Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The only numbers generated are sourced from hitting someone's beast with it and checking after each hit.

IIRC when whips came out they were scaled to PvE wise do the same damage as destruction. However that never really got clarified because Destruction scales with intellect so we've no idea at what point they went "that seems fair".

The upshot of whips is unlike other attacks, they don't scale off strength or intellect, so you can play a low strength race with fast balance and your damage is still higher than it would be with weapon swings.

So you can take race such as faeling or aslaran (who can max out at a decent strength for PK but not top end for bashing) and their balance bonus will attack faster without having low damage numbers. High end crits with a whip will one shot most things, and the damage shift will kill their buddy.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    The only numbers generated are sourced from hitting someone's beast with it and checking after each hit.

IIRC when whips came out they were scaled to PvE wise do the same damage as destruction. However that never really got clarified because Destruction scales with intellect so we've no idea at what point they went "that seems fair".

The upshot of whips is unlike other attacks, they don't scale off strength or intellect, so you can play a low strength race with fast balance and your damage is still higher than it would be with weapon swings.

So you can take race such as faeling or aslaran (who can max out at a decent strength for PK but not top end for bashing) and their balance bonus will attack faster without having low damage numbers. High end crits with a whip will one shot most things, and the damage shift will kill their buddy.
    Do we know what the damage % modifier is for different levels of reistance/weakness to damage type?
  • It's sad that everyone has a pious whip though :(. Just kills the dark atmosphere in bashing.
  • Arcanis said:
    It's sad that everyone has a pious whip though :(. Just kills the dark atmosphere in bashing.
    What is the attack message? Would be nice to customize it to it's a whip of sedduction or something.
  • Daganev said:
    Arcanis said:
    It's sad that everyone has a pious whip though :(. Just kills the dark atmosphere in bashing.
    What is the attack message? Would be nice to customize it to it's a whip of sedduction or something.
    something about the whip striking and a holy light exploding out with the song of angels or some such.
  • Lavinya customized her whip to be a "dark whip of Ouroborian reprimand" or something, but it still does the paeons of praise thing when you hit something with it.
  • edited September 2014
    So someone was kind enough to lend me their whip.  I compared the whip to attacking with my weapon with 180 damage, and 21 str, and 3 second balance to the whip's presumed 3.5 second balance. (but likely slower since I was a tae'dae)

Creatures that took me 6 hits to kill with a weapon and no crits, took 4 with the whip.  Creatures that took 5 to kill with a weapon, took 3 with the whip.  When no crits were involved and no weaknesses.  So very clear improvement.  Definilty worth it for warriors.

Completley unrelated:  I want to make sure I get this right.  If I am a human, with autumn, knowledge blessing, goldentonic, and a legendary Ikon, I get 500% XP gain for 1 hour each IC month?
  • DysDys
    edited September 2014
    I'm sure it's not that much. Human is something like 20% and autumn and harmony are about 10% each.

XP boost stacking thread:
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/1434/experience-boost-stacking/p1
    Ikon would be influencing only. Autumn + Harmony blessing + Human would be about 30%, and golden tonic another 100% ontop. You'd have 130%. 330% with influencing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was told the attack line for the whips could not be customised, sadly. So instead I customised my whip (You are wielding the malevolent whip of Ouroborian reprimand), and the story behind it is that one of Morgfyre's priests altered it somewhat - it still uses divinus damage but now I can happily declare it to be Morgfyre-twisted divinus, which sits much better with my character! I really really would have loved to be able to customise that attack message though...

• Wooo, wild nodes. I stole a node. Scaryist thing I've done all IRL month.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Solo aetherflaring observation: you will always need more than three bombards unless you have more than one ship up. I don't know why this is.
  • edited September 2014
    Not sure what you're saying there. Do you mean bombard waves? In my experience it takes more than three individual bombards no matter how many ships you have: I think it takes five or six ships to claim in a single wave.

If it takes more individual bombards to claim with a solo ship than with more, then the likely explanation is that attunement gradually degrades (I don't know if it does).

It's important to note that when an org gains points the others lose points. This includes colossi and such. That could also explain what you're seeing: I don't know the precise context.

