Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• I'm guessing that the people that really care about finding out about me have already figured it out, so I might as well claim.

Yes, I am the Sheriff of Night Vale. Needless to say, I win with town. I won't go into too much detail about my night powers, other than point to my lovely little office in the clouds, which is why Ushaara didn't find me during night one.

Does that suffice, @Ushaara?
  • Vote Count:

Krackenor (3): Silvanus, Cyna, Ellowyn
    Kiradawea (2): Sylandra, Ushaara
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I'm happy to go back to my pre-Lavinya Kira vote, but that might be construed as too rude and aggressive.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Fair enough...Vote Kiradawea
    Because the concept of "shutting up" is foreign to me, wanted to throw this out there:

If @Kiradawea flips town, I'd start putting the pressure on @Falmiis.

Falmiis has been very defensive of Kira this whole time, by pushing my suspicious-ness really hard. He's repeated he has no idea why some of us want to lynch Kiradawea, despite pages and pages of reasoning from myself and others. Indeed, he rarely seems to engage with that, instead repeating he's "not convinced."

And it's possible that Kira is town. But here's a thought, too. What if Falmiis was scum, and made use of Kira's aeoning to frame me?

It'd be terribly easy. "Ayisda, use your blowgun power. My roleblock on Sylandra should go through. Then everyone will probably be suspicious of her because she's a Glow Cloud and we can get a lynch, killing two of the loudest players." It's a really nice plan, actually. Foiled only by Ayisdra being killed last night, therefore explaining away the blow-gun technique.

And it would make stepping forward about being the roleblocker look very townie, too. "I was just trying to defend town from the Glow Cloud." So he doesn't lose much from claiming, even after Ayisdra is dead. The action looks pro-town, because the Glow Cloud is this game's straw man.

Something to think about. Seems remarkably possible to me in a scenario where Kira flips town.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    At this point, I'm still good with the lynch on Kiradawea. I can't really say more to convince you of my Silvanus/Kiradawea/Cen theory, other that to say go back and try consider their actions with the assumption they are a coordinated group.

Based on the claims:
    1) Silvanus couldn't have killed Ayisdra because Kiradawea blocked him.
    2) Silvanus is locked into investigating Kiradawea tonight even if she's dead.
    3) Hatchet Killer is Leann rather than Apache Tracker and is one of Cyna/Rolsand/Ellowyn

It's up to the rest of ye to consider whether my Silmarillion as a hint to evil dragon kill has any merit... I admit it's tenuous but it's what put me onto considering the options of what might have happened if Silvanus wasn't blocked by Kiradawea. Follow that thread and see if you think there's anything in it. Look back to Carlos' reveal and ask who benefits the most from a tracker learning who is giving the investigation results to Cecil?

But it's mainly the fact that their three claims of their actions are so interwoven makes me suspicious.

@Cen querying each other can simply be read as you simply trying to distance themselves from each other. But before I pivoted to Silvanus, you were backing off Kiradawea back in favour of lynching Krackenor, so for all your querying of each other, all three of you were pushing a lynch on Krackenor.

On the other hand, if you accept that I'm town, then I'll say again, nothing Krackenor did to me is inconsistent with what he claimed today, that I was lichseeded and would be resurrected from the blowgun attack. Revealing himself as he did would make him the worst cultist/arsonist around.

And yeah, I'm good with your claim @Ssaliss

If Kiradawea flips town, hopefully I'll die of embarassment.
    Blargle, I hate the no edit rule. Typos galore. :(
    Personally I think it's entirely possible Silvanus, Cen, and Kiradawea are all innocent. And I don't think any of them killed Ayisdra; I have a suspicion of who did, though, which I'm keeping to myself. (Spoiler: it's not me.)

I'm relatively ok with Silvanus due to his claim, and pretty convinced Cen is town from how she's posted thus far.

Kira is an unknown, but her death will help decipher who's shifty and who's not, imho. I'm willing to concede at least one Lusternian is probably town, but if it happens to be her, that's also useful information. I just think her power is too dangerous to risk in mafia hands.
    Daraius said:
    I'm very curious as to who your alternate killer of Ayisdra is because I freely admit pegging those three as mafia starts entirely with Silvanus doing the killing. If that's not the case my theory falls apart!
    Look at the people who Ayisdra was most prodding of. I think it's a person on that list. Don't want to say which one, but I bet you anything Ayisdra peed in the wrong person's Cheerios.
    Daraius said:
    Oh.... Think I know who you mean. Hmmmmm!
  • I'm pretty sure I know who killed Ayisdra as well, from the flavor. (I'm pretty sure it's not Silvanus either.) If/when it is truly needed, I'll see if my suspicion matches up with Sylandra and is convincing for the rest of you.

Let me propose the worst case scenario for today and tonight. (We have 12 people, with at least 2 Mafia.) If Krackenor's power does not work on the poisoned Ushaara, then we can have 5 total deaths today. Lynch Town, Mafia kill, Serial Killer kill, Ushaara poisoned, Vigilante mistake. This can leave us with 4 Town, 2 Mafia, and 1 Serial Killer, or even 3 Town, 3 Mafia, and 1 Serial Killer. 
    (The best case scenario is: Lynch Mafia, Mafia Kill Redirected to Mafia/Serial Killer, Serial Killer Blocked, Vigilante kills Mafia/Serial Killer.)

