The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Too soon @Ushaara >_<

Basically my vote says I'm not going to jump on a flimsy bandwagon for the sake of a lynch, or just wait out the day like everyone else.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    Silvanus: Kiradawea, Ushaara (2)
    Kiradawea: Shaddus (1)
    None: Lavinya (1)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

(If no lynch is reached, the Dayphase will end as of January 27th, EST - Approx. 6.5 hours from now)

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Uuuuuugh, I'm barely going to be awake at what is basically midnight my time, so I've got to go for the no-lynch, too, just so we can end the day sooner and we can try and give people the time to do their night actions so hopefully we have more information tomorrow.

This is not bandwagoning, this is needing to sleep for work.

Vote: No one.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Othero said:
    I'm not really for a no-lynch but I don't have a better alternative then that. I personally would be for lynching Vivet because of the risk of pokemon ending up in mafia hands and giving them new powers. However, I think that's my gut over ruling reason and I know no one else would agree to it.
    That's mathematically unfeasible. Scum is less numerous than town, so even if Vivet picks completely at random, she's more likely to hit town. Which means that the longer Vivet stays in play, the more she'll help out town. Furthermore, if she's town she's also a high priority target for scum, who wouldn't want her to keep boosting townies. Why do the job for them?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Seriously people. Day is gonna end soon and we're entering night with nothing to work with. Vote for someone or vote no-lynch. But passively twiddling your thumb waiting for day to end gives us as town absolutely nothing to work with.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Sorry guys, I'm caught up now!

I also wanted to add that I was actually a bus driver in the night vale game.  

Details of my power:

BusDriver: You may target two other players, and use illusions to make them appear as one another. Anyone targeting one person that night will instead target the other instead.

As everyone leaves the gathering at City Hall, you decide to memorize the physical features of Cen and Synkarin. Later that night, you hunt the two of them down and weave a highly intricate illusion about each in the shape of the other.

--

But I can't remember if any of them received any flavour text to show that they were bussed.  Anyway, thought I'd add the above for reference.  Although lets not forget that it may be completely different this game.

I'm not sure who to lynch, either.  I played in night vale but I'm not too sure about the other games as I didn't follow them closely.  I'd rather vote for nobody than twiddle my thumbs, so I guess it's too bad if I look like scum.

Vote: nobody
  • I am inherently against a no-lynch, so rather than vote for none, I'll

Vote: Shaddus

simply because he was blocked when there was no kill. Him getting aggressive when Kira pointed a small finger at him certainly didn't help his case.
    Vote Count:
    Silvanus: Kiradawea, Ushaara (2)
    Kiradawea: Shaddus (1)
    None: Lavinya, Tremula, Ellowyn (3)
    Shaddus: Ssaliss (1)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

---

Ding, dong, the dayphase has run out!

After seven days of bickering and seven days of debate, we find ourselves bored with the tedious kumbayah that has overrun the past two days and night.

I thought you all weren't here to make friends?

Your forum audience is interested in more drama and intrigue. Let's see if you give them what they ask for tonight.

---

IT IS NOW NIGHT TWO.
    You have 48 hours to submit your night actions to me before Day 3 automatically begins. Otherwise, the day will start once all night actions are received.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    NIGHT ACTIONS ARE IN. PLEASE STAND BY FOR ACTION CONFIRMATION AND RESPONSE. WHEN ALL HAS BEEN COMPLETED, THE DAYPHASE SHALL OFFICIALLY BEGIN.
    Daraius said:
    NIGHT TWO HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED

So how did you sleep last night? I guess your answer depends on who you are. Two of you didn't sleep a wink last night!

That's all right, guys. There's plenty of time for that when you're dead, isn't there?

So let's look at today's bodycount, total of 2:

--BODY #1--

@Ushaara was...
    Carlos, from the Night Vale Mafia! [As made famous by Ileein.]

You are a scientist with perfect hair, perfect teeth, and a perfect voice. You first came to Night Vale several years ago, seeking to study the most scientifically interesting community in the U.S. In your time there, you and Cecil have fallen in love and developed a strong, lasting relationship together. However, recent events caused by the invading Lust-hernians(sp?) have led to a mysterious portal dropping you and your beloved Cecil into yet another strange arena of mafia intrigue. You will require one another to survive this. And remember: a scientist is always fine.