EDIT: I vaguely remember something being added in to make solo claims easier and avoid people sitting in an aethership bored for an hour. Perhaps there's a quick-finish after three waves thing?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Guys, y'all just sit out the next flare and let Hallifax do some empirical testing to clear up this matter once and for all. We'll report the results
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ah, I might just be remembering incorrectly, then. I'm pretty sure I've seen a bubble claim done in a single wave of three ship bombardments. That may or may not have included some focus construct for a colossus as well, though.

It's hard to say without better context/actual logs. Memory is a fickle thing.

• Vivet said:
    Ah, I might just be remembering incorrectly, then. I'm pretty sure I've seen a bubble claim done in a single wave of three ship bombardments. That may or may not have included some focus construct for a colossus as well, though.

It's hard to say without better context/actual logs. Memory is a fickle thing.

Memoryloss motes are obviously the cause.
    I've done solo runs before with just 3 bombards, so your theory holds water.

Unfortunately today I also had work 2 minutes after it started so mrrrr.

• edited September 2014
    Daganev said:
    I thought a demesne is only active if the owner is within close proximity to it?

And yes I forgot statues.
    I would assume that the sigil thing would basically coded that if a flamed sigil is placed, and then it decays, whomever places the next flamed sigil gets a "point". No idea if that is possible to code or not, but that's what I was thinking at the time.
    Active is one of those multiple meaning words.
    Lavinya said:
    I was told the attack line for the whips could not be customised, sadly. So instead I customised my whip (You are wielding the malevolent whip of Ouroborian reprimand), and the story behind it is that one of Morgfyre's priests altered it somewhat - it still uses divinus damage but now I can happily declare it to be Morgfyre-twisted divinus, which sits much better with my character! I really really would have loved to be able to customise that attack message though...
    I get that holy would be div. What I don't get is why it seems that all div is holy. Doesn't that argue that all gods are also holy?
  • It would also imply that Researcher scalpels are shooting beams of holy energy!

• Does holy mean celestial or does it mean divine?
  • Just when I was getting my hopes up with the angkrag quest, I realized I likely won't be able to get a godly deck with just village cards :(
  • Iytha's chart is amazingly accurate.
  • Steingrim said:
    I get that holy would be div. What I don't get is why it seems that all div is holy. Doesn't that argue that all gods are also holy?
    They are. Divinus is the energy of the Immanidivinus, the wellspring of divine power (among other things). The possible exception is those gods that drank the Elixir, which infected them with Soulless excorable energies.
  • So, uh... hypothetical question here. How ethical/unethical is it to meddle in another guild's affairs when there's something occurring there that either falls under the purview of incompetence or malice and is, by the admission of some of the people affected, hurting the guild (and therefore city by extension)?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2014
    Depends on the kind of meddling! There's good meddling and bad meddling.

EDIT: But if you're thinking about throwing CL weight to a guild affair, you should just track down the Administrator and grill them to do something about it instead of doing it yourself -- unless the matter involves the GA.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Most likely there's another side to the story.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited September 2014
    Probably. I'd rather not go into specifics, since that'd pretty much give away what I'm talking about. It's not a leadership issue, and I don't intend to get anybody replaced or anything. It's to do with the advancement system of the guild involved, and... one required task in particular that is non-intuitive, geared toward a specific type of player (and is fairly offputting to other types), is really nothing like anything I've seen at GR2 in any other guild, and by mention of the person who brought it up to me, even members of the leadership have apparently said they don't bother with it because they don't know how to deal with it. And as to your edit, Maligorn, the intent of my meddling was to track down the Administrator and bring it up to them.

EDIT: As for the CL weight thing, it would be stupid of me to say that it won't carry any weight, but I'd likely be doing this anyway even if I wasn't CL. I'm more concerned about the ethics of it, since... yeah, I'd rather not do something outright unethical here.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    You are Gaudiguch, you're SUPPOSED to be meddling, conspiring, and going behind people's backs! Right? :D

My tweet: Two people in a row think Ev is a mean old bird :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
This discussion has been closed.