Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shuyin said:

Casuals. 22250 for me. No problems.

How do you get to that without the Tend to Steed ability?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:
    Ilistala gets to somewhere around 24.5k I think. If you get armour, your beast will not lose a third of its health in fifteen seconds. It is an extraordinarily powerful skill that makes beasts all but invincible. If you don't have it, it would be far better to buy it than to complain about untanky beasts, imo. Especially because you can now add a ton of trains via reagents. If you choose not to have armour, you are making a clear decision that you want your pet to be murderable.
    So what you're saying is... everyone that can afford 125 credits can have armour. Okay, good to know.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Probably put a significant amount into body trains and little to none in the others.
    Or can live without one-two of the other beast powers. Or can choose to have a squishy beast. You know, just like everything else in this game. You can play without credits, but your choices are harder.
  • KioKio
    edited September 2013
    Uhh. Beasts do way more than anyone's given them credit for. Knights with power attacks to the head followed by a spit mantakaya hack down, sleep cloud healer wiccans, hypnotic gaze for anyone stacking mental affs, aero pets help TP out a bunch, pyro pets are why getting solo cremated are even possible. And that's just a small list of the offensive ways beasts help.

Bodyguard has saved my life in a group I don't know how many times. A lot of people are really good at using the beast cures to supplement their systems, as well. A beast is nothing but a boon to its owner in combat. Killing a beast not only reduces its owner's offense, but their defense as well. Heck, even if you just have bodyguard, killing your beast is like stripping you of a 500cr artifacts for an hour. I'm willing to bet no one really kills beasts completely out of spite. Sure, if someone's custom beast is chillin', my character's gonna attack it because it, by extension, is an enemy.

I totally agree with a 60 second death timer. In fact, I'm totally fine with removing any experience loss on death or burnout. Losing all your defenses, corpses, and time in PvE is a setback enough. In PvP, 60 seconds is going to go a long way to help with the ascendants who just revive, skip deffing, then touch a bubblix because what's stopping them? It's not like dying really matters to them. With a 60 second timer, we really have no reason to have experience/essence loss on deaths at all.
    Bodyguard does nothing to help against players as it doesn't work to prevent player attacks. Considering my pet has phoenix anyway, worst case scenario, if I go bashing immediately after dying, I'll be missing bodyguard for 8.5 minutes (Not sure who takes 10 minutes to def up, it's actually quite mind-boggling to even consider), so no... it's not a hit to my defensive capability at all. Pyro beasts aren't the only reason for getting solo cremated. I could cremate someone in 12 seconds on my pyro solo without even once using my beast... and I don't really see how aeromancy pets help TP out a bunch. It's not like they give a massive affliction that can't be cured in under 5 seconds. Then again, TP is so screwy these days you can probably only pull off TP kills with debating. But anyway, going off on a tangent. People -will- kill pets out of spite. I'm sure if I told you who it was, you're likely to agree with me that it was done with that in mind, but whatever... I didn't know SDs could be tinkers to make them rose glasses you seem to be looking at the world through.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
     People -will- kill pets out of spite. I'm sure if I told you who it was, you're likely to agree with me that it was done with that in mind, but whatever... I didn't know SDs could be tinkers to make them rose glasses you seem to be looking at the world through.
    I assume the irony in this was intentional, you didn't seriously just view somethng from an irratational skewed perceptive and then accuse other people of the same did you? Anyway, I don't know of anyone who kills your beast just because it's yours, I know plenty of people who clear out beasts after combat to take an edge in a fight they otherwise wouldn't get. Personally, the only beasts I bother killing on principle (and by this I mean if I find it outside of combat on Prime unattended, I will declare to kill it) are the couple that metagame other players actions in their enter/exit emotes, because they look stupid.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Morkarion said:
    Elanorwen said:
     People -will- kill pets out of spite. I'm sure if I told you who it was, you're likely to agree with me that it was done with that in mind, but whatever... I didn't know SDs could be tinkers to make them rose glasses you seem to be looking at the world through.
    I assume the irony in this was intentional, you didn't seriously just view somethng from an irratational skewed perceptive and then accuse other people of the same did you? Anyway, I don't know of anyone who kills your beast just because it's yours, I know plenty of people who clear out beasts after combat to take an edge in a fight they otherwise wouldn't get. Personally, the only beasts I bother killing on principle (and by this I mean if I find it outside of combat on Prime unattended, I will declare to kill it) are the couple that metagame other players actions in their enter/exit emotes, because they look stupid.
    Huh... I know one of those beasts (and I agree, but anyway)... as to the clearing out after combat, well... people were still fighting, someone took the time to target my beast and stand there, trying to bash it. I call that intentionally killing someone's pet just to spite/annoy.

