Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    ^--- Flagging this post as abuse is absurd.  There is absolutely no abuse here.  It is good advice.  I have to shield to stop rad, too.  :|
    Not when you got bonds up, you don't. Anyway, that's not the point. You can't spend the fight shielded. It's not good advice, it's a mocking remark. That said, I did also mention that walking into the grouped room and instantly shield still didn't stop a butterfly from going through. I don't know what my latency was at the time, but I'm pretty sure it was under 0.1 seconds. You tell me when that 0.1 seconds can get you killed whether 'shoulda shielded' is good advice or not.
    Same thing goes for rad.  I've walked into a room and been hit by rad immediately, too.  Things happen.  You should roll with it, take the advice, and move forward instead of sitting around flagging abuse on posts that are not abusive.  :/
    Probably back when rad could be spammed, anyway. Nowadays, that's not possible. You try to lean on the enter button with rad when the target is nowhere near, you'll end up off eq.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Synkarin said:
    Maligorn said:
    No, Synkarin.

The reason we can't make use of Hallifaxian skills is lack of willing PvPers, not our inability to grasp it.
    Look at what @Elanorwen posts, and the fact that she doesn't even know what skills do at times when complaining about them and I'd say it's pretty heavily leaning on the 'inability to grasp it' 

I really don't want to be condescending and snooty, so let me just list these names here and I'll let them speak for themselves.

Willing and semi-consistent PvPers in Hallifax:

1. Vivet (invested (invested means bubblixes, arties, etc))
    2. Elanorwen (invested)
    3. Aeden (kind of invested)
    4. Ushaara (invested but oftentimes busy with real life)
    5. Arsalil
    6. Hinic
    7. Talan (invested but MIA)

Willing and semi-consistent PvPers in Gaudiguch:

1. Synkarin (invested)
    2. Ardmore (invested)
    3. Eritheyl (invested?)
    4. Feyda (invested)
    5. Camberre (invested)
    6. Shuyin (invested but not here too too much)
    7. Alary (invested?)
    8. Steingrim (invested)
    9. Dys
    10. Naaliis
    11. Iari
    12. Jaxeus (?) (invested?)
    13. Altrea

Probably more I'm missing.

But sure, you can keep thinking it's incompetence on our part and not a numbers game. ;)

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    Neos said:
    My main issue with that fight was bonds, otherwise, I had fun.
    Well, when the main tactic used by aquamancers these days involves summoning people into a no-exit room so that they can insta-preserve, of course bonds causes some issues. :P
    I have no idea what you mean. I'm innocent of all charges.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Alright, guys. Let's cut this out before I get jailed.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2014

Maligorn said:
    Synkarin said:
    Maligorn said:
    No, Synkarin.

The reason we can't make use of Hallifaxian skills is lack of willing PvPers, not our inability to grasp it.
    Look at what @Elanorwen posts, and the fact that she doesn't even know what skills do at times when complaining about them and I'd say it's pretty heavily leaning on the 'inability to grasp it' 

I really don't want to be condescending and snooty, so let me just list these names here and I'll let them speak for themselves.

2. Elanorwen (invested)
    3. Aeden (kind of invested)
    5. Arsalil
    6. Hinic

1. Synkarin (invested)
    2. Ardmore (invested)
    3. Eritheyl (invested?)
    4. Feyda (invested)
    5. Camberre (invested)
    7. Alary (invested?)
    8. Steingrim (invested)
    9. Dys
    10. Naaliis
    11. Iari
    13. Altrea

But sure, you can keep thinking it's incompetence on our part and not a numbers game. ;)
    Whose who of fighting isn't going to get you anywhere, especially when you list people that aren't in Gaudi anymore (Jaxeus)

Other names, like Aerys are also not included but for some reason you've included Shuyin who I haven't seen fight in probably a RL month. Iari was on prime during nodes, not fighting, Her, with Altrea and Dys are people who will jump in for important events, but not misc stuff. It really depends. It's definitely an odd list you compiled.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm surprised they didn't put Viynain and Elana on that list.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Lerad said:
    I disagree that bashing without sparkle is somehow bashing "below your level". Sparkleberry is definitely not an entry level item - health, mana and bromide potions are entry level. Sparkleberry, healing scrolls with a cube, regen enchants and other additional healing options are just that: additional healing options. If sparkle is an "entry level" item, then an entry level newbie would need to be outfitted with all of those and a healing beast as well, won't they?