This exercise is to let people understand the seriousness of what happens today. With whoever we kill, we need to know tonight who the Mafia are, or we might not get another chance. Thus, we need to explicitly line up our potential lynchees and what the Mafia/Townieness of each would signify to the game as a whole, then kill the one that gets us the most information and gives the Town the greatest chances of survival.
    So, yeah, I'm going to shut up since I've probably done more harm than good and confused things. Quite possible I added two and two and got nine. Ieptix, you're an evil overlord and trying to figure out your setup is making my head spin!
    In light of what @Melali has said, I would like the following people to role claim: @Cyna @Rolsand @Ellowyn. What role are you in this game?
    Daraius said:
  • edited June 2016
    I am a man in a tan jacket with a deerskin suitcase.

I am a good-natured fellow, though nobody can seem to remember me. At night, anybody who targets me has a 50% chance of failure, with me being recognized as someone else.
  • Sorry for the above edit btw. Forgot it wasn't allowed, and changed nothing when I realize. I almost reflexively edit my posts for grammar and spelling.
    Huh. Then it's possible you were targeted last night by an SK, if we believe that Ileein's killer and Ayisdra's killer are not one and the same. Interesting.
    Daraius said:
  • Alright, let me get this straight. Sylandra is pushing for Kiradawea to get lynched but if she is town then somehow I'm mafia? She's using the fact that Ayisdra was a Lusternian to try to take out as many people as possible. She's playing the lot of you, just like she did in the Los Alamos game.

Lynch Sylandra
  • I have to say, I find Cyna's claim to be rather... odd. It seems like a really weird power, not to mention a weird power for town to have. I also have a slight allergy towards non-confirmable passive powers...
  • Hmm. I would propose, for clarity's sake, that we use an If, Then, Because, (Thus) format when stating our suspicions. 
    IF (some assumption is true) THEN (these other things are also true) BECAUSE (this thing links the two statements). THUS (we should do some course of action, optional.)

For example,
    IF Krackenor is Mafia, THEN Ushaara is also Mafia BECAUSE Ushaara would have lied about being killed and then saved by Krackenor. THUS if we kill Krackenor, we would find out about Ushaara.
    IF Sylandra is Mafia, THEN Falmiis is not Mafia BECAUSE Falmiis targeted Sylandra with a Role Block.
    IF Sylandra is Mafia, THEN Kiradawea is not Mafia BECAUSE Sylandra has been pushing beyond a reasonable risk to get Kiradawea killed.
    IF Kiradawea Delays Sylandra, Krackenor, Silvanus, Ushaara, or Cen, THEN Kiradawea is Mafia BECAUSE she would be hindering the town's ability to get information/save itself.
    IF Silvanus is killed, THEN Kiradawea is Mafia BECAUSE Silvanus was investigating her. THUS we should lynch Kiradawea if Silvanus is killed.

Something like this would put the information in an easy to read format, would help people to explicitly state their reasoning, and hopefully cut down on communication problems.
  • Oh, and feel free to play around with the format. This is something I took from one of my classes and adjusted it for here. The purpose is to try and put the information where it can be easily recognized, and to also enforce a causal relationship between statements so that we can easily see logical errors and inconsistencies.
  • Ssaliss said:
    I have to say, I find Cyna's claim to be rather... odd. It seems like a really weird power, not to mention a weird power for town to have. I also have a slight allergy towards non-confirmable passive powers...
    Welcome to Night Vale. Weird is the new normal.
    Falmiis said:
    Alright, let me get this straight. Sylandra is pushing for Kiradawea to get lynched but if she is town then somehow I'm mafia? She's using the fact that Ayisdra was a Lusternian to try to take out as many people as possible. She's playing the lot of you, just like she did in the Los Alamos game.

Lynch Sylandra

So question. What role do you believe I am exactly? What's my goal?

Am I a survivor? If so, why did I make such a full claim just over lynching one, single, solitary person? Why not hop on the Krackenor train that was chugging without my help? I made a second option and extended the argument at the expense of my own safety. If I am playing survivor, I am not playing it to the best of my ability.

So am I the Serial Killer? It would be feasible, due to the roleblock, but it seems that the SK likes to kill with hatchets. My role as Glow Cloud is confirmed by the mod. If I was the SK, why would I kill by those means?

Then I must be a member of the mafia. But why would the Glow Cloud work with a Glomdorian transplant?

It's fine for you to be suspicious of me, but I'd love to know what you think my role is, if not town. What's my win condition, do you think, @Falmiis?
    Daraius said:
  • It -is- totally a weird power though.
  • I don't hate the list.
    It's also quite an oversimplification to say I'm 100% certain Falmiis would be mafia on a Kira flip. It's just that your roles are quite similar, and I expect one of you likely is on the mafia team. I also just commented that if you and Ayisdra were on the same team last night, you had a prime opportunity to frame me knowing the kill would be delayed and I'd be roleblocked, no doubt garnering suspicion. The hypothetical scenario exists, and it's worth mentioning is all.

I also fail to see why my interest in seeing how a Lusternian flips is anti-town, given that, y'know, a Lusternian mafia just died last night. Oh well.
    Daraius said:
    I know I said I'd shut up, but I can't reconcile where the hatchet killer party fits in to Night 2 if it was a townie who vigged Ayisdra. And looking back at Sylandra's list I'm now uncertain on whether we're thinking of the same alternative scenario.

So yeah, so that I can actually get my sights off of the Silvanus/Kira/Cen potential blind alley, I think I need to hear your versions of how Ayisdra was killed? @Melali @Sylandra
    Wait, Falmiis typed "Lynch Sylandra" not "Vote Sylandra." @Ieptix is this a power?
    Daraius said:
  • I don't know what Sylandra's win condition is but I'm willing to bet that she's a third party of some sort. The WIFOM "I wouldn't have claimed if I wasn't town" argument is boring and overused. We need to call her bluff because she is just trying to sow chaos and ensure there's a line of people other than herself to be lynched.