The Midnight Crew Vs. The Felt! A Mobster Mafia. [MAFIA WINS!]

Comments

• And if you're going after me, than no, you are not going after mafia.
  • That's exactly what the mafia would say.
  • Well then you better get started convincing four other people to hop on your bandwagon, unless you really are trying to cheap out and slip a mob mentality lynch through
  • Oh yeah - well when he was nowhere to be found and it said in the thingy that once Sylandra kicked the bucket there would be no reason to stick around, I put two and two together and got .... well, clarified by @Sidd a few posts up.
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Arix said:
    unless you really are trying to cheap out and slip a mob mentality lynch through
    That's deflection. There's no chance of that happening with over three days to go and regular vote summaries from Lehki.
  • No, I just saw the extra 48 hours. So that gives you plenty of time to convince people with me not trying to stop you. I will be very interested to see who follows along
  • I thought i posted this but it did not.

Is there any chance @Sidd knew exactly what he was doing?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Ehhh, Sidd's sketchy but I honestly think that was just bad luck on his part
  • So Tremula got punched in the face - and I'm assuming acted? 

Anyway, I'll jump on the pressure plane

Vote: Arix
  • Vote Count

@Arix(2): Dys, Sidd

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority!

With Mob Mentality in effect, Arix will be lynched at day's end.

Day Two ends at 2AM EST on Saturday 11/25, or when majority vote is reached.
  • Can throw as many people as you want on the pressure plane, I'll just the lynch go through
  • I'm not voting for you to pressure you, I'm voting because I think you're a mafia protecting a hat bomber or are one yourself. If you're town then I'd prefer not to lynch you but my opinion's not going to change without reason.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hrm, so Makaela absconding -wasn't- related to Sylandra's death? Can one of the people who know the flavour say whether disappearances feature in the comic and what their cause is? Might it have been some sort of vigilante kill or a time shenanigans dayjailing and we can expect him back?

I'm travelling for the week and can only check in by phone which makes looking back a pain but it seems there's still surprisingly little to go on in this game. 

I haven't yet formed an opinion on Arix, but was inclined to believe that Dys is Felt.

Will leave voting for another day though to give more time for stuff to come up.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Seems like Sylandra leaving was exactly why Makaela took off. To quote her role...

"Frisky Jig: Right now, you've got a good thing going on with Sylandra, and you won't have much reason to stick around if she kicks the bucket."  

That's what I thought too but Sidd said Lehki confirmed not the case?
  • True, but there was also an explosion and Sidd said that Lehki said Sylandra's death wasn't the cause of Makaela's departure. @Lehki, could you confirm that please?
  • I'll say what I told Sidd. The explosion was meant for somebody.
    Huh, don't see how what Sidd said re. Makaela follows from that. Back to thinking abscondment due to frisky jig no reason to stick around.
  • I think it means that an intentionally placed bomb/explosion killed Makaela and not the fact that Sylandra died. I'm not sure how that can be interpreted into 'she left because Sylandra died'

• Let me clarify two things

1) Lehki told me 'that bomb as intended to kill somebody'

2) Makaela danced with me all night, went into a room, and it exploded. I went in right after to see the fiery explosion and no Makaela.

Blowing up is a hell of a way to 'abscond' because Sylandra died. There is also no specific mention in her Role that should Sylandra die, she would be out of the game, just that she loses.

Well, if we back into it, Makaela isn't just dead...she's missing entirely. Did she explode out of existence?

We know Sylandra did die, that Makaela didn't protect her because she's dead, and the SK is dead. So in order for last night to happen as Sidd interprets it, two seperate nightkills would have had to happen without an SK, and they would have had to very coincidentally happened to two roles that had a secret direct link with one another.

It's not impossible by any means, but it does require a lot of IFs. So just something to keep in mind. 

What I find confusing is why were you dancing with Makaela? Her power could only target Sylandra.
    Oh wait, you targeted Sylandra and Makaela used Jig, so you got Mikaela. NVM, got it.
    Well anyways, the point is if Sidd is correct, we have to account for 2 night kills last night when the SK was already dead. 
  • You know how there was no kill Night 1?

Turns out they placed a bomb. Bombs are usually delayed.
    Oh. Hmm. Makes sense.
  • Any people we're waiting to hear from?
  • I also think that the bomb was planted on Sylandra.

We know Makaela needed to block Sylandra to protect her, which she attempted to do last night, except I switched BUT the action went through, I still saw her dancing and stuff. Scum attempted to kill me and didn't know that I'd swap with Sylandra, so I think Makaela ended up protecting Sylandra from the bomb, but then Sylandra died anyway from the attack she was swapped into.

Pretty big coincidence, I'll admit, but that how things shake out sometimes.
  • That DOES sound crazy, but Mafia order of operations can get pretty strange
  • At this point, the only way I can see taking the Clover absconding thing is to accept that it's "Clover isn't actually storyline-killable because luck" role fluff. For what it's worth, I also independently asked Lehki after Sidd mentioned it because I am super paranoid and was told that 'abscond is a joke'.

Arix was who I had in mind as a pressure vote already, and today's really sold it for me. At this point, trying to suggest that Sidd is suspicious given how up front Sidd's been about his actions and how well his ability fits a specific Felt character feels like stoking doubt for doubt's sake. Even sorting out that Mak was killed rather than just left with Sylandra is useful town information I can't see a scum player willingly revealing. Refusal to provide any information to defend himself feels like actively anti-town play; scum may have an incentive to die in silence to avoid implicating allies, but if you are town you should fight a lynch as hard as you can. Even if you reveal a valuable role like doctor defending yourself, you are at the very least absorbing a night kill and potentially creating an opportunity to prevent it by giving the mafia an obvious target for other roles to screen for.

Vote Arix
  • Revelation under duress is completely useless, and revealing my role would pretty much make it useless anyhow