Simple Ideas

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Wasn't there an incident with hydras being bought by outsiders that prompted a change to fpr the beasts to become order-only? Why don't stoles have the same restriction?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Siam said:
    Wasn't there an incident with hydras being bought by outsiders that prompted a change to fpr the beasts to become order-only? Why don't stoles have the same restriction?
    The shop privs had obviously not been set, they are in an area that only high rank members can get to, but thanks to that random room flinging skill, yes some were bought (and refunded and taken back) and the shop perms set properly so getting in there still won't help.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Apparently an order-member gave the stole to the Serenwilder in question. Stoles supposedly do not reset to the owner. Perhaps they should?

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    Apparently an order-member gave the stole to the Serenwilder in question. Stoles supposedly do not reset to the owner. Perhaps they should?
    If a stole isn't resetting to owner, that's a bug. On the other hand, artifacts can be purchased as a gift by anyone for anyone, too... stoles included.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What about Divine beasts?  I know that, even after the change, there are people outside of Orders who have the pets that they took with them.

Elanorwen left Shikari, and gave her worg to Vivet (who collared it before she realized that she was going to get enemied for it, oops-- but Vivet was never in the Order), then various others who have moved on but kept the pets (though not transferring them).  An example of this would be Idrazil, who left, and then actually used his worg against Glomdoring and members of Shikari's Order (even calling himself Worgrider, directly calling attention to the fact).
    Xenthos said:
    What about Divine beasts?  I know that, even after the change, there are people outside of Orders who have the pets that they took with them.

Elanorwen left Shikari, and gave her worg to Vivet (who collared it before she realized that she was going to get enemied for it, oops-- but Vivet was never in the Order), then various others who have moved on but kept the pets (though not transferring them).  An example of this would be Idrazil, who left, and then actually used his worg against Glomdoring and members of Shikari's Order (even calling himself Worgrider, directly calling attention to the fact).
    Was a sort-of wedding present. I personally don't see what the big deal about it is, even less so going on about enemying people, considering Vivet's worg was never used against Glomdoring. Would it have been better to murder it off? Since when does a nature commune take THAT particular stance?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Glomdoring - 1 fae n. Forest of No Mercy
    2 n The commune in the southern half of the Basin of Life filled with spiders, wasps, zombies, cockatrices, and the half-damned souls of those corrupted by the release of the Taint. See 1.

Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:

Was a sort-of wedding present. I personally don't see what the big deal about it is, even less so going on about enemying people, considering Vivet's worg was never used against Glomdoring. Would it have been better to murder it off? Since when does a nature commune take THAT particular stance?
    It's Shikari's freaking pack, guys. Ring any bells? I'm more inclined to believe they'd rather kill that wayward worg, really.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited January 2015
    Siam said:
    It's Shikari's freaking pack, guys. Ring any bells? I'm more inclined to believe they'd rather kill that wayward worg, really.
    *shrug* I'd enemy the person at fault. I.e. me. :P

EDIT: That said, if memory serves, those things cost 25db to buy, too... so sorry, but killing it off is all fine and dandy. As long as I can get a refund. No? Alrighty then.

• In a conflict game it seems to me that this is the sort of conflict that generally should be encouraged. Someone joins your order and a few weeks later asks why Vivet has a worg or they ask Vivet. It get why players would not like it, but just because players wouldn't like like ti doesn't mean mechanics should automatically prohibit it. I don't know that I much care if it is changed either way.

As to guild pets, another solution which envoys could pursue would be to add the summon ability into chems.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I dunno, if you guys take away my legit stolen hydras, then no one should be able to steal stoles.

Trust me, I tried before. I took Zvoltz'
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    All I know is, someday when Crumkane releases his gingerbread giraffe horde, you people had better not steal them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Shuyin said:
    I dunno, if you guys take away my legit stolen hydras, then no one should be able to steal stoles. Trust me, I tried before. I took Zvoltz'
    This. * 100000

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Personally I feel if you want an item, be it a pet, stole, doll or whatever from a divine order, you should join the order or miss out.

Paying dingbats for beasts doesn't make them invincible. I don't think the admin would have much sympathy if one was ordered killed for roleplay reasons.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Any non-Celest owned dragon turtles are strangled in the egg by Sarye.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Any non-Celest owned dragon turtles are strangled in the egg by Sarye.
    This is true. Any Aquamancer with psionics can hear their poor little death cries.

