Simple questions?

Comments

• Zac said:
    Talan said:
    When you mend certain clothes, and they turn out tawdry, shabby, pathetic, etc. those can be worn for negative prestige.

It takes rl months to make them, since you have to wait for them to decay down below 25 months before they can be mended. Also, not all clothing will turn tawdry, etc. when you mend it. Accessories work best.
    Thanks, sounds like I maybe want to get an outfit planned and let it sit. They can mended ad infinitum, right?
    No, there's a limit. Shoes/boots can only be mended once, for example, and some things (like robes) will never go tawdry. Catch me in game and we will see what we can come up with!

@Ayisdra gnome side is facility/bottledowns/frosticia/crumkindivia, gnafia side is facility/cankermore/dramube/mucklemarsh.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    All non-clothing buffs can bring you above 100 prestige. 100 prestige is the cap for clothing.
  • Talan said:
    No, there's a limit. Shoes/boots can only be mended once, for example, and some things (like robes) will never go tawdry. Catch me in game and we will see what we can come up with!

I'll take you up on that. Thanks!

• Talan said:
    Zac said:
    Talan said:
    When you mend certain clothes, and they turn out tawdry, shabby, pathetic, etc. those can be worn for negative prestige.

It takes rl months to make them, since you have to wait for them to decay down below 25 months before they can be mended. Also, not all clothing will turn tawdry, etc. when you mend it. Accessories work best.
    Thanks, sounds like I maybe want to get an outfit planned and let it sit. They can mended ad infinitum, right?

This is not true. Robes can go tawdry.
  • edited November 2015
    I am pretty sure they changed it a while back so they couldn't.

Edit: Okay, my mistake. It's only splendour robes that don't degrade.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    It was changed so that splendors decay (instead of lasting forever), but that currently trans tailors could mend their own without them becoming tawdry - so that they basically don't decay as long as you have tailoring active. Regular robes still become tawdry as usual. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    We know Celestines and Nihilists lose insanity faster while on Celestia and Nil, respectively, but is that only for people in the guild or is it anyone with the skill?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    It's probably based on having the spec.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Looking over logs, it looks like the mindfield provided by the thorn circlet is reacting to any forms of psychic damage as well as scries. The skill is supposed to act that was iirc (though I forgot), but is the artifact supposed to as well?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, the Mindfield skill backlashes against psychic damage, unless the person also has Mindfield up.

• Enyalida said:
    It's probably based on having the spec.
    Yeah, been a while, but I think that's the case....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I suppose how power works has been changed over the course of the years? I've seen a few abilities now, which use simply elude me in terms of power. I mean, there's psychomatabolism's bodyfuel and the titans 'refresh power' to just name two of likely more example, that allow you to generate power, but only _active power_, not reserves. I might be missing a point where those are actually useful and would love to have those pointed out to me. Otherwise, are they just historical leftovers, or are there people who draw real use out of them?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    When I was ascended, @Lerad, @Thul and @Kalenya used bodyfuel to keep up GreaterPentagram for a straight hour

refresh power is used all the time, by tons of people (including myself). It's basically a free 10p, you can use it in combat to get off super lame stuff or you can just use it to erase the cost of an attune. It's pretty darn useful.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yeah, the point is for combos.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I thought I was missing something, maybe just didn't think through it completely, but of course greaterpentagram makes sense. Thanks!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • To be exact, Sidd, I'm pretty sure Taci was around helping to Gpent as well. Though I can't remember.

Also, unfortunately (or fortunately), the infinite gpent is no longer possible because of cooldown mechanics.

Regardless, though, Bodyfuel is still fairly useful, especially for stealth monks, in those cases when I need both deepcover and veil. Rare, but possible with bodyfuel. It also helps save a lot of power if you use it correctly during defups and the like. It has much less application in direct combat, though, because unlike refresh power, it requires and consumes eq (psi balance, to be exact).

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Tacigod was to help kill kethbits and keep my insane self there

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Does the manse willpower regen room still work to regen aetherwill?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Talan said:
    Does the manse willpower regen room still work to regen aetherwill?
    I thought that we tested it in your ship and it didn't work?  Or did they change it to make it work after that test?
  • I'd forgotten about that. I was wondering if anything had been done with them in the overhaul, but it looks like they were just phased out. Not a big deal.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    In all the years I've played, I've never known the truth. Is Tully a regular player, or an admin-ish type role?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Fairly sure he's a regular player.
  •  Bex-honors full tully
    Tully, Janitor of the Basin (Male Dwarf).
    He is 333 years old, having been born on the 13th of Juliary, 94 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    He is ranked 355th in Lusternia.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is an Ethereal Wanderer in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    He is a member of the clan called 'The Aethercity of Deepnight.'
    He is a member of the clan called 'The Silverscribe Bookbinding Cartel.'
    He is a member of the clan called 'White Wind.'
    He is a member of the clan called 'The Lunar Rose Bookbinding Cartel.'
    He is a member of the clan called 'Delicious Nightmares.'
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His motto: 'I will get this place clean boyo, 'tis my job!'
    He is considered to be approximately 335% of your might.
    He is not currently active in any family.
    He has endured the resurgence of Zenos the Insubstantial.
    He did survive the rising of the Soulless God Muud.
    He solved the mysterious murder at Stewart Mansion.

Hope that helps....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Is there a command that allows me to see the popularity of each Guild? I could have sworn that at one point there was, but I don't recall what that command is.

• topguilds

but that only gives you a measure of activity for last weave alone.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    bodyscan resistances universal
    **************************[ Bodyscan - Resistances ]***************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Universal    Kirigami charm                          1       3
    Universal    Kirigami charm                          1       5
    Universal    Black Crypt of Urlach                 1       7
                     Total                                         3

*******************************************************************************

Why does kirigmai give two seperate resistances, and not just a 2/5 resistance?

• I have the same thing with Amber Beer

Universal    Amber beer                              1       3
    Universal    Kirigami charm                         1       3
    Universal    Amber beer                              1       5
    Universal    Kirigami charm                         1       5
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    Is it a bug?

• Given that 2/5 is mechanically distinct from 1/3 + 1/5, I'm guessing its intended as a balancing measure.
  • Actually, there was just a missing break; in the code.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.