Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rivius said:
    Does the new trap change affect springs too? how do they work now?
    If the change hasn't gone live, Iosai put up details to test them.  On the test server, all traps changed to one per room.  They work the exact same way, just no longer by exit-- so entering the room from any direction (or leaving to any direction if you were already in it) triggers it.
    Trap-reply-overload.  :P
  • When people go back to your old, unrelated posts to revenge mark as abuse. Don't we have less petty things to do?
    edited November 2016
    Falmiis said:
    When people go back to your old, unrelated posts to revenge mark as abuse. Don't we have less petty things to do?
    I would think so, but unfortunately, people are petty enough to flag posts as abuse when they do not break any forum rules (and do not bother to flag those of their friends, to boot).  Oh well.

Edit: PS, the Abuse flag is for breaking forum rules, not for "I don't like you."  It sends notices to the admin.  Also unfortunately, we don't have a way to appeal abuse of the Abuse flag, so again, oh well.
  • So, it's not against the forum rules to heavily imply that Enyalida is a hypocrite? Just trying to understand here.

edited November 2016
    Maligorn said:
    So, it's not against the forum rules to heavily imply that Enyalida is a hypocrite? Just trying to understand here.
    When someone says something hypocritical, it is not against forum rules to say that, no.  And it certainly is not (edit:) more against forum rules than someone out-of-the-blue accusing someone else of "naked hatred".
  • So you're saying it's justifiable to return fire on something that "breaks the rules" with something that also "breaks the rules". Hmm.

Like, say, going back to arbitrarily flag someone's posts because you were flagged, forcing the admin to read all of it.

• Maligorn said:
    So, it's not against the forum rules to heavily imply that Enyalida is a hypocrite? Just trying to understand here.
    Lots of things are always justified when we do it, and bad when it's somebody else.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Maligorn said:
    So you're saying it's justifiable to return fire on something that "breaks the rules" with something that also "breaks the rules". Hmm.

Like, say, going back to arbitrarily flag someone's posts because you were flagged, forcing the admin to read all of it.
    Give us the ability to contest / report abuse of the Abuse flags and I'd be all over that instead.  Alternatively, we could all just unflag each other (I'm fine with that too).

I'd far prefer a reduction to the negative flags, though.  I strongly feel that they serve very little purpose.  Give us the ability to report a post (like the old forums had) and leave it at that.  Abuse / spam / off topic / disagree flags aren't really necessary.  The way these forums are set up, this is the only way to reply.  As I said, it's unfortunate, and I would love to have other options instead.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    FYI, the fink racial bonus gives a 0.50% bonus to critical hits when aetherhunting.

Qistrel said:
    FYI, the fink racial bonus gives a 0.50% bonus to critical hits when aetherhunting.
    The numbers are pretty surprising, really.  Some things give way less than I thought they would (kirigami, catsluck), and some give way more (critical hit food).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait, how are we finding out these numbers?
    Luce said:
    I submitted an envoy report for BODYSCAN CRITICALS.  It went live today! :D
  • Luce said:
    *************************[ Bodyscan - Critical Hits ]**************************
    Stat                  Effect                                     Value      Max
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Denizens              Level                                     42.18%  100.00%
    Denizens              Kirigami                                   0.50%  100.00%
    Denizens              Promotional Clover                         4.00%  100.00%
                            Total                                   46.68%

Aethercraft           Aethercraft Skill                         36.00%  100.00%
    Aethercraft           Kirigami                                   0.50%  100.00%
    Aethercraft           Promotional Clover                         4.00%  100.00%
                            Total                                   40.50%

*******************************************************************************

• Xenthos said:
    Luce said:
    I submitted an envoy report for BODYSCAN CRITICALS.  It went live today! :D
    BODYSCAN XP as well please? *grabby hands*
  • Veyils said:
    Also:

Totally me. 
    Definitely.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    She's coming for your title of PvP menace, Dylara. Better step your game up. How about I send you an invitation to tea and you BALL IT UP AND CHUCK IT AT HALLIFAX.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Veyils said:
    Luce said:
    stuff

I'm assuming the increasing crit levels are an exponential function? Like, if your odds of a crit are x%, Your odds are X% for Critical hit, (X^2)% for Crushing, (X^3)% for Annihilating, etc?
  • Tremula said:
    She's coming for your title of PvP menace, Dylara. Better step your game up. How about I send you an invitation to tea and you BALL IT UP AND CHUCK IT AT HALLIFAX.

We need to have tea and rp more :smile:
    edited November 2016
    Luce said:
    Veyils said:
    Luce said:
    stuff

I'm assuming the increasing crit levels are an exponential function? Like, if your odds of a crit are x%, Your odds are X% for Critical hit, (X^2)% for Crushing, (X^3)% for Annihilating, etc?
    HELP CRITICALS also just got added to explain this in more depth.

Critical hits
    -------------

As you get to some of the higher experience levels, you will begin to score
    critical hits more and more often. There are five levels of critical hit,
    ranging from:

CRITICAL                          : 2x damage
    CRUSHING CRITICAL                 : 4x damage
    OBLITERATING CRITICAL             : 8x damage
    ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL  : 16x damage
    WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL         : 32x damage

Note: if you have a 10% chance to score a standard critical hit, then you have
    a 10% chance for a standard critical to become a crushing critical hit, and a
    10% chance for a crushing critical to become an obliterating critical hit, etc.

In aethership vs. denizen combat, crew members can score critical hits while
    manning a battle turret. The chance of critical hits there is determined by
    one's skill in Aethercraft rather than level, however.

Note that certain denizens are immune to critical hits - notably city and
    commune guards and certain extraordinarily powerful denizens (ie, the Demon
    Lords of Nil).

• Tremula said:
    Who do you think encouraged her on her path to Menacehood?

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Are we still having petty flag wars? Please stop with  the "I don't like that you flagged me so I'll go back and flag your stuff" It's childish and leads to absolutely nothing considered productive.

Also pointing out hypocrisy isn't against the forum rules. Unless you think being called a hypocrite, when you are, is somehow offensive.

In which case I offer the following solution, don't be such a hypocrite.

Also, wow Fink crit is rather a low bonus. 0.5% on top of 42% from skill+L3 rune.

Also, new goal set to attain 100% crit.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (Psst Flag wars was soo yesterday, why stir that hornet's nest up again)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Don't you remember? Half of PK is poking hornets' nests on the forums. 

The other half is lag.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Synkarin said:
    (Psst Flag wars was soo yesterday, why stir that hornet's nest up again)
    Gah, just saw the date. Tweets moving slow today that yesterday's news is still on the latest page.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited November 2016
    Wtb faethorn resolution 

I would be happy with self-respawning Daughters and Ladies, then Maeve can enjoy her fiery vacation.
  • Kill Maeve :)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.