Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2014
    I wasn't there for the fight that sparked this discussion. Bonds has a lot of situational problems, but the one that irks me the most is how unbalanced it makes certain standoffs. Glomdoring will win a rad battle 100% of the time because of bonds and there is nothing you can do about it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited July 2014
    Clear bonds isn't a free action, costs as much to remove as it costs to put out. Truth is, if you're in a situation where you need to clear, you either will likely lack the power to do so, or it's because you've lost the room and good luck walking into a group of enemies and clearing without getting mullered.

Truth is in all the times I've used bonds, I've cleared it probably 2-3 times at most.

Get rushed when you're in bonds, can't flight out, can't bix out, can't get friendly empressed out, there are drawbacks. If you lose ground that's a significant piece of battlefield control you end up surrendering, good luck removing it then.

Edit: Technically Brume is clearable.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maligorn said:
    Unfortunately, the presence of bonds forces the opposing team to play a perfect game -- ergo, not getting caught out of position. Not everyone can do that 100 percent of the time, especially with astral insanity building up command denial.

EDIT: I'm probably an outlier though. As a chem of Hallifax (not to bash Aerochem, as I think it's the best out of the chemwood lineup -- just imagine if I applied myself to Aeromancy or Researcher, ditched furrikin, achieved demigod, etc.), I'm more or less playing Lusternia in hard mode. I'm usually alright with that.
    What part of 'bonds' means you are 'forced' to play a perfect game? 

Look, it stops rad, that's really the only tangible use in staredown/faceoff type fights. It's useful to gank people peeking into bubbles, but so are several other things. You know what else stops rad? Shield. All it does is make it so people don't need to be as on the ball with shield. If you're losing because you can't get around bonds, it's because you're sitting there with your mouth open not accomplishing much. 

I know if I don't mention this, other people will bring it up, Yes, bonds stops summons like empress too, but so does a monolith, which you guys use all the time now a days, so that's not a big deal either and not really a part of the issue. If you are in a staredown, and you don't have a beckon/rad/whatever ability, you should be shielded 100% of the time anyway. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Karlach said:
    Clear bonds isn't a free action, costs as much to remove as it costs to put out.

It should cost 1 power, unless it was changed.

Anyways, that's more my personal opinion on that matter. I'm not interested in stretching it out.

Oh, I also forgot you can't brume all over the place anymore. My bad.
    Vivet said:
    Karlach said:
    Clear bonds isn't a free action, costs as much to remove as it costs to put out.

It should cost 1 power, unless it was changed.

Anyways, that's more my personal opinion on that matter. I'm not interested in stretching it out.

Ah it does, stand corrected. I always thought it was 3 for both.

Shows how often I clear bonds!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Synkarin said:
     If you are in a staredown, and you don't have a beckon/rad/whatever ability, you should be shielded 100% of the time anyway. 
    This is really the gist of it, I agree. People weren't staying shielded properly (because me and Elanorwen were encouraging snipes -- our bad). I don't usually mind getting radded into the enemy team because of lolstatic and roll, though.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I want @Celina back already. :( How dare Final Fantasy XIV steal you?!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I'm okay with her gone
  • edited July 2014

Bonds?
  • One has to understand that to fight against an ability like bonds (which seems to be the hate ability this month), that you must consider the class itself, rather than the ability. The Shadowdancer class is designed around the idea of trapping their enemies in and pretty much suffocating them in bindings. From being unable to fly or climb, to being unable to walk or be pushed away, the night kit is a kit designed around instigating fear and woe. Old choke used to be the third part of the terror triumvirate that sealed the deal, just be thankful that's gone. In summary, when fighting a Shadowdancer or Glomdoring in general, take into consideration with your tactics that you are walking into a pretty effective mobile trap and you should plan accordingly around that. Doing so, you should be able to effectively counter it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Wat.
    I think he meant to say "You should expect bonds when fighting groups with Shadowdancers/Ebonguard in them, so stop relying on methods that it counters and plan a different means of assault."

I was poking around the new-ish guild ledger perms, that weren't there last time I had a ledger. We have one Hartstone member (now a shrub) who hasn't logged in for just shy of ten whole years. In 22 days, he will have been a shrub for ten whole years, that's crazy!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:
    I was poking around the new-ish guild ledger perms, that weren't there last time I had a ledger. We have one Hartstone member (now a shrub) who hasn't logged in for just shy of ten whole years. In 22 days, he will have been a shrub for ten whole years, that's crazy!
    Perma-shrub.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Karlach said:
    I think he meant to say "You should expect bonds when fighting groups with Shadowdancers/Ebonguard in them, so stop relying on methods that it counters and plan a different means of assault."
     Precisely. Take into consideration the recent wild nodes skirmish. Two groups standing across from one another and for some reason the one group thought it would be a good idea to try and exchange rad/displacement shots with shadowdancers. Naturally the idea should have been dismissed from the start, as the idea of forced movement against a team that has skills of 'binds people in place' was a bad idea from the start.
    edited July 2014
    Replace the guild leadership...guild still dead. 

