Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• How much time do we have left in the day? 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That's kinda screwed up. If we don't get a majority for no lynch, Sylandra just killed Arix :/

Vote: no lynch
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    We have 10 hours. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    If it came down to us not getting a majority near the deadline, I would prefer voting someone off. 

For me it would probably be Celina, who won't be here till tuesday
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • well, I'm not going to vote for no lynch, so if it ends up being Arix, so be it. Othero may be a better choice if ninja's are usually scum though

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kalikai said:
    well, I'm not going to vote for no lynch, so if it ends up being Arix, so be it. Othero may be a better choice if ninja's are usually scum though

I think what Othero meant is that a ninja attacked him, not that he's a ninja :hushed:
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Kalikai said:
    well, I'm not going to vote for no lynch, so if it ends up being Arix, so be it. Othero may be a better choice if ninja's are usually scum though

I think what Othero meant is that a ninja attacked him, not that he's a ninja :hushed:
    You are indeed right, I misread that.
  • @Sylandra Do you think Arix, Othero, or Celina is the better choice?  I ask you because you are the only one voting, and we don't have much time left.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I don't want to lynch no one, but I don't think Celina is really a fair choice since she came in saying she'd be absent until Tuesday. Since only indirect kill methods were allowed, she'll be a likely target for direct ones tonight to get *something* done, so Town killing her off doesn't do us any favours, where leaving her alive might give us a small buffer.

I'll levy my vote as needed, simply because Arix dying to one vote seems...meh, I guess I'm just not used to these new rules yet.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Weiwae said:
    @Sylandra Do you think Arix, Othero, or Celina is the better choice?  I ask you because you are the only one voting, and we don't have much time left.
    Arix. Lack of participation is a net loss to town. Celina explained she's at Pride, Othero has been participating.

I could be convinced to axe a "no lynch" advocate though because I genuinely think we should lynch someone today. You're not going to get a solid bet on a lynch on a day like this so you have to find some kind of reason. I found mine.

To put it simply, I want a lynch to happen today so I'm voting for a lynch. Shorter dayphases mean snappier decisions, people. Vote some kind of way.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    (I don't know why y'all actin' surprised though, I'm hardly the only person to say a lynch is preferable. I'm just the first person to match my words with actions.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • If the game started on 9th at 9pm CST, isn't four days Monday night, i.e. tomorrow? Or possibly Tuesday 13th? I agree faster is better though.

Lynching Celina when she's not around to beg for her life / pin it elsewhere seems unfair. 
    So don't lynch Celina, lynch someone else.
    Daraius said:
  • Vote: Arix

I'll back it up - I just think in this game, not voting for no-lynch is pretty much the same as voting for a lynch. I guess the only issue would be if people suddenly throw in their votes to get  a quick majority in right before the day ends. We'll have to watch for that.

Oh maybe I was off on the hours left, the post just says June 8th for me? I'm in the same time zone as Vivet.

It just says 9 pm CST, it doesn't give a date. I'm not sure where I got the count of how much time is left.

Mafia really isn't fair, lynching any non-participant is okay by me, even those with excuses. We are short one person automatically so reaching a majority would be harder and makes the day phase that much more difficult.
  • That makes sense. I'm GMT so that time showed as the 9th.

I get the point about non participants and reaching majority. Let's see where the votes end up.
  • Some people like to refrain from posting when they don't have much to contribute, or because they're trying to get an idea of the situation. If this is nonparticipation then just lynch
  • Right so to totally overanalyse this, the bad guys know who they are and have had one night to plan.

Nobody suggested a lynch for a couple of days - bad guys lying low

For them it is an almost no brainer to lynch if there is no consensus and four people is a big chunk of a lynch so anyone pushing for a lynch for no reason is suspicious in my book.

Those pushing for a lynch for no reason:

Tarkenton

Sylandra

Kalikai

Now out of those three

Sylandra had a visitor during the night - the nbad guys would not visit her if they knew who she was so I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt as she would have been outed by now

So that leaves it as a toss up between Tarkenton and Kalikai. Tarkenton was going to skip the vote initially but only woke up once there was a sniff of blood in the air, so he too can have a pass.

So that leaves just the kill 'em all, let god decide Kalikai.

Vote: Kalikai

• Should i have unvoted first? Who knows but for completeness as opposed to completemess:

Unvote, Vote Kalikai
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Damn you, @Kalikai, I just finished my tea and realised I have a perfect reason to vote for Arix and now I'm iffy. Whatever, doing it anyway.

Vote: Arix, because I was only the Fire Lord FOR ONE BLOODY NIGHT.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Arix said:
    Some people like to refrain from posting when they don't have much to contribute, or because they're trying to get an idea of the situation. If this is nonparticipation then just lynch
    Okay but remember this is a team game. If you're quietly watching and not engaging then no one else can read you or your actions (inaction being as ambiguous an action as you can get). Not posting treats the game like it is solitary rather than one where you engage with other people. Dayphase is where Town learns things! If people don't share their thoughts we can't learn as much about their motives.

Case in point: dayphase is down to the wire and you still haven't voted yet.

So basically I'd rather lose someone doing that than someone engaged and participating like Kalilai. That's where I'm currently at.
    Daraius said:
    Kistan said:
    Right so to totally overanalyse this, the bad guys know who they are and have had one night to plan.

Nobody suggested a lynch for a couple of days - bad guys lying low

For them it is an almost no brainer to lynch if there is no consensus and four people is a big chunk of a lynch so anyone pushing for a lynch for no reason is suspicious in my book.

Those pushing for a lynch for no reason:

Tarkenton

Sylandra

Kalikai

Now out of those three

Sylandra had a visitor during the night - the nbad guys would not visit her if they knew who she was so I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt as she would have been outed by now

So that leaves it as a toss up between Tarkenton and Kalikai. Tarkenton was going to skip the vote initially but only woke up once there was a sniff of blood in the air, so he too can have a pass.

So that leaves just the kill 'em all, let god decide Kalikai.

Vote: Kalikai

Didn't @Kalikai also have a visitor last night though?
    Daraius said:
    Kalikai said:
    Nothing solid, but I had some mice visit me last night while I was enjoying my jujube's.
    ^receipts
    Daraius said:
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Lol, no reason. No, I'm pushing for a lynch because this is the same as day two with the night zero in a regular game. Actions need to start occurring, band wagons will happen, movements to things, etc. For that reason, I'm thinking Kistan needs up on the block. Convince me otherwise.
  • @Kistan scum voting as a block this early would be pretty risky for them, think at best there'd be 1 maybe 2 in a vote until it the train was picking up momentum.

So Arix is basically on the chopping block right now. The "then just lynch" sounds like giving up to me. I kind of want to ask for a role claim but if it turns out to be a believable one I worry Sylandra is just going to switch us over to another random target. =/
    Without any corroboration, no role claim should be believable I would think. 
  • No, @Lehki , its me having nothing to contribute right now and being railroaded for it. At this point posting for the sake of hearing myself talk or seem more active, or to obuscate would just be wasting  everyones time. I'm not going to jump through hoops for your entertainment
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Other person I'm leery of is Silvanus, for being the one starting the no lynch train. Got my eyes on you.
  • And @tremula , that's a stupid reason to vote. Not even going to throw a 'no u' vote at that, even though I think you might be worth it for the supermajority thing
  • Well, yeah, but who's to say there won't be somebody that can corroborate?