Petition to bring back FAIN!!!

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Plus a thought Mag had a thing for people who drive other players away.
  • FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • Ah Fain, such good painful memories.

I recall when I asked for a practice spar on CT and he personally replied "accepted".

After having wet my underwear he appeared and flicked me (literally) into the astral plane where he told me to prepare myself. I said "oh wtf, bring it!".

Fight ended in roughly 3 seconds with Him having gotten 10 slashes in before I could even raise ma sword. Good times.

P.S: Fain isnt just about Fury and Destroy, for those that REALLY know him, they will know His true secret passion is: The Waltz.
  • Arcanis said:

P.S: Fain isnt just about Fury and Destroy, for those that REALLY know him, they will know His true secret passion is: The Waltz.
    I require an armor arse plated wombat beastmastery pet, to fill the hollow created by Veonira's interaction with Fain... Where she got one.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited May 2014
    Fain + @Lisaera + @Drocilla

What could go wrong?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• /signed.

I really wanted to follow Fain on my alt.

Is He inactive or goe because of something story related?

• Delphas said:
    Fury and hatred surge through you as you ball your fist and punch the air, screaming
    "FAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!"

</RANT>
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I just got it. It's a Khan joke isn't it. 
  • Yes.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Can I just petition for some more public interaction between Mag divine? You always see logs of the Glom gods hanging out and inviting Isune. I would love to see how the Mag gods actually interact with each other, what their relationships are actually like. As well as with outside divine. I suppose it's in keeping with the whole traitors being ostracised business, but hey, Zvoltz was willing to make ammends! Someone needs to make ammends with Drocilla and remove her collar so we can all watch with horror/glee as she destroys us all.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I'd like to see more from mag gods period. There's actually been little to no interaction. She's there, cause she's responding, but as far as city interaction, either I'm not online, or she's just not doing it. 
    Protip: Just knock on Isune's fulcrux. With a wyrden bouquet.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited June 2014
    Lavinya said:
    Can I just petition for some more public interaction between Mag divine? You always see logs of the Glom gods hanging out and inviting Isune. I would love to see how the Mag gods actually interact with each other, what their relationships are actually like. As well as with outside divine. I suppose it's in keeping with the whole traitors being ostracised business, but hey, Zvoltz was willing to make ammends! Someone needs to make ammends with Drocilla and remove her collar so we can all watch with horror/glee as she destroys us all.

Isune said:
    Siam said:
    But, but what about my Wyrden allergies?!

As for the recent posts in this thread, it can be hard as a player to realize just how much a new god deals with right out of the gate. You have to write many things including shrines, order items, help files, order ranks.. gosh, the list goes on and on. On top of that, you're trying to establish a new order and trying to engage the players flocking to it so that they will love you and want to stay. It's even harder when you are soloing an org or are working with someone who's unable to log in as much as you do - because then the org as a whole also wants your undivided attention. It's a lot of hats to wear, and that's just the IC-related stuff! It's also a bit intimidating. My advice is if you want to engage in RP with @Drocilla, initiate it. A prayer or a trip to Her Fulcrux is a great start. :)
    Agreed with on SOOOO many levels.  I sent out invites to most of the divine to the quiz evening I ran a while back, while only Crumkane and Jadice were able to attend, it was still nice to have them drop in and say hi, as well as Estarra poking her head in, even if she did break the quiz timer at one point :)

Now if only I could organise a quiz to find out who is the most knowledgable of all the currently active gods... >_>

EDIT:  Also, while he wasn't visible, Raezon WAS in attendance, he was just very very quiet, making sure I didn't break anything >_>  Thanks again for that, by the way!
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I don't understand this thread.  Don't you have Drocilla now?  And it's not as if you can petition for a Divine to return to the game.  It requires a volunteer to be vetted, then to select that role.  If someone is already playing that role, perhaps they are busy with school, work, or other real-life obligations.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I think this thread was created a long time before Drocilla came into the picture. A time when it was just quiet Raezon.

Go  back to your troll cave, Tetra. The thread was made when we only had (semi) active Raezon. We are all very happy and thankful for our divine. We love them so much, we want them to dance for us to cheer at all the time :)

edited June 2014
    Isune said:
    Siam said:
    But, but what about my Wyrden allergies?!

As for the recent posts in this thread, it can be hard as a player to realize just how much a new god deals with right out of the gate. You have to write many things including shrines, order items, help files, order ranks.. gosh, the list goes on and on. On top of that, you're trying to establish a new order and trying to engage the players flocking to it so that they will love you and want to stay. It's even harder when you are soloing an org or are working with someone who's unable to log in as much as you do - because then the org as a whole also wants your undivided attention. It's a lot of hats to wear, and that's just the IC-related stuff! It's also a bit intimidating. My advice is if you want to engage in RP with @Drocilla, initiate it. A prayer or a trip to Her Fulcrux is a great start. :)
    But @Isune! That is precisely why they have to knock on Your fulcrux with the bouquet! To shake the pollen off! :)

I agree with what all your points, though. Players tend to get tunnel vision and end up expecting too much from Gods within short time frames! I mean we've been waiting for new shiny order beasts from the other gods so we can alt and play pokemon but admins have a -lot- of things to do. I can only imagine the time management skills it requires. It's a volunteer behind the God who aside from having to deal with the maaaaaany in-game things would also have to deal with the dreaded real life(also one reason why I really appreciate the headsup Vira gives us either here or in-game when she has Stuff To Do - that's an extra mile that's not really required but is still very much appreciated) . If anyone wants to RP with a divine, just...go to their fulcrux, send letters, etc. It has worked really well for me! It is fun to establish quasi-relationships with Divine - they end up surprising you sometimes! I've had my reflection mock me from the mirror at Glom's backstage! It was fun.

BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO RP WITH DROCILLA...POINT OUT HER CHOKER! /duck

#bringShikariback 

edited June 2014
    I need dolls of all the Mag divine so I can make them play together for my own entertainment.

BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO RP WITH DROCILLA...POINT OUT HER CHOKER! /duck
    You mean if you really want to die at Drocilla's hand, right?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2014
    If I actively played Shaddus, I'd at least approach Drocilla with the understanding that if Fain ever returned, I'd be leaving her order.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I totes showed up to a @Drocilla fulcrux thing in dreambody, and she confronted me. RP was to be had, it was really cool, and I don't remember if I raved about it or not. I seriously have the most fun rp in dreambody.
    I am still preparing for the day I rp with Drocilla. Sometimes I want to talk to Drokhan.

#bringShikariback 

• Fury and hatred surge through you as you ball your fist and punch the air, screaming
    "FAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!"
    </RANT>
  • okay that was a ridiculous amount of thread necromancy delphas
    Frag yeah necromancy!!!!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Nothing's too good for Fain! Not that I have any experience with Fain, but what I read is awesome.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Celina said:

Fain is actually a lot about screwing with mortals because he can. He has larger aims at the same time, but no, people are not misconstruing that. It's very much a part if his character. He's addicted to wrath and rage, and sometimes he screws with people just because it makes his ragey heart feel good.

That's not his heart, that's the hollow where his heart was that's now filled excoroperditio essence.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

It wouldn't be there if Lisaera hadn't ripped it out in the first place.
  • Shaddus said:

Oh please. This again.  8-|
    Lisaera said:

Shaddus said:

Oh please. This again.  8-|
    All joking and forumrp aside, I just like whiteknighting Fain. Sorry :(