Simple Ideas

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The dark beer default pattern is klangratch brew. Search for klangratch and you'll findsome. (But yes, +1 to having darkbeer searchable in shops!)

• Saran said:
    Can/should bremeister beers and teas be referencable by their type in wares?

I can't seem to just find "darkbeer" for example which would be suuuper handy.
    "Amber beer" finds it for me. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ianir said:
    Daraius said:
    Can cities customize their "You've got mail" message?

You can ask your city leader to ask the patron for it to be changed.
    That's what I meant. Thank you!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Veyils said:
    Saran said:

It's actually only searching by the first word you enter, "portal search shops dark beer" finds everything with dark in it. Amber just happens to be fairly rare outside of beer. 

One day, when they have time, hopefully they will implement searching by multiple words.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    In the liquid rift it shows as darkbeer but searching for it won't find any results. That's the issue. 

• Tamsin said:
    Veyils said:
    Saran said:

It's actually only searching by the first word you enter, "portal search shops dark beer" finds everything with dark in it. Amber just happens to be fairly rare outside of beer. 

One day, when they have time, hopefully they will implement searching by multiple words.

weird never noticed, oh well
  • Lavinya said:
    In the liquid rift it shows as darkbeer but searching for it won't find any results. That's the issue. 
    Had that happen with a few things being ome worded in a rift, but not out of it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Delete Topguilds. 

First of all, no one really knows what it means. It has no value for established players but potentially encourages new players to gravitate towards guilds at the top for potentially no reason than they are high on a list. In the end it provides no value but potentially contributes to org disaparity.

I was reading through some Aetolia 2016 town halls and it came up. Thought it was a good idea.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Topguilds is useful if used as a metric for your own guild's activity from day to day - it helps you get a general idea of overall activity and if activity is waxing or waning. Comparatively, it's a fairly useless tool as the activity tracking is rather weak, but I'd love to see a guild leader equivalent to help leaders get a sense of how active their guild is, ideally with a few categories of activity, like PK or RP to help us see what types of things our guild members gravitate towards.
    Would it be possible for PAINT MASTERPIECE to check for a paint palette in your inventory before opening the editor?
    I used to make cakes.

• edited February 2017
    Daraius said:
    Would it be possible for PAINT MASTERPIECE to check for a paint palette in your inventory before opening the editor?
    Should now. Skills not checking resources and possibly causing destructive loss as a result is something you can BUG, by the way.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Thank you! On the heels of that success: Would it be possible for private cartels to be deeded to families such that the family head could assign clan heads and trademasters as needed? (I suspect this may not be such a simple idea, but I would love it in lieu of a more comprehensive cartel system overhaul)
    I used to make cakes.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited February 2017
    Breandryn said:
    Topguilds is useful if used as a metric for your own guild's activity from day to day - it helps you get a general idea of overall activity and if activity is waxing or waning. Comparatively, it's a fairly useless tool as the activity tracking is rather weak, but I'd love to see a guild leader equivalent to help leaders get a sense of how active their guild is, ideally with a few categories of activity, like PK or RP to help us see what types of things our guild members gravitate towards.
    Though gmembers also has that information for you, albeit in a more obscure manner. I feel like it'd be better to just provide the information only for your own guild, I agree with the misleading reflection. e. g. if your guild is on the bottom list, you may feel disheartened as a newb, even though it isn't -that- quiet.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Would some more options/features for setting up Vengeance games be possible? Like deciding if is visible what roles are in the game or not, or giving the option to set which roles can show up?
  • Can we move dreamcatchers to artisan? Would be nice to be able to make some custom ones
  • Saran said:
    Can we move dreamcatchers to artisan? Would be nice to be able to make some custom ones
    Maybe artisan for design and enchanter for magicalness, akin to runebags? Also maybe a separate AB for dreamcatchers? It's not intuitive under dimensionpockets and is kinda just tacked on to that skill.
  • Breandryn said:
    Saran said:
    Can we move dreamcatchers to artisan? Would be nice to be able to make some custom ones
    Maybe artisan for design and enchanter for magicalness, akin to runebags? Also maybe a separate AB for dreamcatchers? It's not intuitive under dimensionpockets and is kinda just tacked on to that skill.
    If necessary, I personally wouldn't mind just moving it to artisan but yeah separating if from dimension pockets makes sense if it stays cause it's not really a rift thing any more.
  • New trade skill focused on carving little wooden or bone totems that let people use totem skills, similar to how enchantment lets you use cosmic and elementalism skills.

Sadly unlikely as many totem skills are available as expensive artifacts :(
  • Can we make presents out of goop, please? And it would be great to get czigany coins back on the goop list, but I'm not (very) greedy.
  • Unsure how feasible this is, but designs already come with an associated minimum comm amount. It would be cool if these numbers were used as base minimum prices for shops - for example, if you tried to price a robe at 10 gold, you'd be told that the minimum cost a robe can be sold for is 2500 gold (or whatever).

This would help prevent people from accidentally pricing stuff too low, but more importantly it would establish a firm floor on prices, which would stop the undercutting creep. I see a lot of stuff for sale for cheaper than production, either because of artifacts or immense comm stockpiles or because people don't really math stuff out, and this would put things on a more even footing.
  • Let Minsters of Culture add and remove CITY MESSAGES...failing that let all Councilors (and if this already is a thing I have some ass kicking to do).

• Breandryn said:
    Unsure how feasible this is, but designs already come with an associated minimum comm amount. It would be cool if these numbers were used as base minimum prices for shops - for example, if you tried to price a robe at 10 gold, you'd be told that the minimum cost a robe can be sold for is 2500 gold (or whatever).

This would help prevent people from accidentally pricing stuff too low, but more importantly it would establish a firm floor on prices, which would stop the undercutting creep. I see a lot of stuff for sale for cheaper than production, either because of artifacts or immense comm stockpiles or because people don't really math stuff out, and this would put things on a more even footing.

Not sure about that, I sell things cheaply sometimes because they are like needed items. Like the commune pays for them basically to have a stock for people.
  • Yeah, like, the BT shop "sells" powerstones for, like, 1 gold in case there is no one around to simply give baby Crows some powerstones for totemcarving.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Maybe make shops in city/commune an exception to this? That would help give them more of a niche than they currently have.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2017
    On what basis would you set the base value of a commodity?
  • Eh nevermind
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    In the past, the stopgap solution to severe undercutters is to send people to buy out their stock and just... resell it for higher. 

The bigger question is: why are undercutters a problem? That leads down a rabbittrail of other questions and issues. Well, clearly they are a problem because they reduce the profits that other people can make doing a trade. Okay, so what are those profits for? Nada. Even at reasonable prices, I somehow doubt that you can make more gold using a trade than you can bashing and a trade comes at the cost of 1716 lessons worth of credits with (for some trades) minimal other benefits. So, to make a profit, you really need to recoup at least 1.5k lessons worth of credits minimum, which ehhhhhhh.

That brings us back to the undercutters. It's not really in their best interest to sell hyperlow, it makes the most sense for them to undercut but by the minimum amount possible to guarantee the highest sales - there's a curve there and you can maximize profits by juggling the loss you take by undercutting and the gains from increased sales volume. The issue is, there isn't any incentive to maximize profit and stabilize the market, because the resulting gold is a) marginal, and b) useless.