You win with the Town.

Your abilities are:
    Scientific Inquiry: You can whip out your notepad and quietly study a subject of your choosing, seeing who targets them that night in your quest for knowledge. [Watcher]

OTP: You spend every night with your partner, Cecil, preparing his radio show for the morning together. [Mason]

--BODY #2--

@Ssaliss was...
    Klaus Fuchs, from the Los Alamos Mafia! [As made famous by Sylandra.]

Born in Germany to a British family, you survived a post-War Germany struggling to recover from the Versailles Treaty. Like many young men during this time, you became disillusioned with the government and became increasingly radical. Unlike a lot of Germans, you joined the Communist Party. Similar to many outcast Germans, you quickly left the country after the Reichstag fire pushed Hitler to the top. And then you successfully infiltrated the Manhattan Project last mafia game for the Soviet Union, and now you're living large.

You win with the Meta Mafia. You sincerely enjoyed thwarting other people's designs last time, and want to do it again.

Your abilities are:
    Sneaky Soviet Spy: You are a master of clandestine operations, and you are never suspected of foul play. If you are investigated you will appear to be Enrico Fermi, rather than Klaus Fuchs. [Investigative Immunity]

Servant of the Motherland: To be a successful spy, you have to transmit your information back and forth. You may every night investigate the other players of the game to determine their strengths and weaknesses. [Consigliere Power]

Bombs Away!: If lynched, you can grab any player of your choice and doom them to death with you. To do this, say "If I'm going down, I'm taking <player> down with me!" in bold. (Note: This will not work in the case of a viligante death, as it will catch you unawares!) [Suicide Bomber Power]

Your secret dossier tells you that you may make the following safe-claim:
    Enrico Fermi, from the Los Alamos Mafia. (Proposed Fake Posting Restriction: responding to an incorrect lynch you pushed for with "I THOUGHT SHE/HE WAS A MURDER DOCTOR, OKAY???" and posting "tldr what's the vote count" after a lengthy pause between your posts. The thread may give you other ideas as well.)

----

What a turnout! Wow! Well done, all around. Very exciting stuff, all!

Oh, you have questions about how they died. Sorry, wasn't really paying attention. If you're curious, we definitely found a dead animal on the premises, though. Very sad. (RIP, cow.)

Let's make a game happen, people!
    Daraius said:
    IT IS NOW DAY THREE

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

---
    Votecount:
    Shaddus: Unknown (1)
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think the obvious question is why Shaddus has a listed vote as "unknown" rather than not showing up on the list like everyone else.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Did we lose a good guy and a bad guy then? I didn't notice a deathsight sort of message explaining how they died.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Never mind, just saw the cow thing 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't know what happened last night, but apparently Ssaliss was the mafia consigliere, so if that was a Vig, good job Vig!

I attempted to send off a pokémon to Portius last night, and from my end of things it appeared to be successful. Still 10 pokémon remaining in my PC. My night passed without incident otherwise.

• Oh wow, ok. That kind of changes my game. I'm Cecil and my power is being able to send broadcasts to be played in the morning. I did not send one on the first night which is why we got the no news message. I -tried- to send one this night but got blocked. But that's fine, I can still share the one thing Ushaara learned! On the first night she targeted Lehki who was targetted by both Silvanus and Luce.
    At some point in the night, We were awakened by a very irritating and noisy voice. Said voice went out of their way to be very vexing and insulting, which is unacceptable. Appalling lack of manners, night person, and We are weakened because of it. The next person who disrupts Our unneeded beauty sleep will be dealt with most harshly. Said dealings-with will likely involve smiting, and a gnashing of teeth, and wailings and beatings. Many beatings will be given to you, that you will grovel before Our glorious radiance and beg to be forgiven, which We shall likely grant in Our grace and mercy.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Othero said:
    Oh wow, ok. That kind of changes my game. I'm Cecil and my power is being able to send broadcasts to be played in the morning. I did not send one on the first night which is why we got the no news message. I -tried- to send one this night but got blocked. But that's fine, I can still share the one thing Ushaara learned! On the first night she targeted Lehki who was targetted by both Silvanus and Luce.

