Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    WTB more @CyndarinAscends logs pls. And any other 'mancer, but I've been 4/5 of them (I'm counting one druid guild as both) and I'm having a hard time remembering Pyromancer combat from their side.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • UNLEASH STAFF
    BEAST ORDER BREATHE FIRE FALMIIS
    POINT STAFF FALMIIS

:(
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I just remember seeing someone die to Pyro twirl staff and I'm so hype to read more mage combat. Also it's 5 in the morning why am I awake?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    I just remember seeing someone die to Pyro twirl staff and I'm so hype to read more mage combat. Also it's 5 in the morning why am I awake?
    It's only 4am if that makes you feel any better
  • Falmiis said:
    UNLEASH STAFF
    BEAST ORDER BREATHE FIRE FALMIIS
    POINT STAFF FALMIIS

:(
    WRONG, NOOB. I twirl staff if my beast breathes fire. It does more damage.
  • I now have the image of Celina as a flaming baton, twirling lady, seared into my brain...
  • Shaddus said:
    Please don't put a line in your newbie scroll about asking for an orientation if said orientation is just going to be someone telling you to read the newbie scroll.
    Super belated, but I can agree with this. And honestly, if "Read the scroll." is the orientation, it's better not to suggest they take an orientation. Enyalida's "If you would like an orientation--" idea is a good one. I, personally, try to accommodate every newbie who comes into Glomdoring, whether they're a Shadowdancer or not; sure, I can't do orientations for every guild, since I'm not of those guilds, but you can take five minutes to read the CGHELP scroll for that specific guild and make up an orientation if you absolutely have to.

Orientations are mostly just giving a bit of background on the org/guild, teaching the skills (which can be learned from Miakoda, Brennan, Fraesic, etc. so you don't have to teach the newbie yourself) and helping them get oriented. If you don't have time, that's understandable; maybe instead of suggesting that they read the scroll, explain that you can't assist them right now because you're mindless, busy, etc. and suggest they learn what's been listed in the scroll, and to ask questions if they need answers over CGT -- that way, anyone can help them if they need help.

You'll retain Newbies better if you foster them better. 98% of why I don't stick to an alt/character occurs in the first 30 minutes, based on how the organization reacts to me being there. If they don't feel welcome, or feel it's too confusing, they're going to leave unless they're good at orienting themselves (and even then, they might leave because they can't break into the RP of the org).
  • edited April 2016
    Bards: New instrument - Guitar.

Brb goin' Cacophony, time to rock out.

Guitars: Deleted.

Noooooo.
  • edited April 2016
    Instead of April Fools jokes, can we just ban anyone who makes them from the game?
  • edited April 2016
    System updates. Do them.

Edit: Wow, and no quicksilver against Institute. Noob x 2 combo.
  • I thought this year's joke was pretty cute.
  • edited April 2016
    @Thul I love you really! If it wasn't for the lack of quicksilver and a little bit of foresight giving me more love than I deserve I would have been donezo!

Edit: I really wasn't expecting the gank and I haven't seen the psionic blocking skill used in ages. I was wondering if everyone on my side got sick of me D:
    I didn't have my crystals up either so don't worry! We both screwed up
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The problem with parallax is that it doesn't have a flares mode :C
  • I loved the Guardians of the Aetherspace one. Though they'd totally need one of the wood races accompanying them in order to make a full team.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in pumpkin paper, which sprays glittering silver dust and 
    cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly store sandalwood oil in your rift.
    You've unwrapped an EXCEPTIONAL present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

Even the presents are trolling me today.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    This is @CyndarinAscends:

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited April 2016
    Shedrin said:

Brb goin' Cacophony, time to rock out.

Noooooo.
    I wanted this so badly. I am crushed.

Also, best emote ever: Smiling to herself, @Narynth says, "Go make like a shard and split!"
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • edited April 2016
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2574
    Date: 4/1/2016 at 21:33
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Latest Changes and Balances

As we continue to push through the overhaul we're making corrections to various abilities and skills. The following changes are going to be live
    shortly:

Archtype changes:

Druids: Now require high magic to learn.
    Guardians: If you get five of them out in an aethership, they become
    Guardians of the Aetherspace. No mechanical changes but it's a cool
    title you can give yourselves for free, you're welcome.

Knighthood: Now renamed "Warrior" considering nearly everyone calls them that. We're just playing catchup here.

Mages: Now require low magic to learn.

Monks: We attempted to delete them, but as many have noted, they're too overpowered and resisted our efforts. Sorry.

Warrior: Renamed Knighthood.

Wicca: Fixed a typo that has existed since concept, and caused a glaring miscommunication, now changed to "Wicker." Skills will be changed to reflect the archtype's expertise in basket weaving.

Skill and Skillset changes.

Aeon: Now comes with a toggle, Aeoff. We're not sure what it actually
    does yet, if anything.

Choke: After much deliberation we've decided to add choke after the
    passionate arguments of several of you. However, it only seems fair
    everyone gets it. CHOKE away.

Crucify: We toyed with a few ideas here but couldn't quite nail anything.

Full: Now allows for a rather impressive belch afterwards, undoing the
    top button on your trousers, however, remains completely optional.

High magic: Renamed low magic, all skills reworked to appropirately suit this.

Inquisition: Now also sends copy pastes of winning prestige books to
    your target's screen. Nobody expects the spammish inquisition.

Low magic: Renamed high magic, all skills reworked to appropriately suit this.

Reality: Now reminds anyone hit by it that they're only playing Lusternia, not actually living in it.

Static Field: Now a suitably hair raising experience.

Other changes.

An arena has been created for Aetherspace combat. This already existed but we just wanted to remind you it's there.

After much deliberation we've decided to unpeace the Aetherplex.

The following entities have had their damage adjusted slightly to be more in line with post overhaul player mitigation:

Captain Turval

Gemli Vonglori

Hyacinth Clarramore

Mebor Greenhunt

These should now be in line with everything else, apologies to anyone
    who has had difficulties with them recently.

After much deliberation we've decided to pacify the Aetherplex.

The % chance to spawn a black dragon when using SIPHON has been increased.

The % chance to spawn anything else but a black dragon when using SIPHON has also been increased.

Quests that reward players with a curio piece have been adjusted to ensure that 90% of the time it is the curio piece you already have.

We hope players will adapt quickly to these changes, and that the long term balance of the game will be improved by them.

Penned by My hand on the 24th of Vestian, in the year 438 CE.

~

WOot!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    How funny would it be if the choke thing was true.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Let's just say I would be gaming the hell out of the curio thing.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    How funny would it be if the choke thing was true.
    choke
    You grasp at your throat with both hands as you suddenly find it difficult to breathe.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    "After much deliberation we've decided to unpeace the Aetherplex."

MAKE IT SO
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Kaimanahi said:
    "After much deliberation we've decided to unpeace the Aetherplex."

MAKE IT SO
    I wish.
  • Thanks @Thul you know what you did.
  • Just a real quick shoutout to @Cyndarin.

Was thinking the other day about some of the cool RP several years ago when Celina got kicked out of Glom for being a Fainite. Shortly after, Tynghall followed and she helped get him into Fain's order.

I look fondly upon these olden times.
    come2mag
  • Teaching about the fae and Glomdoring to people with really stubborn ideas is the best RP I've had in a while. #wyrdlife.
This discussion has been closed.