Please, think of the turtles.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Steingrim said:
    As to guild pets, another solution which envoys could pursue would be to add the summon ability into chems.
    I actually did try this, so albeit pretty poorly, and it was shot down, I don't remember why.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Siam said:

Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:

That was actually the process to get unenemied.  Either give it back, or put it out of its misery.  Unfortunately it was already collared.  The only real solution at this point is to customize it to be something else, which is a bit meh; either way, having "one of the Pack" outside of the Pack should've been pretty obviously an issue, in my mind!
    ORDERLIST

ORDERLIST <org>

ORDERLIST <order>
    --------------------------

This list would be upkept by the divine. It would list their order, a basic concept of what their order believes in/does/tenets/whatever, who to contact to join that order, and then the divine could set their restrictions.

For instance, Elder Dantheman returns to the Basin. After his order opens, He inputs a brief explanation of his order. He can set his order to (keeping in mind that this is an rp and not a mechanical setting) available to Celest except with his permission, not allow illithoid/viscanti, not allow Lucidian without his permission ( maybe he had an issue with Xyl.) He sets his orderlist to show that anyone interested who fits this can approach Bill the Blind Paladin, or Jayne Wobblyarse.

It might need some work, but I think it would be amazing. It would also show people which orders are generally open and accepting members, as well as actively having divine.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Along these same lines, if we could get a NPC to influence with amnesty/parley for inactive Divine Orders, that would be wonderful. Nothing says "screw you" to people trying to join your Org like being unable to get them unenemied to said inactive Divine.
    Selenity said:
    Along these same lines, if we could get a NPC to influence with amnesty/parley for inactive Divine Orders, that would be wonderful. Nothing says "screw you" to people trying to join your Org like being unable to get them unenemied to said inactive Divine.
    I don't see why that would be a problem. Unless you get an idiot on the unenemy board that doesn't understand what a dormant Divine is.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Having to now be a part of it, I agree :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    My simple idea is: just unenemy me or set a fine. I like bureaucratic RP and red tape and all, but can we just move on already? <3

(sry that was actually a tweet)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Selenity said:
    The only reason anyone needs to be unenemied is because of what active people have set as law.

What I would do is have the player try to resolve it, but if they player can't I would set a time and inform people to either resolve it or get back to the CL (or Ambassador if that is who handles it in that org) as to why it isn't resolved. It has been my position that not unenemying people to the city/commune while enemied to some related org is a courtesy. Any org that gives the ability to veto their decision to some player in a related org isn't doing their job IMO. Where it can get tricky is if the enemying is supported by the god themselves, but if they're inactive...oh well. That doesn't mean everyone should get unenemied, but if everyone else is saying yes, I wouldn't hold it up because of inactive orders.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
     I would also take periodic surveys of our orders and if I couldn't get into contact with people in the Order who could unenemy, I'd remove that order from Serens requirements. You don't send as many people on snipe hunts hat way.
    Especially that one avatar who likes to enemy people to their Seren order at the drop of a hat, and isn't even a member of Serenwilde half the time.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    Kalliste has sacrificed herself for the resurrection of Camberre.
    4890h, 5700m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 26400w mBelrxkb-
    Camberre has been easily bested by a Kusala of the Tahtetso.

This is just wrong, any way you slice it.

@Ieptix, something needs to be put in place along the same lines of that fleshmound changelog, wherein Gaudis can't take corpses of enemies to reanimate them anymore.

EDIT: And for those who think I'm metagaming, I flip to you the bird. Maligorn would be rightfully outraged by this -- he thinks there is an art to war, and doing something heinous like that not only contradicts that but also what he thinks Celest should be like.

EDIT 2: READNEWS ANNOUNCE 2399

• Maligorn said:
    Kalliste has sacrificed herself for the resurrection of Camberre.
    4890h, 5700m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 26400w mBelrxkb-
    Camberre has been easily bested by a Kusala of the Tahtetso.

This is just wrong, any way you slice it.

@Ieptix, something needs to be put in place along the same lines of that fleshmound changelog, wherein Gaudis can't take corpses of enemies to reanimate them anymore.

EDIT: And for those who think I'm metagaming, I flip to you the bird. Maligorn would be rightfully outraged by this -- he thinks there is an art to war, and doing something heinous like that not only contradicts that but also what he thinks Celest should be like.
    You make it sound like I ripped his soul out, then forced his soul to walk to the Pool of Stars and hang out there talking. I guess souls shouldn't go hang out in enemy territory while their enemy statuses are hidden from their honours, but I do like the idea of hard-coding limitations such that enemies cannot be resurrected in enemy territory.