Sparkle in COMBAT should definitely be cheap and in abundance, all the time. However, that has nothing to do with the Nature domoth. If you can sparklefoot as a Healing user without seeing a deterioration in your herb curing abilities, good for you. Those without Healing that uses sparklefoot in combat are shooting themselves in the foot (lolol seewhatididthere?), period. Domoth crown on coltsfoot's effect on combat for anyone not a Healer (that is to say, most of the game) is absolutely zilch.
    Sparkle is an entry level item. Vials are like newton level. Sparkle requires no skills to use, no investment, no management, nothing like beast healing. It's a core item of the game from conception. It's an absolute fundamental investment once you get past level 80 if you want to engage in any sort of conflict. Not to be successful, not to raid, not to do anything but just participate and have a prayer of surviving long enough to learn something. It is most definitely an entry level item, only made not so by the sudden skyrocketing in costs. 

Yes, though you seemed to miss the point. The point was that I was a healer...which you've now reiterated like 5 times back to me.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Maligorn said:
    Synkarin said:
    Maligorn said:
    No, Synkarin.

2. Elanorwen (invested)
    3. Aeden (kind of invested, not here too often)
    5. Arsalil
    6. Hinic
    8. Aerys (invested but MIA)

1. Synkarin (invested)
    2. Ardmore (invested)
    3. Eritheyl (invested?)
    4. Feyda (invested)
    5. Camberre (invested)
    7. Alary (invested?)
    8. Steingrim (invested)
    9. Dys
    10. Naaliis
    11. Iari
    13. Altrea

There, I edited the list. Out of our 8 combatants (which I don't include myself because I've been elsewhere), only 6 are around reasonably enough. Out of those 6, only 3 log in daily. And out of those three, only two are invested in arties.

So on and so forth.

edited July 2014
    I'll trade you butterfly for roomwide aeon any day of the week. 

PS. 

"Anything that has even a .0001% chance to instakill someone and has absolutely no way to be stopped isn't even close to being balanced"

"Unleash staff"

:-? :-?  :-?

edit: weren't you complaining about phantomsphere some time ago and how it was nerfed too hard? Was was the selective outrage over unavoidable instakills then? That skill was 12 kinds of stupid.

edit2: If you can tell people to "just leave the meld" as a counter to unleash staff, that same answer can apply to butterfly. Use your own reasoning and stop cherry picking things you die to just because you don't have them. It's the farscout telescope all over again. 
  • edited July 2014
    The extent of my capability is handing people bubblixes, I am the most useless fighter in the world.

I mean, I've been attending more and more... I'll learn one day! :)
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited July 2014
    To be completely fair, unleash staff doesn't 1 shot anyone unless they're super newbie.  It's just proper damage coordination within my group that knows how to handle unleash staff set up.  Also can be stopped!
    Maligorn said:
    Maligorn said:
    Synkarin said:
    Maligorn said:
    No, Synkarin.

2. Elanorwen (invested)
    3. Aeden (kind of invested, not here too often)
    5. Arsalil
    6. Hinic
    8. Aerys (invested but MIA)

1. Synkarin (invested)
    2. Ardmore (invested)
    3. Eritheyl (invested?)
    4. Feyda (invested)
    5. Camberre (invested)
    7. Alary (invested?)
    8. Steingrim (invested)
    9. Dys
    10. Naaliis
    11. Iari
    13. Altrea

There, I edited the list. Out of our 8 combatants (which I don't include myself because I've been elsewhere), only 6 are around reasonably enough. Out of those 6, only 3 log in daily. And out of those three, only two are invested in arties.

