Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• Today I learned that I can simply "Recharge all from cube" instead of trying to remember all the enchantments I had! Neat.

• Oi that is useful.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Useful info from a relatively recent change, all astral mobs are targetable with ASTRALBEAST, all mobs on elemental plains are similarly targetable, e.g. AIRBEAST for things on air and FIREBEAST for things on fire.
  • Erinya said:

TIL: The command is SCRUB!

I was too embarrassed to ask on the public channels and tried SO MANY THINGS before figuring that out :'(

I think some of the most memorable novicehood moments involve figuring things out for yourself. Even if it takes forever, even if you smell so bad the swamps around you pack up and leave. It's those things that you look upon so fondly when you're all "grown up". One of those for me, from another mud, involved almost starving to death, feeling the mounting urgency, because I could not figure out how to board the ferry that I was taught would take me to a place that served free food. The syntax was EMBARK. :D

Cherish those! 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    One of the very very first things I did in Lusternia was drown in Moon River :( . Because I didn't understand that I couldn't swim.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    TIL that it's PLAY BLACKJACK and not SIT TABLE. I half-knew that, since I have played a little blackjack already since I came back, but I apparently didn't remember all the way.

sit table
    You attempt to sit on a beautiful blackjack table, but you miss and land with a bump.
    You lose purchase on a sparkling amethyst thunderbird.

I'm just imagining what this would actually look like and laughing at myself. At least now I won't forget again.

(Also, if you happen to be on the ground for reasons, and you try to stand on your hand, you'll first have to stand up before you can tell the dealer what you meant. Sigh.)
  • alright, there are a few things you should know about the Cay- first off, you're definitely going to need to wait until Telperion's not on- he's developed just a biiiit of an obsession with it. Secondly, you're going to need a Gem of Cloaking; ask for a loan from one of your citymates. Thirdly, you don't actually need to do quite a bit of the work- the quest locks to whoever puts the talisman in the dais once its fully poisoned or blessed, and that doesn't need to be the same person who empowered the spheres or slew the starfish.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • TIL Shit always goes down when I'm shrubbed. Elections everywhere, riots in the street, liberties taken, scandals revealed, rampant chaos.

Stop having fun without me :(
  • edited July 2015
    Sedanas said:

Deary me. Today I learned how utterly impossible and punishable hard the Cay quest is. I've been attempting it so much as of late that I've been losing sleep over it, hoping I could do it while no one online could ruin the quest. It's pressing on my patience, which, once upon a time, was an infinite resource ;_;

I'll just have to keep trying until Celest/Serenwilde/Hallifax tires out first, or I'm killed enough that I fall to level one. Either or.

Oh god, was laughing so fricken hard at all this. So true.

Edit: Also yes, Telperion's obsession with Cay is slightly frightening...even we have gotten creeped out. I truly believe he has stayed up with cups of coffee during the last sea battle just to make sure no one takes it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Are they declaring him to hinder so he's easier to shatter?

If that's the case, then Sedanas needs to just stop curing and die, get that status, or have your goonsquad ready to rush in and murder.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That is truly awesome. I heard about it going on, but sadly, was dealing with internal politics. I'll have to see about evening up the score next time.
  • The pic of a stag made me blurt out laughing in a public location. Damn you @Sedanas.
  • More comics please. I'm still waiting on your amazing drawing of Salome. @Sedanas :3

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    TIL heavy concussions in Lusternia are the ultimate evil. yikes :-/
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Today I learned that @Sedanas makes comics of the most hilarious things. I need more. Get this kid his own thread.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    TODAY I learned that there is a character limit to the room appearance of items, and I crossed it with my lovely little jakari.

I ALSO learned that Divine Review means the Charites are being asked to look it over, not that it needs to be sent to one of the Elder Gods for approval first. 

• What is the limit?
    @Kaalak I'll let you know when I find out. Asked for an exact number.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Tremula said:

I ALSO learned that Divine Review means the Charites are being asked to look it over, not that it needs to be sent to one of the Elder Gods for approval first. 
    It can mean either.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
     Today I learned that the reason I can never seem to save enough for another manse room is because I spend all my gold on indirect donations to my orgs almost as soon as I get it.

Eesh.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TIL Forging Repair does, quite literally, nothing mechanics wise.
  • It doesn't increase duration?

• Today I learned that even Ninja's can be out-ninja'd ;^)

• Tylwyth said:
    It doesn't increase duration?
    I issued myself to ask what it did:

Message #2 sent by Oneiroi (received: 2015/08/01 20:33:18)
       Greetings. In answer to Issue #2975, forging repair repairs any damage to armor as shown as 
    ARMSTAT, though armor damage doesn't currently do anything. Thank you!
  • Renthur said:
    Tylwyth said:
    It doesn't increase duration?
    I issued myself to ask what it did:

Message #2 sent by Oneiroi (received: 2015/08/01 20:33:18)
       Greetings. In answer to Issue #2975, forging repair repairs any damage to armor as shown as 
    ARMSTAT, though armor damage doesn't currently do anything. Thank you!
    Wonder is that a legacy coding thing. Or a prep for implementing a diabloII-esque "duration" stats for armor...

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Today I learned that some people delete all their messages so I can't check MSGS CONVERSATION <you know who you are> to see what I've messaged them in the past.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."