Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited November 2012
    When I do it I really try to be entertaining to the god.  I figure I can brighten their day with some humor or just general entertainment.
    [BANNERCODE]
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I remember when we were testing if "bug" flagged Iosai. That ended well.
  • You say to a great horned owl, "My! You look just like Iosai. How interesting."

*flee*
  • edited November 2012
    I have no idea what greater and lesser incarnations of our guards do (except now I do because I just asked others who have worked it out by trial and error). Can there be a command for security/GC/whoever can summon guards that explains what their guards do, or a HELP scroll?

NEXUS TYPES shows the list and power cost, but not the difference between them or what they do.

Or how to move them and order them to infuse? Am I missing a HELP file here? Others know, of course, but we shouldn't rely on hand-me-down knowledge when it comes to these sorts of things, imo.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Bryna said:
    Allow us to rub/expend ikons we aren't using, even if it's just for experience/essence. Yes, I know we can devour them, and that's not what I'm wanting it for.

Maybe allow us to trade in ikons for prizes, IE 5 common nets you something, 5 rare nets you something better.
    I'd like to see some kind of upgrade system, there's quite a few common ikons out there that are pretty much useless (for example ones that have 1/0/0 - Deal 1 damage) and consuming them only gives a 10% bonus (which as far as I know does not stack if you consume more than one)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Bryna said:
    Allow us to rub/expend ikons we aren't using, even if it's just for experience/essence. Yes, I know we can devour them, and that's not what I'm wanting it for.

Maybe allow us to trade in ikons for prizes, IE 5 common nets you something, 5 rare nets you something better.
    I'd like to see some kind of upgrade system, there's quite a few common ikons out there that are pretty much useless (for example ones that have 1/0/0 - Deal 1 damage) and consuming them only gives a 10% bonus (which as far as I know does not stack if you consume more than one)
    These are actually super useful for some builds. I have one in my deck as a finisher.
  • edited November 2012
    Kephera Mindsense

Tilting back your head and closing your eyes, you concentrate upon the sensory
    web of veins on your neck and face, and search out vibrations in the local area.
    You sense the following minds:

I'm not sure if this the thread where I'd post this but...

If this a Kephera specific ability I have a few minor annoyances with the flavour text.

First off I'm pretty sure having compound eyes means that they don't have eyelids and thus can not close their eyes. Secondly people watching a Kephera use this ability can see their veins protrude and pulse. An exoskeleton implies a layer of armour you can't really see veins beneath. How could an observer see them?

Anyways most of my annoyance with this has to do with how I see Kephera and well I'm not going to go after every bit of flavour text that doesn't agree with that image (that would be a bit ridiculous) mindsense is a racial ability and shouldn't the flavour text match the race?

My simple idea is basically changing the flavour text to something more race specific. Thanks.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I didn't know talking to mobs flagged divine. It was just a way of looking slightly more in character, but I'll change my aliases now.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Make writelog an investable ability into clans, so someone aside from the clan leader can do it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012

I would absolutely love it if GUILD PRIVS separated your various...guild privs...by which position/rank they're earned through.

Might get messy for overlapping things like Secretary/GA, but I would find it really helpful ._.

EDIT: Design royalties would be amazing.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Eritheyl said:

I would absolutely love it if GUILD PRIVS separated your various...guild privs...by which position/rank they're earned through.

Might get messy for overlapping things like Secretary/GA, but I would find it really helpful ._.

Ohyesplease. Honestly, any sort of added organization to make guild/city/etc. privs easier to parse would be quite welcome... >_>
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Eritheyl said:

How about a way to see a list of the privs given at each rank/position? E.g. you could GUILD PRIVS SECRETARY to see the ones you got from that, etc.

Bit longer, but maybe easier to code? (Disclaimer: I know zilch about coding).
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    ^ that would do well enough, +1!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Phoebus said:
    Eritheyl said:

Ohyesplease. Honestly, any sort of added organization to make guild/city/etc. privs easier to parse would be quite welcome... >_>
    Order privs could also use some organization >.>
    Rivius said:
    Phoebus said:
    Eritheyl said:

Order privs could also use some organization >.>
    And city privs, should see the city leader's list of city privs, and some aren't even mentioned if i recall (or if they were mentioned, I very easily lost them in the 4+ pages of privs).
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited November 2012
    If the bank withdrawal fee isn't going to be removed, can a withdrawal just subtract the 2% from what remains in the account so we don't have to work out math just to get at our gold? If there isn't enough gold in the account to cover the fee, give a message stating that.