So on and so forth.
    so 8-9 and your 'investment' status are probably similiar to your Halli list (Alary, Feyda and Eritheyl would be in the 'semi-invested', I believe). It's pretty similar I'd say. Definitely nothing too drastically in favor of one side or the other, which is how you initially made it out to be. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Munsia said:
    To be completely fair, unleash staff doesn't 1 shot anyone unless they're super newbie.  It's just proper damage coordination within my group that knows how to handle unleash staff set up.  Also can be stopped!
    Didn't say it wasn't. That was actually my point, that it can be stopped. Unlike the butterfly thing.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited July 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Didn't say it wasn't. That was actually my point, that it can be stopped. Unlike the butterfly thing.
    Which has been pointed out several times that it CAN be stopped

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Jesus Christ on a hockey stick, if "leave the demesne' is your argument, then "leave line of sight" is the same exact argument applied to butterfly. Only easier. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2014
    Out of curiosity, what are the different effects people know of? I used to have a tested list with lines and lost it all! 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Celina said:
    Lerad said:
    I disagree that bashing without sparkle is somehow bashing "below your level". Sparkleberry is definitely not an entry level item - health, mana and bromide potions are entry level. Sparkleberry, healing scrolls with a cube, regen enchants and other additional healing options are just that: additional healing options. If sparkle is an "entry level" item, then an entry level newbie would need to be outfitted with all of those and a healing beast as well, won't they?

Sparkle in COMBAT should definitely be cheap and in abundance, all the time. However, that has nothing to do with the Nature domoth. If you can sparklefoot as a Healing user without seeing a deterioration in your herb curing abilities, good for you. Those without Healing that uses sparklefoot in combat are shooting themselves in the foot (lolol seewhatididthere?), period. Domoth crown on coltsfoot's effect on combat for anyone not a Healer (that is to say, most of the game) is absolutely zilch.
    Sparkle is an entry level item. Vials are like newton level. Sparkle requires no skills to use, no investment, no management, nothing like beast healing. It's a core item of the game from conception. It's an absolute fundamental investment once you get past level 80 if you want to engage in any sort of conflict. Not to be successful, not to raid, not to do anything but just participate and have a prayer of surviving long enough to learn something. It is most definitely an entry level item, only made not so by the sudden skyrocketing in costs. 

Yes, though you seemed to miss the point. The point was that I was a healer...which you've now reiterated like 5 times back to me.
    I actually think this is a pretty interesting argument, since I've always avoided using sparkleberry more than necessary to reduce costs. I'd say it's not really necessary for bashing, but that is certainly an issue of patience/persistence. I can sympathise with anyone who hates bashing, wants to do as little as needed, and thus decides sparkleberry is necessary (since they will lose effectiveness with the limited time window they have). But it really, honestly doesn't stop people entirely. It just is sub-optimal.

If it's scarce enough even for combat, then that's something different, and I think the orgs can come up with their own solutions.

PS, seeing people eat sparkleberry while influencing still makes me cringe.

Celina said:
    Jesus Christ on a hockey stick, if "leave the demesne' is your argument, then "leave line of sight" is the same exact argument applied to butterfly. Only easier. 
    This is the excuse behind phantomsphere and inquisition so...
    It certainly won't stop people from bashing, and you can get to a point where you don't even need it to bash successfully, but the only reason it is not used is the price. Otherwise it's about as fundamental as you can make it...no skills, credits, complicated code, etc. It's just a basic curative like all the others. 

People would use it all the time if it was bountiful and cheap, like moss in Aetolia for 1 gold per piece. 

For me the bar of optimal bashing/pking/whatever is using everything you have reasonable access to. Sparkle is (usually) very accessible. It's just being sold at extortion level prices because the supply is limited.

Honestly if the admin want to make the game easier for newbies, curative prices (especially sparkle) is a perfect opportunity to change it. 
    Celina said:
    Not really... because it's "leave line of sight before it's cast on you" Leaving line of sight after the cast does absolutely nothing for you. There's still the chance you'll die.

Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:
    Not really... because it's "leave line of sight before it's cast on you" Leaving line of sight after the cast does absolutely nothing for you. There's still the chance you'll die.
    Look, when the outcome is a guaranteed death or 5k+ points of damage on every enemy in your meld, you'll have a leg to stand on. Until then, get over it. 

