Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• So. In tonight's astral hunt, my system freaked out and used up about 200 sparkleberry and 100 health potion sips, all because I had the wrong number set for my healingscroll off by one number (and thus my system spammed trying to use that which in turn caused me to spam other healing stuff.) I suppose it could have been worst...
  • edited April 2015
    I don't understand what the point of Karma cursing is. Someone jumps me for no apparent reason on Prime, so hey, I can curse them. Except it will take me three times as much Karma to curse them as it will for them to lift it. How's that fair? I'm the one that got murdered.

And who doesn't just have 25 Karma at any given moment? I've got two blessings and I've got 80 Karma. He wouldn't even have the curse long enough to matter.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ssaliss said:

Yeah, that's why I tried to stay away from those kind of tasks. They're just too repetitive. It's better to give other tasks to do; once I unenemied someone by letting my redcap bleed them (it was an old enemy status, so it was more a symbolic thing than an actual punishment; blood for blood and all).

I will never not rave about this internally.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Renna said:

I don't understand what the point of Karma cursing is. Someone jumps me for no apparent reason on Prime, so hey, I can curse them. Except it will take me three times as much Karma to curse them as it will for them to lift it. How's that fair? I'm the one that got murdered.

And who doesn't just have 25 Karma at any given moment? I've got two blessings and I've got 80 Karma. He wouldn't even have the curse long enough to matter.

Yeah, it's better to just keep the suspect status. You'll be safe from that person for 30 days (as long as you stay out of enemied territory) or he'll attack again and you'll get vengeance status.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Renna said:

Yeah, it's better to just keep the suspect status. You'll be safe from that person for 30 days (as long as you stay out of enemied territory) or he'll attack again and you'll get vengeance status.
    I just thought it'd be fun to use a curse. They sound really cool. Too bad the karma cost thing is so lame. lol
  • I think the curse costs lower the more people's suspect list the perp is on. That means if someone goes around jumping newbies, someone can herd the newbies like a bunch of cows and slam him with multiple curses... at least, that's my impression from my last reading of the help file, which is quite a long time ago.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Do they cancel each other out? It says "If there is a curse you particularly want to avoid, the karmic blessing of the same type will protect you from getting it."

Of course, if you want to use it to specifically remove someone's blessing, you'd need to know which ones they've got.

• Lerad said:

I think the curse costs lower the more people's suspect list the perp is on. That means if someone goes around jumping newbies, someone can herd the newbies like a bunch of cows and slam him with multiple curses... at least, that's my impression from my last reading of the help file, which is quite a long time ago.

It also costs more to lift a curse the more you've griefed someone. That way, killing one person once doesn't actually make that much of a difference, but going on a killing spree does.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    @Celina let me write a description for your beast, whatever you choose it to be. I love writing custom desc's. I'll give it an air of badassery so oppressing it'll make your enemies' heads spin. 'Cause it'll be badass.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Joasia had been a favourite of Kaenalye, Maylea's lost sister-mate,

So Maylea was first with Kaenalye before Nocht. Very interesting
  • This week on All My Divine, a stunning twist between Divine presents a different relationship between Nocht and Maylea. What will this mean for Viravain and Lisaera? Find out this Roarkian. And someone has a confession :o
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2015
    Rancoura said:

@Celina let me write a description for your beast, whatever you choose it to be. I love writing custom desc's. I'll give it an air of badassery so oppressing it'll make your enemies' heads spin. 'Cause it'll be badass.

Sold. I'll even pay you for it! (you don't have a choice)

I was thinking either a giant armored bat, a nebulous living darkness thing, or, for slightly more camp, an enomorous armored war toad. 

Or something else. Gosh this is so hard. 

edit: Or a zombie stag. I do love zombies. 
    Celina said:

Rancoura said:

Sold. I'll even pay you for it! (you don't have a choice)

I was thinking either a giant armored bat, a nebulous living darkness thing, or, for slightly more camp, an enomorous armored war toad. 

Or something else. Gosh this is so hard. 

edit: Or a zombie stag. I do love zombies. 
    I think someone mentioned this already, but yea. A crow-infested zombie stag sounds neat. With a shadow aura. And darkness.

