You guys really need to post more logs (and discuss them for the purpose of enhancing the game)

Comments

• I only have like two logs D:
    Your numbers today are:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tell me a way to kill without twist and sure, I'll change my tactics :p

PS I get super proud of myself anytime I force someone to run from me. Totally counting it as wins.

• Lavinya said:

Tell me a way to kill without twist and sure, I'll change my tactics :p

PS I get super proud of myself anytime I force someone to run from me. Totally counting it as wins.

Meteor. B-)

Or more seriously, why would you not use twist?
  • Twist is crazy good. Use it until envoys get their shit together.

Enjoy!

If people cry about you using your class' skills, that's on them.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Envoys? You do realize that reports are more than a year backed up, right?
  • God, Iosai just came back, let her work on catching up. In the mean time there's still new reports to be made.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Twist is easy to counter. Use it until the combatants get their shit together.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2016
    I'm not bashing admins, and it's not a matter of Iosai showing up and needing to pick up some kind of crazy slack that the other coders left behind. The overhaul itself has taken a huge portion of coding resources away from doing stuff like reports.

But it's not like envoys are slouching around with their thumbs up their asses - reports ARE being made, and some of them are pretty significant. Telling envoys to get their shit together displays a lack of understanding of how the system works and how hard people are working to make it work.
  • Twist is easy to counter. Use it until the combatants get their shit together.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yarith said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57hym6ogt4zifbi/StateofPvp.html?raw=1
    PVP

Edit: This is pretty filler. I want fiiights. Post looooogs.

I don't get why they left :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • We apparently Zerged them.
  • edited July 2016
    At the time I believe there was a meld on the northern side in faethorn with no one around who could break it or counter it with 6 vs 4, with me defiantly being a bit of a newbie, so in order to try and make the fight a bit more even we went to cellestia to try and lure you out of faethorn where we could put our own meld down, so the fight was taken to a place where a meld could be built on our side to even the playing field. Although unfortunately the fight didnt go on long and you started to break our meld, as I understand it we fled due to being outnumbered without a meld to even the odds.

I wouldn't call it a zerg but its hard to fight superior numbers and a meld especially if your a bit of a newbie. I think our hope was that you'd just fight us 6v4 in our meld but well I cant really blame you for using every advantage in your favour.
  • edited July 2016
    A. You had the meld on Celestia.
    B. It was 4 vs 3 for you until Sondayga showed up to break your meld. Which made it 4vs4 (incidentally the same as it was in Faethorn, except when it was 3vs1 on Yarith until we showed up)
    C. It was not superior numbers at all. Falmiis showing up was completely on Falmiis (still not a zerg if you having 1 more than us is not a zerg then us having 1 more than you is not a zerg)
    D. I will give you the newbie part.

edit..

Oh you edited. Just for the record I am not saying you called it a Zerg, that was entirely a comment made by someone else that sparked an OOC argument in a different medium. Simply put there was no zerg. There was also no fight. There was death though.
  • Enyalida said:

I'm not bashing admins, and it's not a matter of Iosai showing up and needing to pick up some kind of crazy slack that the other coders left behind. The overhaul itself has taken a huge portion of coding resources away from doing stuff like reports.

But it's not like envoys are slouching around with their thumbs up their asses - reports ARE being made, and some of them are pretty significant. Telling envoys to get their shit together displays a lack of understanding of how the system works and how hard people are working to make it work.

If this is in response to me, my post was drcted at ciaran. I more meant it as Iosai is a power house, and our other administration have been busy with the other major coding required (overhaul, etc) and to give them some slack on catching up. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited July 2016
    Edit: Not worth a partisan fight. We left because Falmiis showed up which tilted the odds, and some of those I was leading were inexperienced non demis. I didn't think we had the collective experience to beat an odds disadvantage, and didn't find it necessary for them to die in enemy territory. So I walked them out.

People don't stop counting just because you get split up or are disorganized.

Zerg wasn't the appropriate word, I'll admit that. You did factually outnumber us when we left, however.