It's not like you refrain from using bugged skills that are obviously bugged, so you're not the paradigm of dignity here. (I'm not either, but I don't bitch over stupid things except enemy status reasons)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I don't
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    And I thought I blew up a lot of fireworks on 4th of July Weekend.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • So, uh... Only tangentially related to the argument, but I took the time to draw up data on butterfly (only 100 tries so far, but I plan to do 1000 in the coming days when I can get paradigmatics users around). Also, if anybody needs lines, I've got them, just prod.

Times: 100

Times target was hit: 88 (further percentages are percentages of this number)
    ---
    Spider (entangle,stun): 6 (6.8%)
    Burning Censer Sphere: 1 (1.1%)
    Rip (mass damage): 8 (9.1%)
    Volcano Sphere: 1 (1.1%)
    Dragon Sphere: 1 (1.1%)
    Trueheal(+ prismatic): 4 (4.5%)
    Quadruple break: 13 (14.7%)
    Pit: 9 (10.2%)
    Displacement (15s): 11 (12.5%)
    Maggot: 8 (9.1%)
    Boulder(minor damage): 10 (11.4%)
    Disease(Pox, vomiting, worms): 7 (7.9%)
    Bumblebee Sphere: 3 (3.4%)
    Skull Sphere: 1 (1.1%)
    Glacier Sphere: 1 (1.1%)
    Dolphin Sphere: 1 (1.1%)
    Lion Sphere: 2 (2.3%)
    Spider Sphere: 1 (1.1%)
    -- TOTAL ASTROLOGY AFFS: 12 (13.6%)

Blowbacks: 12
    ---
    Blackout/trip: 7
    Drunken rain: 5

Doubles: 3
    ---
    Twin Crystals sphere: 1
    Quadruple Break: 2

Maggot times: 194s, 233s, 17s, (56s), 283s, 297s, 4s, 166s
    NOTE: Maggot times in parentheses are from when maggoting occured while magotted, and are from first to second maggot. Maggoting has been confirmed not to be healed by trueheal.
    Rip deaths: 5 (62.5%) (as a lvl91 human undeffed. Two of these occured while maggoted)

What does "doubles" mean in that listing? Is that casts that affect both target and caster? Didn't think that was possible, but that's the only conclusion I'm coming to without asking.
  • DysDys
    edited July 2014
    Doubles means it hits then continues fluttering and does something else after another 4? secs. Chances are the second thing doesn't work because the user's power was drained by the first effect, so you're not going to be hit by two powerful ones.

Are you sure you can't dodge butterfly when you first see it? You used to be able to.

Rip is excorable + divinius damage and isn't an instakill.
  • edited July 2014
    Dys it correct. After the first effect, the butterfly can decide (apparently about 2% of the time) to do another effect. If memory serves from one of the times I had Ixchilgal butterfly me in the past, the second effect acts exactly like the original butterfly and can blow back against the caster. Also, will test the movement thing. Give me two shakes of a lamb's tail.

EDIT: Was butterflied and moved two rooms away. It still went through.
    Rip must be doing some really random damage if it can do 9K on one target but not kill a level 91 undeffed human. Might want to collect the damage totals on any hits your survive, too, just to see.
  • edited July 2014
    Vivet said:
    Rip must be doing some really random damage if it can do 9K on one target but not kill a level 91 undeffed human. Might want to collect the damage totals on any hits your survive, too, just to see.
    From what I can tell, damage is based entirely on maxhp%, not a fixed range. Also, my note on the maggot deaths from rip refers to total rips, not rip deaths. Here's the damage from each rip (I wasn't at full health because my system's sip threshold is set at 85%. Any damage marked with a death was my health at the time of death, not the total damage it did. Max health is 5071, 1685 while maggoted):

4537, 5042(death), 4504(death), 4921, 4667(death), 1505, 1547(death), 4748(death)
  • You probably are already but did you see the butterfly, LOSE BUTTERFLY, move out faster than butterfly?
This discussion has been closed.