Before an earthly flight

• Awww, I didn't get mentioned in the event post for finding Joasia. :-(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A three headed, vivisectioned zombie stag with a frog riding on top.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Nope giant toad has my vote.
    Shuyin said:

I'm worried that it will interfere with my stomping. Or your stomp stealing, depending on the situation. 
  • Qistrel said:

Do they cancel each other out? It says "If there is a curse you particularly want to avoid, the karmic blessing of the same type will protect you from getting it."

Of course, if you want to use it to specifically remove someone's blessing, you'd need to know which ones they've got.

from some...uh...testing I did once upon a time: You can't stack blessings, you can't stack curses. At most they can have 9 of either, one for each seal. You can have a blessing and be protected from the curse, in the same way that quicksilver protects from aeon. It costs extra karma to undo a curse per person on your suspect list, and less to curse someone per the same. This is, as far as I know, determined for you when you place the curse (so it costs at most 25?) and for them when they lift it. However, cursing someone removes you from their list. This is what more or less really cripples the karmic curses. If Celina (sorry, first name that came to mind) kills nine newbies, and each of those nine curse her, it'd cost a total of...uh...225? karma to curse her with all nine, across all the newbies. It'll cost her just the baseline for each curse to clear them all. If only one newbie curses her, it's a pittance to remove it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:

Shuyin said:

I'm worried that it will interfere with my stomping. Or your stomp stealing, depending on the situation. 
    Get a frog, not a toad.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Although the stag zombie does sound pretty awesome.
  • Well that's a silly way to have it set up. I don't really care about it getting someone off my suspect list or whatever. What I don't like is that I'll spend all that karma to curse someone who legitimately wronged me and they just can be uncursed in three minutes because it just costs such a little bit of karma to clear a curse.
  • edited April 2015
    Clearing them off your suspect list basically encourages people to attack you again. So don't! Deaths happen, don't let one bother you. :) Keep your suspect list, and be very wary, especially when going to places you know are dangerous. 

When you get jumped, you'll save yourself a lot of grief if you use it as a learning experience about how to run away. That's the most important combat skill in Lusty, anyway.

If you do die again, now you have bully, and not just 'suspect', so you can peace them instead. That's way better than any stupid karma curse.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • The curses look so cool though. lol
  • This is a bit after the fact, but @Celina for killing me on Water the other day and then being nice enough to answer a question about how she did it. It's nice to see people willing to help others learn, even if on opposite sides.
    Renna said:

Well that's a silly way to have it set up. I don't really care about it getting someone off my suspect list or whatever. What I don't like is that I'll spend all that karma to curse someone who legitimately wronged me and they just can be uncursed in three minutes because it just costs such a little bit of karma to clear a curse.

Adding to what Riluna said, as a Totems user, SCENT should be your best friend. Whether you're exploring or hunting, SCENT as often as you can (as soon as you have equilibrium even, if you're in the middle of hunting). As soon as you scent an unfriendly individual, leave as soon as you can. That should help with avoiding the unsavoury ganking.

Before an earthly flight

Allehnon said:

This is a bit after the fact, but @Celina for killing me on Water the other day and then being nice enough to answer a question about how she did it. It's nice to see people willing to help others learn, even if on opposite sides.

Aw geeze. Ruining my reputation.

• The curses look so cool though. lol

We need to work a bit for the really cool stuff around here. Dying is too easy. ;)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited April 2015
    Well, sorry. Didn't realize my karma gathering was less work than someone else's karma gathering. lol

And yeah, I know about the scenting. Though, I will admit it didn't occur to me to do it on Prime.

Anyway, in case it's coming off wrong, I don't mind having been killed. It's the silly karma curse setup that bugs me is all.
  • Sorry, I'm just being facetious. :) 

Karma doesn't really even take effort at all, though. Survival will.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Once I got a harmony karma curse off on a Celestian, and they didn't notice it (albeit it was during an astral bash). I managed to soak in almost a hundred thousand essence before they figured it out. Also, I believe that the longer they have the curse, the more it costs to get rid of it?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
This discussion has been closed.