Real World Raves

Comments

• Synkarin said:
    I was at Gettysburg July 5th, maybe I spotted a @Delphas
    You most certainly did! I was wearing either an Asian Farmer's Hat (Ricepaddy Hat) or a Pith Helmet at the Farnsworth House on the 5th (ALL DAY LONG and well into the night, whereupon wife and I sang camp-songs/sea-chanties at the evening).
    </RANT>
  • edited July 2015
    @Synkarin Were you dressed as a Union Officer? I'm pretty sure I saw someone matching your build between the Roup House and the Shriver House.

[Edit] If it is any help, I was in my standard-issue Vacation Battle Uniform (VBU, which consists of cargo-shorts and Hawai'ian shirt), wielding a golf club.  We stayed at the Ace's High Hobby & Sentimental Journeys B&B (excellent stay!).  I even was able to crush some ppl in Pirates of the Burning Sea (yes, I'm actually good at something) from my porch on Sunday Night (once I got some beer from the Farnsworth, thank Gawd).

[Even Moar Edit] Oh! I bought a chico (looks like a Steamboater, but natural colour instead of white) Sunday, so I might have been wearing that.
    </RANT>
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I was not dressed up, We really did the auto tour for most of it except for Devil's Den and Little Round Top where we hung out for awhile

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Synkarin oh snap! I stayed in town, and this was (according to the locals) the very BEST YEAR EVAR (probably b/c everyone was forced to stay in town and spend their money, like I was).  Either way, I've arranged nine days of child-care next year so I'll be back to X-Day next year (so long, Gettysburg).  Bother.  Anyhoo, I'm glad you had a a time, and hope it was a great time too.  I'll post a selfie and the Most Humourous Pic (in the appropriate fora, of course).
    </RANT>
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Got a call-back for a management level position today. Obviously this @Isune truefavour is working IRL too.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Everiine said:
    Pentatonix are musical gods. This is a fact.
    They went to my highschool. The tall blonde and I share an ex boyfriend. Random facts. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA

Celina said:
    Everiine said:
    Pentatonix are musical gods. This is a fact.
    They went to my highschool. The tall blonde and I share an ex boyfriend. Random facts. 

:-O

Why did you not complete the triangle?!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Going down the YouTube rabbit hole brought me to this ditty:

Which is pretty neat on its own, but that led me to this version by a duo called Aivi & Surasshu, one of whom is a gal who made a bunch of piano covers of video game music that I used to listen to all the time. And if that weren't enough, SURPRISE, they also happen to be the composers for Steven Universe, which by the way is dropping new episodes every night this week. Thanks, internet. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited July 2015
    So some upcoming changes in our scheduling are going to allow me to A) have more involvement in cake decorating throughout the week (thus increasing the overall quality of our product IMHO), and B)not have to work every single Saturday for the first time in maybe 12 years. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with my free Saturdays. I guess y'all can come by the Halli opera house and I'll play acoustic guitar solos between 8:00 and midnight?
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Rave and a rant at the same time: my new computer arrives next Wednesday! This is great news, but next Wednesday is a while off, which sucks. I haven't been able to work on a lot of things I would have liked to, or participate fully in some social things without consistent access to my files :(
  • Congratulations!
    I used to make cakes.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Back down to 2 jobs and only a few freelancing projects on the side! Rave for (slightly) more free time.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2015
    This one is out of place.  Silly multiple raves.  But I will say that I really appreciate Lusternia's admin team on an OOC level!
  • I get the keys to my new apartment tomorrow! I move in a week today.

I am so stressed I haven't slept more than 2-3 hours a night for almost a month now. There's construction on the street I'm moving into and I'm worried it's going to interfere with my move and it's all I can think about.
    edited July 2015
    24 concierge service at my new complex. is. freaking. amazing. They handle my dry cleaning, they make breakfast, they serve coffee. They even email me when UPS delivers packages. 

Officialy spoiled, 
    Celina said:
    24 concierge service at my new complex. is. freaking. amazing. They handle my dry cleaning, they make breakfast, they serve coffee. They even email me when UPS delivers packages. 

Officialy spoiled, 
    How much does this place cost, and where is it?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Everiine said:
    Celina said:

Officialy spoiled, 
    It's in DC. My 2 bedroom runs $2500ish. 
    edited July 2015
    Celina said:
    Everiine said:
    Celina said:

Officialy spoiled, 
    It's in DC. My 2 bedroom runs $2500ish. 

Nevermind. That is more than 80% of my salary.

EDIT: Closer to 90%, actually.

That's why I don't live alone!
  • Is that $2500/week? /fortnight? /month?
    Month....are there places that rent not by the month?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2015
    Hotel rooms!

Vacation resorts!

Lots of places.