trilling chirp, Rajakumari Silvanos Lunarose, Herbal Connoisseur says, "TROUT."

Guiltily, you say to Silvanos, "Okay trout was."

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

Comments

• I have a log this time for this! It's amazing! And badly kept!

-----

Shulamit blinks.

Shulamit peers at you with narrowed eyes, glowing a suspicious shade of slate grey.

"Eh?" you say to Shulamit curiously.

Akali raises her hand in greeting to you and says "Hi!"

You raise your hand in greeting to Akali and say "Hi!"

Shulamit peers around herself unscrupulously, glowing a suspicious shade of slate grey.

You lazily draw your wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

Shulamit looks around, looking highly suspicious before leaning back in a chair, rocking it gently.

(Gaudiguch): Arandor says, "Warm sands, Gaudiguch."

(Gaudiguch): Shulamit says, "Hi hi."

(Gaudiguch): Mboagn says, "Hello!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Hello!"

You wipe the back of your hand across your head in relief as you mutter, "Whew."

Trying to talk to the shadows quietly and failing at the quietly, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Well, I have crafted Them many gifts. I like giving gifts to others as well. Esei and Gurashi have spoken of You, so like, gifts!"

Sparkling grains of sand whisper and frolic across the floor, dusting every surface and settling into every crevice in sight.

Mboagn peers closely at the shadowy places.

Glowing pink, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "I've made gifts of my children, my sister, of many!"

Silvanos tries to peer into the shadows and fails to see anything at all.

Acknowledging Shulamit's point to be true, you nod your head gravely at her.

Mboagn leaves to the west, emanating an aura of immense power.

Mboagn enters from the west, emanating an aura of immense power.

With expert precision, Shulamit assembles a plump and pretty goose lantern from a pile of vellum laid before her.

Paper flexing as though croaking, a glistening pink mugwump lantern rises into the sky, little limbs swaying back and forth.

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Goose! Like Silvanos!"

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Mugwump! Like Mboagn!"

Mboagn reaches up and squeezes their nose, making a loud honking noise.

Folding your wings so that you can reach them properly, you begin to preen them in a soothing motion, straightening out the disheveled feathers.

Shulamit hums softly, rocking back and forth.

You preens your wings back into impeccable fashion before pulling your neck as far forward as you can and letting out a loud "HONK" for all to hear, settling back and looking extremely proud of yourself once you are done.

Folding your wings so that you can reach them properly, you begin to preen them in a soothing motion, straightening out the disheveled feathers.

A great brindle mastiff pants heavily, his tail wagging enthusiastically.

Akali snuggles up close to Shulamit, looking happy and content.

You quickly wipe the dust from your wings.

You lean on Shulamit seeking consolation.

Shulamit shivers a bit, pondering questions. "Not much! They seem to think...scary things? Probably not. Hm. Pondering."

Slowly, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "That You sometimes show up for art stuff! That Beauty is one of Your tenets. We've been talking of cute things more. Maybe You are cute, and I can't see You. Behind the shadows."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

You rub your chin thoughtfully, raise your eyebrow and say, "I see..."

Without a care in the world, Mboagn sits back and sinks deeper into a ribbachi shaped bag chair.

Shulamit continues to rock back and forth in the rocker, looking as she rocks to try and not rock on any shadows that seem particularly solid.

The surrounding shadows convulse, grasping outwards in joyous anticipation as Nocht, the Silent suddenly materializes from the aether.

You blink.

Shulamit gets up off a dragon-winged rocking chair.

You rub your chin thoughtfully, raise your eyebrow and say, "I see..."

Shulamit curtseys gracefully before Nocht.

You incline your head politely to Nocht.

Mboagn squeaks in fright.

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says to Nocht, "Hi hi Lord Nocht!"

Mboagn kneels before Nocht and touches their head to the ground in worship.

You smile softly.

You fold your wings around Shulamit's body, wrapping her in a feathered embrace.

*(yes, I *was* being protective of her, even if it would likely end poorly for everyone other than Him)

You ponder Nocht thoughtfully, looking Him up and down.

(Also me looking at Nocht spam here, but less of it)

Minute Mboagn says, "Hello...welcome to Gaudiguch..>!"

You nod your head enthusiastically.

Nocht ignores the others present, fixing His gaze upon Shulamit with an unreadable expression.

Shulamit seems to be thinking of saying something, but decides against it.

Akali bows respectfully to Nocht.

Mboagn sweats profusely.

"Wow!" Akali exclaims!

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "You are a bold one to ramble so without worry, child."

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Am I? Oh!"

Tilting His head, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Or perhaps foolish."

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Very very likely!"

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Many people have said I am very foolish sometimes."

Shulamit tilts her head slightly. "I don't feel foolish. But I guess I wouldn't!"

You ponder the situation.

Flatly, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "It will get you into trouble you cannot escape one day, I imagine."

Mboagn perks up, ready to valiantly, if uselessly, defend Shulamit.

Looking slightly worried, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says to Nocht, "Maybe! Until then, I just...go onwards, and try and learn!"

Throwing her head back, Akali takes several powerful inhales through a flushed dragon snout.

Shulamit pats Mboagn gently.

Akali waves goodbye.

Acknowledging Shulamit's point to be true, you nod your head gravely at her.

Akali leaves to the west.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "But for your gift, and your ties to dearest Mysrai, that trouble will not be with Me."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "My thanks for your... interesting offering."

Glowing a cheerful pink tinged with a smidge of grey, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Oh! That's good! I like not being in trouble!"

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Oh."

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Oh!"

The surrounding shadows wane, falling back in despondent melancholy as the form of Nocht, the Silent dissolves into wisps of shadow.

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Sparkly!"

Shulamit turns around and around, looking at herself.

Mboagn waves to the nothing in the darkness.

You blink.

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "Oh, they cling!"

Minute Mboagn says, "He is so scary."

With a trilling chirp, you say, "That was...interesting."

Mboagn flops back into the comfort of a ribbachi shaped bag chair.

Still turning around, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says to Mboagn, "Was He? I think He was succinct, but not cruel."

Minute Mboagn says, "All the Big Ones are terrifying."

Shulamit stops spinning around, sitting down suddenly in a dragon-winged chair.

Shulamit sits herself down on a quaint desert themed rocking chair and makes herself comfortable.

You nod your head gravely in acknowledgement of the point.

Mboagn suddenly loses focus in their eyes and shudders, then looks curiously refreshed.

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says to Mboagn, "They can be! They can also be very amazingly neat and good!"

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says, "For differing values of good."

"Heh heh heh" you chuckle.

Minute Mboagn says, "Maybe so."

You nod your head sagely at Shulamit.

Minute Mboagn says, "But if you ever get in trouble with one of Them, mother-to-be, just tell me and I will burn what needs to be burnt!"

Glowing in tune with her words, Multifaceted Designer Shulamit Lunarose, Mysrai's Ivory Prism says to Mboagn, "It's okies. I've never been hurt by any of Them."

(And then we got into a discussion on what "trouble" means and talked about "The Trout Incident")

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"