OR maybe even...

Make withdrawing a two-step process. First you enter WITHDRAW <amount>, and are prompted with "Performing this transaction will incur an additional withdrawal fee of <amount> gold sovereigns, AGREE to deduct this amount from your account". Agree will, of course, withdraw the amount and subtract the fee from what's left in the account.
  • edited November 2012
    Sometimes it's useful to see what your commune/guild/order mates are enemied to, and why. Could CL/GM/GA/Ambassador and aides have this ability in DIPLOMACY, even if it meant a trip to the Hall of Records?
  • It should be easier than that, Chenakti. It would just make more sense to have the 2% fee taken when you put the money into the bank. That way you always know exactly how much is in your account and you don't have to mess with the percentages when you withdraw. 
  • edited November 2012
    Svorai said:
    I have no idea what greater and lesser incarnations of our guards do (except now I do because I just asked others who have worked it out by trial and error). Can there be a command for security/GC/whoever can summon guards that explains what their guards do, or a HELP scroll?

NEXUS TYPES shows the list and power cost, but not the difference between them or what they do.

Or how to move them and order them to infuse? Am I missing a HELP file here? Others know, of course, but we shouldn't rely on hand-me-down knowledge when it comes to these sorts of things, imo.
    HELP GUILDNEXUSPOWERS answers a few of these, but I agree that more information would be helpful.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I'd LOVE to see a reminder implemented that reminds us when we only have a few months left until our fees run out.  Dunno about other people, but I personally pay 36 months at a time and tend to forget occasionally.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    I'd LOVE to see a reminder implemented that reminds us when we only have a few months left until our fees run out.  Dunno about other people, but I personally pay 36 months at a time and tend to forget occasionally.
    We've been asking for this since beasts came out. :(
    A new type of Wargame/Battlerun that has an actual objective instead of last one standing.

Capture the Node! (Capture the flag)

Already have the code for this, but it usually takes place on Astral, and is usually very lame. Moving a Wildnodes type game into the arena as a playable game would probably get more participation then wildnodes, and in turn would help people practice/prepare/strategize wildnodes.
    edited November 2012
    Some sort of objective based arena game with killing involved does sound very fun :)

Okay, here's one. There's certain quests that require you to give a number of items to a mob and then that mob will drop something once enough are given. The thing is, these mobs drop their items after a random number of things given, so if you're really unlucky, you can give them all the items you possibly can and won't get anything dropped. Thus, your quest progress is lost as you now have to wait for respawns. Can we get these changed to where the mobs just drop their items after a fixed number of things given?
  • Are you sure it's random, and not globally fixed? So if someone requires 15 tulips, and someone else have already given 7, you'd only need to give 8. The next time someone has already given 14, and you only need one more.
    Fairly positive.
  • It would be nice if artisans could make clocks, perhaps as a collaboration with a tinker or jeweller? It wouldn't be something you could enchant, just something you could put in a room as piece of furniture and that you could use to tell what time it is.
  • Kagato said:
    I just make an alias that does AUDIT and BEAST LIST in the same command.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Haqikah said:
    It would be nice if artisans could make clocks, perhaps as a collaboration with a tinker or jeweller? It wouldn't be something you could enchant, just something you could put in a room as piece of furniture and that you could use to tell what time it is.
    What advantage would this give over watches?  Room space is already at a bit of a premium, and watches go everywhere with you.
  • Xenthos said:
    Haqikah said:
    It would be nice if artisans could make clocks, perhaps as a collaboration with a tinker or jeweller? It wouldn't be something you could enchant, just something you could put in a room as piece of furniture and that you could use to tell what time it is.
    What advantage would this give over watches?  Room space is already at a bit of a premium, and watches go everywhere with you.
    Wasn't thinking of advantages to be honest. I was just thinking it was weird that we had watches in game but not clocks.
  • Haqikah said:
    Xenthos said:
    Haqikah said:
    Wasn't thinking of advantages to be honest. I was just thinking it was weird that we had watches in game but not clocks.
    I would very much like to have at least one other type in wallfeatures; there are only so many sconces and tapestries you can put in a room before it gets dull.