Morkarion said:
    Elanorwen said:
    ...Personally, the only beasts I bother killing on principle (and by this I mean if I find it outside of combat on Prime unattended, I will declare to kill it) are the couple that metagame other players actions in their enter/exit emotes, because they look stupid...
    That's not metagaming.
    Rivius said:
    That's not metagaming.
    Yeah, it's called godmodding, but eh... I'm sure you knew what he meant.

edited September 2013
    Rivius said:
    Morkarion said:
    Elanorwen said:
    ...Personally, the only beasts I bother killing on principle (and by this I mean if I find it outside of combat on Prime unattended, I will declare to kill it) are the couple that metagame other players actions in their enter/exit emotes, because they look stupid...
    That's not metagaming.
    I meant godmodding, it's a form of metaRP.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I do not personally have an issue with beasts that react on entry/exit. The ones I have an issue with are the ones that have an emote "dictating" my movements. No, I am not fleeing. I am not retreating. I am walking around normally on Prime and happened to pass you by. You are not even attacking me, so how does it make sense that I am running away?

Those are the stupid / annoying pets to me. It is possible to have a message that does not godmode, you know.
  • Ho hum. That's what I get for thinking in the morning. Even barring bodyguard, having an extra focus body/mind is immense. But hey, you didn't point that out, so I'm assuming you just ignored it.

It's okay, though. You're right. Fine. I'll admit it. Yea, we kill your beast because we hate you and want to grief you. Oh, and we stop your quests because we want to grief you. Oh, and we make your connection lag because we want to grief you.

There. You got want you wanted.

My tweet: Sunday needs to come faster. I want my kid.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    All body trains with my mind spells as inherents.
    Kio said:
    Ho hum. That's what I get for thinking in the morning. Even barring bodyguard, having an extra focus body/mind is immense. But hey, you didn't point that out, so I'm assuming you just ignored it. It's okay, though. You're right. Fine. I'll admit it. Yea, we kill your beast because we hate you and want to grief you. Oh, and we stop your quests because we want to grief you. Oh, and we make your connection lag because we want to grief you. There. You got want you wanted. My tweet: Sunday needs to come faster. I want my kid.
    Don't use focus body/mind on the beast, so didn't think it was worth mentioning. Not sure why you're taking it as a personal attack on you either. I intentionally didn't say the name of the person because... as stated... he knows who he is. If you're going to go out of your way to not defend your plane from the enemies still running around to kill someone's beast, then you're obviously doing it with the main purpose being to annoy the owner. But hey, keep saying that I have the most dangerous beast out there. I'm sure Uanor is feeling really perky over the praise.

• I took nothing as a personal attack.
    As you flee like the coward you are to the %direction%, Ilistala lunges at you with teeth bared. You manage to evade her, heart thundering in your chest, but find yourself with the overwhelming urge to ensure you still have all your limbs...

^--- Godmoding taken to its eventual and natural conclusion. Nobody wants this, I think, but there are already some pets that come close.
    I wish I wasn't forced to Godmod gag at your messy eating at the Ravenwood :(

Morkarion said:
    I wish I wasn't forced to Godmod gag at your messy eating at the Ravenwood :(
    Yeah, that one is a bit meh... especially if you have crow yourself and do it on a regular basis too. Never quite made sense to me.

edited September 2013
    I tell people to try it all the time. Some even take me up on it. They still keep gagging, for some reason. :(

Honestly though, there is no reason for a third person message for that.
    Wait is my beast lame like that.
    Yours might be, the snorting in frustration is fine but I do not remember if you used "leaves" or "retreats". I think you did leaves, Rivius' does retreats, and some Mag S-thing calls people names (in a very awkward fashion).

If you have leaves though, I have no problem with that; it is descriptive of the action without forcing additional meaning onto the individual who moved.

Again, though, this is my personal view on the matter.
    Certainly agree. One reason I had mine as enemy departs.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shuyin said:
    All body trains with my mind spells as inherents.
    Whoa there big spender.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Not that many mind spells worth getting. Chameleon gust minorbreath and sleepcloud mostly
    Gust is body, but yeah, the rest are pretty much (YMMV) the only ones worth picking up.

Body trains cover the large majority of everything worth getting.

edited September 2013
    Ego spells rock. In fact, I'm deeply considering putting more into ego whenever I can afford it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2013

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2013
    The following comments were made regarding the design:
    "seal" must be the main noun in the dropped, rather than "cylinder".
    Dropped must contain the main noun (seal).

X_X ~X( :((

I was so concerned with weeding out the tiny spelling or grammar issues that usually get my designs rejected that I forgot designing 101.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
This discussion has been closed.