P.S. If you would like to learn how to counter SDs, you can ask nicely. :)
  • Demartel said:

A. You had the meld on Celestia.
    B. It was 4 vs 3 for you until Sondayga showed up to break your meld. Which made it 4vs4 (incidentally the same as it was in Faethorn, except when it was 3vs1 on Yarith until we showed up)
    C. It was not superior numbers at all. Falmiis showing up was completely on Falmiis (still not a zerg if you having 1 more than us is not a zerg then us having 1 more than you is not a zerg)
    D. I will give you the newbie part.

edit..

Oh you edited. Just for the record I am not saying you called it a Zerg, that was entirely a comment made by someone else that sparked an OOC argument in a different medium. Simply put there was no zerg. There was also no fight. There was death though.

Your log does show Auriella, Demartel, Yarith, Sondayga with you, eloae was also in ethereal with you in Faethorn as well.

We had been outnumbered in faethron vs you guys and your meld, which we had no one who could break.

Remember this on celestial is a continuation of an earlier fight from defending in faethorn, plus as you said Falmiis showed up so from our side of it we saw 7ish or so people present that had either been fighting us within the past ten mins or were known to join in raids and defence and fights, we weren't to know that a few of them were not following right behind you. So when you started breaking the meld we assumed we were heavily outnumbered and outgunned.

I mean I've had fights where it looks like theres just one person in the next room then suddenly the people from a few rooms away shop up and one person turns into five.

Like I said we were trying to even up the fight by having the meld and hoping you would just fight in it instead of breaking it but alas you broke it and after being outnumbered before and having near twice the number of enemies within a few seconds travel of you we leged it thinking we were going to be heavily outnumbered on an enemy plane with a meld against us. Alright they may not have join in the fight but when theres that many and someone else just shows up on the plane your attacking you kind of assume that they are going to join in.

I was responding to the question about why someone was wondering why we left.

Plus like I said Im a newbie still, I barley cure aeon right, and my strikes hit like wet noodles so we saw it more as a potential 6 or 7 enemy combatants vs three decents and me :D
  • edited July 2016
    I believe nobody was outnumbered looking at yarith's log but it seems like the north had stronger fighters that we're mainly demigods. So in a way the teams were unbalanced.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited July 2016
    Btw I had enough time to scent and squint around the Pool before I saw them leave the area so don't even count me as being part of that fight.

Oh, if we're going to talk about which side is more experienced and which side should fight in which meld then I can point out many examples where we've been outnumbered/outexperienced and the other side still refused to fight in my meld.

I think it's ridiculous to expect to be able to raid and not have to fight against more people than you had to fight against in Faethorn. For many characters there is a lot more driving them to defend org and ally territory than to fight in a pointless skirmish in de facto neutral territory.
  • edited July 2016
    Lol. "I don't count because you didn't count to 100 after I joined." You joined, so you counted. I don't know what all this meld posturing is about. It's a rare day when anyone willingly fights in a meld without trying to break it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    On a bit of a different note, @CyndarinAscends this log shows what I was talking about, walking into a meldbomb without knowing it's about to go off. That's what I would want changed, to be neutralised or at least weakened.

(Oh, what about the longer you're in the meld while the 12 seconds are counting down, the more damage you take? Someone walking in the last two seconds won't take as much as the person who was in there since you cast it?)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm not the one who brought up the melding. That was Mardella.
  • Should we directly quote the posts the South made about "fighting even when the odds are against you, since that is the best way to learn."?
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited July 2016
    Sure. I don't mind fighting the odds. I advocate for it. I don't, however, make that decision for new players. I wasn't familiar with the people following me other than Ceros. I wasn't going to drag them to their deaths just because I was cool with it. Troll someone else.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Yeah, there's a difference between a waffling demigod being given the encouragement to fight opposing odds for improvement and taking midbies/lowbies into a fight forcibly.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

P.S. If you would like to learn how to counter SDs, you can ask nicely. :)

No don't! I need every advantage I can get!

• edited August 2016
    Pre sure mages can break faethorn, just can't meld it. (Maybe they can't, I'm going off of the ability to break elemental melds)

Also we engaged you in your meld 3v4 before we had a breaker and you walked out of the room. You didn't want to fight I guess.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited August 2016
    Edit: nvm :)
  • edited August 2016
    lol calm down.
  • I always miss it. Always come back to the edits, dang it.
    Your numbers today are:
This discussion has been closed.