General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• The weather here is seriously getting me down. Makes me tired and depressed all the time.

That and getting up at 6am when you're not used to it...
  • Been listening the last hour to our lead dev bitching about how terrible a piece of code we use in quite a few places is, and how it is no wonder we're facing such strange bugs. We got the point the first time, thanks. I understand it is not nice to discover such things, but the whining is just terribly demotivating. He's a great guy otherwise but ugh it just gets to me when people do that. Especially since I feel all guilty that I knew it was bad, but I had no better solution so I left it be ._. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yesterday my son comes home from school because of an asthma attack, today I discover my daughter has headlice (thanks, school)...they're going to start thinking I'm neglecting them soon. What's next???

• Lavinya said:
    Yesterday my son comes home from school because of an asthma attack, today I discover my daughter has headlice (thanks, school)...they're going to start thinking I'm neglecting them soon. What's next???
    Bedbugs. That's what's next.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    Lavinya said:
    Bedbugs. That's what's next.
    What did you call me? and yes I do bite

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Bedbugs are awful. When my sister got them at her apartment from one of her neighbors, she had to put everything in bags (bedding, curtains, etc) and toss them out in the trash then get the whole apartment sprayed down. She even had to get new mattresses.

Head lice is easier to deal with, just wash /everything/, use the lice shampoo at least three times to be certain, get her a haircut. It's so common at schools anymore. I'm just glad I have a boy and can just cut all his hair off if it happens.

I doubt they'll think you're neglecting. These things happen, even the asthma. Just keep on truckin'. See the doctor, they'll more than likely prescribe an inhaler. There's nothing bad about that. As long as you're doing something about both things, instead of letting them just fester, everything will be a-ok. Don't let stuff get you down if you can help it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Make sure they know all misfortune in this world is their fault. #parentingadvice
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If I get bedbugs, I'm going to blame @Tridemon and learn to grief him so hard for jinxing me.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    One of my GPU's two fans appears to be wibbly wobbly and/or coming loose, making a boat ton of noise. I am not pleased :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Some allergy, stress or maybe winter neurodermatitis (though we have a very warm spring this year) is totally drying out and cracking up my hands. Usually, I only get this in winter <.<

I had people in the library looking at me strangely because of bloodied knuckles...
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    What is this 'spring' you speak of?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    What is this 'spring' you speak of?
    I think it's that thing where pollen turns your vehicle/house/driveway yellow-green.
  • Anxiety.
  • A person is living with me who talks constantly, inappropriately, hours at a time, and there's nothing I can do about it. Talking back doesn't help and neither does listening. 

Also worried that this sweet, painfully shy kid I'm tutoring will fail the exit test and be held back a grade. I like the job, but I hate feeling solely responsible for this kid's future.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Bye bye anxiety, hello depression.

I need a vacation from life for a bit.

Enough of my complaining.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I'm supposed to be enjoying this weather, but NO. Sore throat. Sore back. Sore everything.

NO SUGAR FOR MY GODDAMN TEA.

I'm done. DOOONE.

/crawls under blankets
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I wish I had a blanket right now. I know it is nice weather but it is still a spring morning, do we really need every window in the office open so we can have air circulation? Everyone is like "I am too warm" meanwhile I'm sat here shivering. I managed dodging getting a cold all winter, but at this rate I will get one anyway :( 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I came home from work early yesterday expecting to take a long walk in the gorgeous afternoon weather with my dog, only to find him limping around and looking generally pathetic. I checked every nail and joint and nothing seems to really be hurting him, so I assume he's faking it for attention. As if he doesn't get snuggled enough already.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Rialorm said:
    I wish I had a blanket right now. I know it is nice weather but it is still a spring morning, do we really need every window in the office open so we can have air circulation? Everyone is like "I am too warm" meanwhile I'm sat here shivering. I managed dodging getting a cold all winter, but at this rate I will get one anyway :( 
    Fact: Cold temperatures themselves don't cause colds.  Staying indoors constantly because of the cold weather exposes you to more germs. THAT causes colds.

Stangmar - Retired

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Except for keeping your nose cold, which allegedly (it was on QI) does make your chances of getting a cold go up.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Daraius said:
    I came home from work early yesterday expecting to take a long walk in the gorgeous afternoon weather with my dog, only to find him limping around and looking generally pathetic. I checked every nail and joint and nothing seems to really be hurting him, so I assume he's faking it for attention. As if he doesn't get snuggled enough already.  :|
    Changing temperatures, humidities, and pressures (such as which come with season changes) can cause pain in those with arthritis, joint diseases, or old injuries that once meant nothing (such as a tumble running outside, falling down a single step on the stairs, etc) on joints.

This also applies to dogs.

Sincerely,
    Limpmeister Pro with Limpy Pooch
  • Stangmar said:
    Rialorm said:
    I wish I had a blanket right now. I know it is nice weather but it is still a spring morning, do we really need every window in the office open so we can have air circulation? Everyone is like "I am too warm" meanwhile I'm sat here shivering. I managed dodging getting a cold all winter, but at this rate I will get one anyway :( 
    Fact: Cold temperatures themselves don't cause colds.  Staying indoors constantly because of the cold weather exposes you to more germs. THAT causes colds.

Oh, right, I actually knew that. Welp. Still, the cold was making me feel miserable. Then today, it's totally stuffy in here. Being in the attic has its downsides I guess. Luckily my colleagues agreed that it would be better at this time to turn the aircon off and have some windows open instead. Take that germs.
  • Where are you located?
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Finally combed through 186 pages of statements and photography ahead of the start of my Dad's trial.

I want to faceplant a pillow and wake up somewhere in the middle of next week now.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Ouch. Case details are often upsetting and it has to be much worse when you've a personal connection. Hope you're OK.
  • I hate being sick. Not only is it unpleasant, it makes me a not very nice person to deal with. Lusternia doesn't help, because it's often hard to tell the difference between "frigid hardass" and "asshole," and that difference is important to me. Bleh. Time to chug me some cough syrup and go play Crusader Kings 2.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Daraius said:
    Two tips for bakery customers.

1. Disabuse yourself of the notion that 'smash cakes' are cute.

2. If tip #1 is too difficult, at least don't tell your cake artist that the cake he's going to spend his time and energy baking and decorating is going to be smashed by your dumb kid.

Never actually heard of those before - the only type of cake that I have heard of that people "smash" are pinata cakes - basically a small cake that is enclosed in a larger chocolate shell (an air bubble between the shell and the cake), the children using something (usually a hammer) to break the shell open and get to the cake, while also getting any pieces of chocolate they break in the process.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?