Simple Ideas

Comments

• And it suddenly turns out if you do a certain quest, you will be warped into this time shift where Hallifax was being constructed with these weird energy balls massively reproducing pigeons by chaining down an artificial copy of Trillillial, and you may suddenly be warped again by the time zones into Muud after fighting wave after wave of pigeons and electric balls.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'm... not sure what I just read.
  • It's the coffee speaking, please ignore it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Can teardrop sigils always attach to the next available vial? Attaching by number when you have several is tedious.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Can teardrop sigils always attach to the next available vial? Attaching by number when you have several is tedious.
    attach teardrop to empty;rift link empty to <x>

copy/paste or leave it in your queue
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Meae said:
    Neos said:

Using empty doesn't work, still tries for a vial with a sigil already attached
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Neos said:
    Hmm, tha'ts not been my experience, but all of my vials are generally synced to wipe at the same time, so I always start with a fresh batch. I do exactly what Meae suggested and it works perfectly.

If you try to attach a teardrop to an empty vial and it tries to attach one to an already teardropped empty vial, try the rift link step--if it works the way I think it does, it will still look for that same empty vial and link to it. Then you can try to attach a sigil to an empty vial again.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited December 2012
    Can we place more things on tables? For example a basket on a large table, or a pipe on a small table, or a book on a desk, not specifically inside the desk.

Ooh, and can we create more kinds of glasses, other than vials and shot glasses? And plates?

And pedestals are movable even with something inside. Can they become immovable unless you take whatever is inside out? Unless you are an igasho, then maybe it would make sense to carry both at once.

And can music boxes capture a song played and repeat it?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I would like to be able to place things on smalltables as well, so...you know. I can do -something- with a smalltable.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • We already have glasses. Wine glasses, cider glasses, cups, etc. Bookbinders make them.
    Also there's really no need for plates, at all. Just design food on a platter.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The ability for any Great House member to FAMILY HOUSESTATUS <banner-family>.
  • Neos said:
    Meae said:
    Neos said:

after the vial is linked to a liquid, it isn't qualified as empty anymore. Just trying to help ^^
  • Two people marry, have a daughter. The parents remarry to join the mothers side of the family, but the daughter retains the old family name. Can the daughter's family name be moved to the new family name? Or do we have to reconsider her as our daughter?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Would it be possible as a non envoy to review reports that cover your various skillsets, even if they're not submitted by your guild?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Sakr said:
    Two people marry, have a daughter. The parents remarry to join the mothers side of the family, but the daughter retains the old family name. Can the daughter's family name be moved to the new family name? Or do we have to reconsider her as our daughter?
    As far as I know, she's stuck with that name unless she marries someone herself. Also this is not an idea.

-

• I don't see why non envoys should be locked out of pending or drafting reports. Allowing the populace to see what all the envoys are thinking about and planning for gives them topics to debate, discuss, and also helps them strategize or learn more about their own and other guilds/archetypes.

Please change it so that dedicated combatants who want to read reports don't have to pester envoys to do something as basic as copy-and-paste. Envoys are here to listen to their guilds on opinions about problems with their class, not to be a manual pastebinner.

• If I recall correctly, the Envoys didn't want them to be public because they felt people would pressure them about reports nerfing their skill or something like that. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• I'm sure the envoys will face people in their own guild "whining" at them about other envoy's reports, but I think shying away from disagreements is not the best way to tackle envoying. As with the forums, I feel that disagreements and discussions lead to improvements and clarification, and as both a player and a combatant, I personally feel that the possibility of good ideas coming from the populace should outweigh the work of listening to them.

I acknowledge that envoying is a thankless, and sometimes more difficult job than any of the three guild leadership positions, but doing it correctly is important to the game health. I hope there are other factors and reasons that lie behind keeping the reports not visible, because if the only reason is so that envoys can have an easier time, then I believe it's time to reconsider the purpose and requirements of the envoy position.

• Purchasing credits from the market makes the credits "dirty".

dirty credits cannot be resold on the market until you wait a RL day to sell them.
    If you were to sell credits, they would take the clean credits first before attempting to sell the dirty ones.

--
    This should prevent people from buying credits and immediately reselling them for a higher price.
  • Could we have a look at the novices planar tasks, please? Right now, for Glom, they have to visit all but two places. So after visiting EtherGlom, Faethorn, Water, Earth, Celestia, Night bubble, Astral and the Nexus World, they still have to visit either Nil, Moon bubble or Crumkindivia. And they only get to those last three because of the political situation. What would happen if Celest and Glom had a bad breakup? We would be forced to visit at least one enemy cosmic plane or the Moon bubble, neither of which are very accessable...
    By contrast, a Serenwilder only has to visit EthSeren, Faethorn, Water, Earth, Moon, and Nexus world and they have enough (I think). We never have to visit astral or any cosmic plane.
    That's a little bizarre, I was sure everyone at least had to visit Astral.

-

• edited December 2012
    So... wait... Glom was the only ones hit by the change a couple of months back that caused this problem for us?

EDIT: Because we used to be in the same situation as Seren (although perhaps a little worse off, as we also had to choose between a cosmic plane and Astral).
    It's always been like that, I don't think this is a sudden change. For some reason, we've always had a better version of the planar quest. Glom's at least should be changed to mirror ours...
  • Actually, it was changed some months back for us. It used to be very similar to yours, now it's far harder. Hrm. Time to go log-diving...
  • Okay, so this is how it used to be in 2010-03-03:

You sense that you have successfully planted seeds on these planes or bubbles:
    ---
    * Glomdoring Nexus World (Value 15) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Glomdoring (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Faethorn (Value 15) --- Not Visited
    * Elemental Plane of Earth (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Elemental Plane of Water (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Cosmic Plane of Nil (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Cosmic Plane of Celestia (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * The Astral Plane (Value 15) --- Not Visited
    * Crumkindivia Bubble (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Night Bubble (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Moon Bubble (Value 25) --- Not Visited

This is how it is today:

You sense that you have successfully planted seeds on these planes or bubbles:
    ---
    * Glomdoring Nexus World (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Glomdoring (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Faethorn (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * The Astral Plane (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Crumkindivia Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Night Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Moon Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited

• MoiMoi
    edited December 2012
    For comparison, Celest's is:

* Celest Nexus World (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Serenwilde (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Glomdoring (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Faethorn (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Elemental Plane of Water (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Cosmic Plane of Celestia (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Cankermore Bubble (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Frosticia Bubble (Value 25) --- Not Visited

So Glom's should be something like

* Glomdoring Nexus World (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Night Bubble (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Glomdoring (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Faethorn (Value 15) --- Not Visited
    * Crumkindivia Bubble (Value 25) --- Not Visited
    * Moon Bubble (Value 25) --- Not Visited

E: Why is it doing this?
  • Huh. I just compared it to Serens planar quest. Glom used to have 175 points in total. We now have 140. Seren currently has 185 points total. That's... a really big difference.