Pre-Combat Overhaul Affliction: Sap

Hey guys I just wanted to put a post up here to get some discussion going over the issue of the Combat Overhaul and Sap.

When server side curing was released Sap was deliberately excluded from it for the reason being that it would be a whole lot of work to make autocuring work with sap when Sap was due to be removed and reworked within a few months in the upcoming Druid and Mage rework.

Unfortunately that rework was pushed back and has been pushed back quite a bit longer again.

It's left us in the situation where we have the Sap as the biggest pre-combat overhaul affliction still knocking around.

Previously the suggestion to disable sap while the rework was pending was raised by one of the Glom druid envoys but was decided against as the rework wasn't that far off and people didn't want to leave druids without something.

I'm saying this as someone who has the time to code and fix up an anti- sap system, so I'm not saying this for myself but I'm saying it for the vast majority of the game who don't.

I don't think its fair to leave Sap in the game as it currently is as most players simply can't deal with it.

We either need autocuring to work to cure sap or we need to look at quick fixes for sap that solve the issue until the bigger rework comes through and the combat overhaul is completed.

I threw up a little report for it you can read though but feel free to post ideas and concepts for the quick fix.