Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Incidentally, I thought a good joke would be that salting an area would dampen the Druidry Vines effect : ^)

• Maligorn said:
    Incidentally, I thought a good joke would be that salting an area would dampen the Druidry Vines effect : ^)
    :( 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Lehki said:
    I'm just sad I can't spread them as a druid. Oh well. 
    I know, right? City Guardian's are better at spreading nature than we are. :(
    It's all part of the great forest agenda. We get them to do all the heavy lifting in destroying each other with nature :P
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You know your brain is fried by the semester when you type DROP LAST.ESSAY over and over, confused as to why your scroll won't land in the stockroom.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    And now my arguments are completely undermined by the fact that some Mags are now vining other cities. Thanks guys.

• No, it is not. You can, and should, continue to take a stance against pointless vining - or against vining entirely, if you want. For one, you certainly didn't set any down yourself, and the fact that your citymates engage in such behavior absolutely does not weaken the reason for your distaste of the mechanic.

• I think I'm just used to the fact that mafia games now take at least 6 months.
  • Qistrel said:
    And now my arguments are completely undermined by the fact that some Mags are now vining other cities. Thanks guys.

You could generously assume that by exacerbating the problem, they are drawing further attention to it in the hope of an early resolution.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I don't normally say sentimental drivel like 'we are all connected' - but this last vine attack simultaneously hit Hallifax, Mag and Acknor (which is Celest's) because roads. And I seriously doubt that was intended, unless there's an 'all cities must burn' faction somewhere.

• #ThanksLerad

(And reallllly, thanks Qistrel for the heads up)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Qistrel said:
    I don't normally say sentimental drivel like 'we are all connected' - but this last vine attack simultaneously hit Hallifax, Mag and Acknor (which is Celest's) because roads. And I seriously doubt that was intended, unless there's an 'all cities must burn' faction somewhere.
    There's aspects of both communes that are keen on reducing cities to rubble and returning to nature.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Vines are fricking hilarious.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Seems pretty bad. Celest and the outside roads are completely overrun by vines atm, and newbies be dying. I suppose these guys are supposed to spend most of their play time salting places?
  • Saying it again, they need to not leave the area they're created in.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Falmiis said:
    They need to not exist.
    They need to not exist.
  • Falmiis said:
    They need to not exist.
    COMMUNE - CITY EQUALITY!!!
    Grief and be griefed! (This seems to be the opinion of certain people.)
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
    It's the same exact problem as totem chopping, but without any of the complications of power generation that ostensibly prop up that awful mechanic. There is zero point to fires and vines except to disrupt and frustrate other player's play time with no IC implications or goals. It's 100% just to troll players. We can have a gentleman's agreement to not start fires/vines, but one troll (terrorist?) unravels that for everyone. 
  • Enyalida said:
    It's the same exact problem as totem chopping, but without any of the complications of power generation that ostensibly prop up that awful mechanic. There is zero point to fires and vines except to disrupt and frustrate other player's play time with no IC implications or goals. It's 100% just to troll players. We can have a gentleman's agreement to not start fires/vines, but one troll (terrorist?) unravels that for everyone. 
    Completly agreed it just takes one person to start cutting down the trees and then the other side has to respond ICly.

• I'm perfectly fine with making statues work like totems. Just give communes more essence dropping mobs that respawn like elemental ones. Mag can gather mutts to drop at the Necromentate and it will produce a fossilized dog turd for every ten mutts dropped. Five dog turds turn in to three <something disgusting> and so on!

I'm bored...
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    edited December 2016
    Yep. In the short term, just make the existing Ethereal essence creatures respawn and add a few, instead of tying their spawning to the fae gathering. We did the math on it, and you'd then just need to bump the power gain on fae a tiny bit (or again add a small few) and it would be roughly equivalent, provided that each forest got on average half of the fae gathers. 
  • ...What is so wrong with just hunting out elemental planes instead. Are communes' allies really giving them such a hard time about it? If so, are they really your allies? <<

• This is assuming statues work like totems. You would be getting passive power. We are talking equality here. Giving statues passive power but not giving communes access to a defend-able territory with respawning essence mobs would just be a buff to statues.
    edited December 2016
    The point is to make Cities and Communes have equivalent power generation. You could still do that, and cities could then still farm commune essence, but each nation would have roughly equivalent "native" and safe power generation. That, and the overall power generation on average would remain about even provided all the sands get used. 
    edited December 2016
    I'd assume it would work the other way. Don't give power generation to statues, just take it away from totems. 

EDIT: It'd be like taking away cosmic power generation from cities and going "Well, just come to the forest territories that they can lock you out of if politics change and where you don't have any kind of home field advantage and make the power there!". Not cool. Heck, the elemental planes are easier for their aligned nation to bogart than ethereal ever will be too!
  • edited December 2016
    So long as they function equally I do not care. Since we seem to be pro-grief mechanics let us chop statues that only function when a small subset of the city can bond to it and they require constant upkeep. Not that this will even happen.
  • Also: preemptively pointing out fae gathering is not the same as influencing cosmic mobs. Anyone can gather fae.
    Yeah, and even assuming that cities don't poach fae it's a resource "shared" by two opposed  nations. That's why you'd need to bump the power you get from a full clear somewhat to make it math out and give a small number of extra essence creatures or a small buff to the prime power quest or something. 
  • Still slightly bitter about stinky fae nerfing the power generation btw.
    Yeah. Welcome to being a commune: any new feature that involves the forests has... the status quo as a "win condition" and the lose condition screws the commune. So if on average you win it (or even if the dramatic majority of the time you win it) you still are worse off than before because you have to do or safeguard a quest just to maintain the existing situation. Look at the Plaxios quest (Which is thankfully borked). Forests "win" by not allowing the weather systems to get screwed. Hifirae Hills... Tar pits... Stinky fae... The Serenguard quest (Was that ever fixed/removed?)... It's the same for events too, forests (particularly Serenwilde?) wins by managing to barely cling to some part of what was at stake. 
This discussion has been closed.