I know things like this aren't instant but even the new guild leaders aren't online right now and I'm the only one online x.x
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2014
    Munsia said:

I know things like this aren't instant but even the new guild leaders aren't online right now and I'm the only one online x.x
    I honestly think that the Geomancers help scroll is intimidating to prospective newbies. Insanity RP is difficult to pull off, and requires constant management.

Arcanis said:
    Karlach said:
     Precisely. Take into consideration the recent wild nodes skirmish. Two groups standing across from one another and for some reason the one group thought it would be a good idea to try and exchange rad/displacement shots with shadowdancers. Naturally the idea should have been dismissed from the start, as the idea of forced movement against a team that has skills of 'binds people in place' was a bad idea from the start.
    Because the alternative is to use our non-magic movement sk- oh wait. This idea is predicated on the concept that there are real and viable alternatives to charging in (which isn't usually a good option any time there is a standoff, that's why the standoff happens) or pulling in with beckons/rads.
    There are real and viable alternatives, both sides have employed it before with use of acrobats for example. We've had entrenched positions with bonds get ruined by serpent to scissorflip, blockers removed from the room and beckons get free reign.

The standoff happens because you want to play piecemeal and got countered, and we can't charge in because you've got Maligorn's staticfield being the ultimate antirush. So your preferred tactic is countered, our preferred tactic is countered. So come up with a new game plan, there were alternatives for you, and not just the example given.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2014
    Munsia said:

This isn't actually meant to be a jab at you, but the last time the guild was super active for a long period of time was when I took over GM and booted you. It died when Jerica came back from Halli and rallied people to wake up and vote her in as GM.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

This isn't actually meant to be a jab at you, but the last time the guild was super active for a long period of time was when I took over GM and booted you. It died when Jerica came back from Halli and rallied people to wake up and vote her in as GM.

You never booted me as GM as far as I recall. Perhaps you're thinking of something else? I got removed from Magnagora. The only time I've ever been removed from a guild in Mag. 
    Maligorn said:
    Munsia said:

I honestly think that the Geomancers help scroll is intimidating to prospective newbies. Insanity RP is difficult to pull off, and requires constant management.
    I kind of wish people could leave some hint of feedback on these sorts of things myself. Some people just poof within minutes and you can never be totally sure why (though even if there was some pronounced and obvious means of doing so, that doesn't mean it would see use).
    edited July 2014
    Within a week irl, I had a guild rite with 11 people in attendance, only two of which were newbies.

Hopefully this goes through from my phone
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Anyway, point is that the geomancers have been slow for a long while. Don't take it as a personal reflection on you, it comes and goes
    edited July 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Within a week irl, I had a guild rite with 11 people in attendance, only two of which were newbies. Hopefully this goes through from my phone
    Right. You didn't actually do anything though. Guild laws state if you are not in the city, you leave the guild. You actively played no role in that cept by following protocol...

I also never take our activity as a personal reflection on me. If people don't wanna be near us because of me, that's their loss...we'll prosper while they simmer. 
    Munsia said:

Shaddus said:

Within a week irl, I had a guild rite with 11 people in attendance, only two of which were newbies.

Hopefully this goes through from my phone

Right. You didn't actually do anything though. Guild laws state if you are not in the city, you leave the guild. You actively played no role in that cept by following protocol...

I also never take our activity as a personal reflection on me. If people don't wanna be near us because of me, that's their loss...we'll prosper while they simmer. 

Like I was saying, the guild has been dead for a while. I don't think it's specifically you, but removing you did give us a slight boost.
    edited July 2014
    Bavarian cream IS NOT CUSTARD

Is there a way to flag current designs? Also is there a way to smack around whoever approved of false food items? 
  • Shaddus said:
    Anyway, point is that the geomancers have been slow for a long while. Don't take it as a personal reflection on you, it comes and goes
    I think all of the wizard-guilds seem to be slogging right now. At least in Celest there's a far larger emphasis on the martial or combative classes (Paladins, Celestines).
    Munsia said:

Bavarian cream IS NOT CUSTARD

Is there a way to flag current designs? Also is there a way to smack around whoever approved of false food items? 
    You can likely issue yourself or message the Charities about the design.

You should explain the issue and also give suggestions as to what an in - character term might be for bavarian cream, seeing as there is no Bavaria in lusternia. While you're chatting with them, ask for an in - character way of using "swiss cheese", because I'm dying for a mushroom swiss burger right now.
This discussion has been closed.