Cult of Mafia 2: The Revengening

Comments

• I want to know if @Lavinya roleblocked Devora. If she did, that would lessen the chance of Devora being the cultist. If not, she looks more suspicious.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • That makes no sense, I practically begged to be role-blocked and didn't even vote on Day 2. Instead of replying reasonably to my questions about your suspicious actions you vote for me before we've even heard from Lavinya? For all we know she could have blocked me like I asked. You're not helping your case here.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • I was replying to @Arix. I agree with @Coraline's post.
    Arix said:
  • Actually, if Devora was roleblocked, it would rule her out as the cultist. Both roleblocker and investigator can't both have been converted, so one of them has to be telling the truth. Which means if Devora was roleblocked, she is innocent.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I suppose that's true, though we don't know if Lavinya was recruited or not. This setup is a little weird to me
  •  unvote, i really don't know what's going on anymore
  • I'm not at all getting defensive about things, I have no reason to be. We boiled it down to three suspects, and the last two suspects are eager to point at each other, which makes for an interesting game. Side note, if @Lavinya did block Devora, then we have a winner, if not then we might have a slight mess. Here's the scenarios I can see us now being in:

1) Arix is cultist and recruited someone other than Nylili (myself included in this hypo)
    2) Devora is cultist and managed to recruit someone, whether Nylili or someone else (this means aura disappears immediately before other night actions)

1) Lycidas inno'd n1 by Nylili
    2) Lavinya is roleblocker
    3) Nylili is/was investigator
    4) Coraline is Pious
    5) Sylandra was blocked and proven inno by this
    6) Devora had no actions taken against or claimed
    7) Arix had no actions taken against or claimed
    8) RIP Kistan, sorry brother

So while we do have it boiled down to two suspects, this all hinges on Lavinya letting us know who was blocked.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Lavinya spill your secrets.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Definitely need to hear from Lavinya. Arix is still looking weird as hell to me, but my second guess would be Devora with a transferred aura last night... I'll hold until we have more info for a vote. Waiting with bated breath, ye of other time zones!
  • PS. I play Achaea, not Lusternia, so I'm hoping my timeout for my Lusternia character doesn't delete my forum account before the game has a chance to finish
  • Nylili said:
    PS. I play Achaea, not Lusternia, so I'm hoping my timeout for my Lusternia character doesn't delete my forum account before the game has a chance to finish
    You'll get a deletion warning in email 3 days before, I believe. You can login to prevent deletion. I also suggest giving it a chance, though! (It's not anti taco like achaea :P) 

But I agree, waiting with bated breath here too! 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So, awkward.

I wasn't able to get my night action in on time (curse you real life). So I was unable to block anyone, and I realise that makes things so very complicated and also possibly makes me look scummy but it is what it is. 

I still stand by my thoughts that Arix is shady. 

vote Arix

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    How amazing would it be if Lavinya was converted last night and she's just doing a convenient cover story.

I'm fine with voting Arix, though. I still don't understand his false confession at all. And from what I understand, we've narrowed the cult leader down to Arix or Devora, right?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I kind of wish that's what happened because it feels like it would be pretty epic. Alas.  :lol:

• That lack of a roleblocking DEFINITELY means someone got converted....greeeeeaaaattttt.
  • Personally I think night was too short. Iirc last game 2 days were given for night, right?
  • Nope, has been 24 hours
  • I'm inclined to believe Lavinya bc I feel like if she was converted, she could have claimed to have roleblocked the cultist, then placing suspicion firmly on other townies.

So, once the cultist converts someone, do they show up as innocent to both investigation and killing permanently? That would suck.

I still think @Arix is shady. But the cultist must have converted someone. Who? No one has been calling for someone other than Arix to get killed (other than Arix, obviously).

If the cultist and their convert are still at large, they would be accusing townies. If no one goes after someone other than Arix … he might be innocent. The cultist and recruit wouldn't implicate themselves.
    Arix said:
  • I'm down for Arix... What's the count now, 2?
  • The fact that one of you previous townies is now definitely a recruit is, well, unsettling.
  • No sudden killings, y'all. This might be our last chance for a townie win.
    Arix said:
  • Why would the cultist go after anyone other than the roleblocker or the investigator? That's my question. Depending on the answer, we'd be a lot closer to a good guess about who the cultists are. Either both Nylili and Lavinya are telling the truth and the cultist had a good reason not to go for them, or else we can agree that either Nylili or Lavinya must have been converted (or already been a cultist). 
    Arix said:
  • Went back and checked from the other game, if the recruit is alive and successfully recruited at the end of the night, you won't be able to detect evil aura on the cultist (but you will on the recruit).

I think this means that if the cultist is roleblocked/otherwise didn't recruit, you can see the aura.

This is starting to make me suspicious of Devora and Lavinya..
  • Also, I'm assuming if we get the cultist today, the recruit becomes the cultist..
  • Coraline said:
    This is starting to make me suspicious of Devora and Lavinya..
    That pairing makes no sense. Like you yourself said:
    Coraline said:
    Actually, if Devora was roleblocked, it would rule her out as the cultist.
    If I were the cultist and I had converted Lavinya, I would definitely have her say that she blocked me.
    Arix said:
  • But you also commented before I made that comment that you didn't notice anyone visiting you (I only noticed this later on), so if you had her claim to roleblock you, someone would've definitely called you out on that. 

Then again, this is only a suspicion and I'm only putting that out as a possibility. Another possibility is Arix and someone who is not pushing for Arix. 

Just putting out speculations.
  • The problem we have is that Devora is not clear of any suspicion, or even trully innocent as said by Nylili. We know that in the situations I said we were in, that Devora can be the cultist and I'm inclined to believe Lavinya was recruited. Also, I'm going to assert that the recruit will not become the cultist, it does not state it anywhere in either of those roles.

Arix is a good decision for lynching simply because of the chopping block, but as long as we keep in mind that Devora is also on same block. I'm also going to choose not to believe that the night action was missed, because that's just a tad convenient. If RL really was the culprit and it couldn't be helped, then fine I don't mind being wrong. Just so we're aware though, the cultist -CANNOT- recruit without their aura, so unless the Recruit offs themselves or gets lynched, there should be no conversion tonight.
  • So, if we lynch the cultist today, we just win?

That sounds rigged against cult side.

I'm curious @Lehki would you answer this?
  • The reason I suspect Devora over Arix though is how the scenario played out. Everybody was on the bandwagon for Arix, even after I made the call for Kistan. Either Arix got roleblocked and that would incriminate Devora, or the action truly was missed.

1) Devora recruited Lavinya, Lavinya claims missed action
    2) Arix recruited Lavinya, Lavinya claims missed action because actual block was on Devora
       a) If the roleblock -WAS- on Devora, Nylili's report would be correct incriminating Arix
    3) Cultist (Devora/Arix) recruited outside of Lavinya, and Lavinya missed action

I think that sums up the possibilities, and I really do hate to say it, but Coraline is going to be the town lead as the only confirmed clear, as even I could've been recruited. I know I haven't been and I wouldn't have been a good choice, but this decision is best for the town to win. We have 7 people, at most 2 are cultist. If we lynch incorrectly, we go to 4 v 2, in which recruit suicides making it 4v1. We're not in dire straights yet, we can technically mess up today and still win as town, but I'd like to avoid getting it that close to the wire.
  • @Coraline No, the recruit would just continue as is more than likely, not sure how it's rigged.