Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Daraius said:

Maligorn said:

Actually, @Portius canonically believes in "pleasure centres" in the lower wards for lesser citizens to get their bone on, so that they can continue to work peaceably.

If you don't think Hallifax is smart enough to control even the sexual urges of its citizenry, those of which can lead to aggressive and unlawful activity if left unsatisfied, then please let me invite to to the Grand Hallifaxian Centre of Reproductive Urges.

Where do the not lesser citizens get their bone on? Asking for a friend.
    A good bit of self-service usually does the trick.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Feel like I backed the wrong horse encouraging all that vassal pack shit. This is obviously what you should be writing about.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Combine the two. ;))
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I can't help but think people just need to read the Kushiel series and roll with it ingame.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Daraius said:

Feel like I backed the wrong horse encouraging all that vassal pack shit. This is obviously what you should be writing about.

It's in the to-edit pile, actually. It's not focused on this, but it does come up.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Quite obviously, at least one vassal pack of Hallifax focused on the marital arts rather than the martial. It is inevitable.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There is a difference between a civil debate (I think both Xenthos and I and others involved were very civil) and calling each other all sorts of names and attacking the players. We did none of that. Calm yourselves, panickers. Open discussions are good things!

Did a crapton of forging for the Sentinel newbie rack today. Let's see how long it lasts.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:

Did a crapton of forging for the Sentinel newbie rack today. Let's see how long it lasts.

...I did the very same thing like, two weeks ago. Tell me it was empty already?

/blankstare
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    The rack was gone and nothing was there. I replaced the rack and put stuff in it.
  • Lavinya said:

Looking back at the posts and remembering the time, I think we've nailed the biggest issue and sticking point, and that was being told to remove the brand first, as a sign of good faith, and then maybe we can discuss friendship. (I don't think it was bad roleplay, it just made everything a dead-end, which makes developing the story beyond it a lot harder, if not impossible.)

Take note, fellow roleplayers. Being flexible on matters mortals have their hands tied on will probably benefit everyone in the end!

EDIT: Also, I think it's clear now, that moving forward there is avenue in the future to set up some rp around research into the brand and it's removal. Hell, I don't even know what it does for Mag.

it does nothing for mag, nothing at all. That was my question when I first researched it ICly. My question was, why should we NOT remove it, what does it give us. I came up empty handed, it is nothing but a trophy that no one in mag even knows about anymore.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Gives you bragging rights that Nature itself was complicit in a branding by one of the Demon Lords (which I think have really taken a backseat in Magnagora lately in terms of importance). The trophy might not be important to Mag, but the permanent middle finger to forests and nature is important to Glomdoring.

Catering to their one (I would think extremely simple if each org both pressed their Divine) demand could have changed many things, including the dying of Glom and its relations with Magnagora.

• Doesn't matter now. It is done and over with. Magnagora is not interested in removing the brand especially now and blaming us to how they are now is laughable, that is like blaming and other org of why other orgs have their down times. The had a boom for a LONG time, it is a cycle that every organization in the game goes through, some more often than others. It happens, it all I am saying.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Why does no one get that we did press the divine, and they said no?

Also, no one responds well to demands.

In other news - I surprisingly enjoy getting involved in diplomatics in game.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I've been around loooooong enough to know the cycles of activity/inactivity as well, and it is mainly the word choice that irks me. It is demeaning and sends the wrong message.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I've been around loooooong enough to know the cycles of activity/inactivity as well, and it is mainly the word choice that irks me. It is demeaning and sends the wrong message.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• When I first joined the Ninjakari, it was pretty much DEAD.  Nayl had taken the position pretty much for the sake of having someone in the position full stop, when I expressed interest in taking on the role of GA for the Ninjakari, he happily stepped aside and let me take the position.  In the past month or so, we've definitely seen a bit of a jump in activity, be it from newer people or from alts that have been rolled, but yes, every guild has its up and down cycles.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Ninjakari is still pretty much dead. :P

Actually, though, it's kind of nice to have you guys not treating me as the messiah come to save the guild, like the Shofangi were, and just acting like the guild being small and invisible is exactly as planned. :D

• edited February 2015
    Qistrel said:

Actually, though, it's kind of nice to have you guys not treating me as the messiah come to save the guild, like the Shofangi were, and just acting like the guild being small and invisible is exactly as planned. :D

It's busier than it was a couple of months back, that is for sure.

That being said, a smaller guild isn't always a bad thing *cough*lesspaperwork*cough*
  • Qistrel said:

>:P

Me, Sakaki (sometimes), Haidee, Rhakakoa, Rastamutti, Nayl, Sahmiam, plus a few other people who've been working through GR2-5. I'd say that's decently active, 'specially compared to a lot of other guilds. My times have been sporadic lately, though, with school and other life stuff.
    edited February 2015
    Still had to wait two whole days before soemone logged in to induct me. :(

• edited February 2015
    I don't mean to sound rude, but as I mentioned in another of my posts elsewhere, I am in danger of losing my job to redundancy and am desperately trying to line up another job in case it DOES happen.  If I lose my job, I become unable to pay for rent or internet, meaning I would not be logging in full stop, because I would no longer have a home.  As you can expect, that makes it a LITTLE higher priority at this point in time.  Needless to say, I've kind of been a bit preoccupied lately. In any case, you were inducted.

EDIT: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/76054/#Comment_76054  here is the post in which I said it in response to your comments about not being able to find someone to induct.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Well that escalated

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I believe, @Sakaki, that @Qistrel was not aiming her comment at you, but at @Syrennia. Likely, not as a refutation of her point, but as an anecdotal observation of the opposite of Syrennia's statement. However, if I'm mistaken, I'm sure Qistrel will follow up by eating your puppy/kitten.
    Sorry, @Sakaki I didn't mean to upset you, I appreciate your predicament, and that you came online to interview me and induct me. I was just frustrated for a bit. My realm times are somewhat unusual too, so that possibly contributed.

@Tarkenton I don't eat kittens. I just attach them to my bright pink jakari chain.

• Usually, I get no response when I advertise for working as an enchanter.

Today, I've done nothing but enchant.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • When you get too far in your RP you wonder if you went too far (A little). But hell, I am playing a deranged morally bankrupt psycho so party time!
This discussion has been closed.