(Outside Observer Commentary: Is referring to Ushaara as female a clever past mafia reference, or the continuation of the mafia curse of no one ever remembering certain people are male?)
    Portius said:
    I think the obvious question is why Shaddus has a listed vote as "unknown" rather than not showing up on the list like everyone else.
    It takes one less vote to lynch me.
    I guess the big question now is what Silvanus and Luce were up to. Surely one of them must be the source of the warning level thing and can explain?

Also @Portius did you get your pokémon, or did something go awry again?

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Vivet said:
    I don't know what happened last night, but apparently Ssaliss was the mafia consigliere, so if that was a Vig, good job Vig!

I attempted to send off a pokémon to Portius last night, and from my end of things it appeared to be successful. Still 10 pokémon remaining in my PC. My night passed without incident otherwise.

I can confirm that I got the pokemon successfully. Power is not awful, but still pretty underwhelming. On the other hand, it's a snuggletastic pokemon, so still pretty great.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Phoebus said:
    Othero said:
    Oh wow, ok. That kind of changes my game. I'm Cecil and my power is being able to send broadcasts to be played in the morning. I did not send one on the first night which is why we got the no news message. I -tried- to send one this night but got blocked. But that's fine, I can still share the one thing Ushaara learned! On the first night she targeted Lehki who was targetted by both Silvanus and Luce.

(Outside Observer Commentary: Is referring to Ushaara as female a clever past mafia reference, or the continuation of the mafia curse of no one ever remembering certain people are male?)
    You're really all 1s and 0s.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My night was uneventful.

Curious information about Lehki being targeted by so many, I'm very curious to know what Silvanus and Luce were up to. It certainly gives us something/someone to pursue. So what were you two up to?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well, as for what I'm doing, I can confirm that Lehki was targeting Ushaara that night, since I'm a super speedy tracker. Which means Silvanus gets to tell us all about his super-keen warning message power.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And since we're all about sharing, but not trusting, @Lavinya went nowhere last night.
  • Wow! Big night.  So we can pretty much safely assume Shaddus is town, considering Ssaliss voted for him yesterday.  (Unless it was all a clever ploy, and it's possible.)

Ush voted for Silvanus, so that's also something to mull over.  But I'm interested in finding out what @Silvanus was doing considering he claimed to have no night power...
  • I will confirm that I did target Is Ushaara on the first night. Still processing everything though. And A+ job.vig or bus driver, whoever killed Ssaliss
    Oh, oh. Also, wild new theory.

No one was mocked on the first night. We also had no kills on the first night. People died tonight, but Shaddus also got mocked down into being weakened to be easier to lynch by <unknown>.

If I recall correctly, Shakespeare mafia had a mocker (Lady Macbeth, I think? Would need to check). It could be a return of that role. If the returning mocker is also scum, they might have been doing the kill on night one and got blocked/jailed, which is why we saw no mocking victim (quite unlikely that mocking/killing were both blocked, especially if we know who was potentially getting busdriven on night one).

That said, did anyone get blocked in the manner Shaddus described last night? Don't think anyone has mentioned such yet.

• So what I've got right now

Players:
    1. Tremula
    2. Vivet             - (Shopkeep)
    3. Lavinya
    4. Breandryn
    5. Ssaliss           - (mafia Consigliere)
    6. Silvanus        - (admin?)
    7. Shaddus
    8. Kendra/Portius
    9. Ellowyn
    10. Dylara/Kiradawea
    11. Luce             - (Tracker)
    12. Othero          - (Reporter+Mason)
    13. Ushaara        - (Watcher+Mason)
    14. Lehki
    15. Fyler/Cyndarin/Celina/Niradnic

And there's also a roleblock and mocker, possibly a bus driver.  So what I'd really like to hear now, is if there was any evidence of the busdriver again, and why @Silvanus found my posting to be unsatisfactory.