How does Angkrag work now?

edited January 2013 in Q&A
How does Angkrag get miners when the kill-off-undead quest has been completed?

Does holding it in either its undead or alive state still give a penalty to feelings in other villages, if so, what? (In other words, do you get bad feelings in the dwarf villages for holding it?)
#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

Best Answer

Answers

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Angkrag has live-dwarf-miners that are not as effective because they are fighting off the incursions of the undead trying to take back the village.  There's no quest for them, they just show up and do a shoddy job.

You get bad feelings in the dwarf villages for holding any of their rivals; since Celest owns three of them, they're getting a lot of negative passive feelings.  I'd bet that it doesn't matter whether it's alive or undead, the other villages just don't like you holding their competition.
  • Also, make your Q&A questions in that section. Gaaaah!
  • Shoddy for Angkrag is still a relative term, no? Last I knew it outproduced the dwarf villages on metals fairly consistently.

Is the spider quest impacted by this at all?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So there's no need for a counter quest, it just resets on its own?

I guess that's not entirely bad.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Talan said:

Shoddy for Angkrag is still a relative term, no? Last I knew it outproduced the dwarf villages on metals fairly consistently.

The spider quest is not affected. It's pre production is 0, then the miners randomly mine one of the given mines per hour. So commodity production should be pretty low. They do, however, have a steel master, so there is some steel production. Like Acknor, some commodities continue, but most of the "good stuff" is hindered.

Shaddus said:
    So there's no need for a counter quest, it just resets on its own?

I guess that's not entirely bad.
    Yeah, like I said in the other post, when it revolts the undead come back in automatically (such was the response to me).
    Talan said:
    Shoddy for Angkrag is still a relative term, no? Last I knew it outproduced the dwarf villages on metals fairly consistently.

There was a new living spider-catcher there when I checked it out (but I imagine production is similarly lowered).

No idea what the reduced income is actually like though, I was just told it's worse.
  • The Orc inhabitants were not removed, only the undead and lone living viscanti. So the spider keeper (who is an Orc) continues unbothered (and a bit more cheerful).
    I must've been too fired up on living dwarves running through Angkrag while composing my email... <_<.
  • Er, I thought I had. It says Common Grounds > Q&A at the top of my screen.

I always considered Angkrag to be the "best" village, not only because of less competition, but because of general high production, even at "0" bonus. I figured it was intended because getting the dwarves in isn't easy.

Yeah, there definitely need to be always be penalties against holding competing villages. I was surprised to see Celest had positive feelings in Southgard and Neutral feelings in Angkrag/Rockholm. They must be influencing round the clock every day to keep that up. Pretty good!

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Talan said:
    Er, I thought I had. It says Common Grounds > Q&A at the top of my screen.

I always considered Angkrag to be the "best" village, not only because of less competition, but because of general high production, even at "0" bonus. I figured it was intended because getting the dwarves in isn't easy.

Yeah, there definitely need to be always be penalties against holding competing villages. I was surprised to see Celest had positive feelings in Southgard and Neutral feelings in Angkrag/Rockholm. They must be influencing round the clock every day to keep that up. Pretty good!

Celest is really good at continually influencing their villages for feelings.
  • I moved it to Q&A.

And yes, when it comes to influencing villages, Celest can /make it rain/.

(I love water puns.)
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Talan said:
    Er, I thought I had. It says Common Grounds > Q&A at the top of my screen.

For some reason, even if you start in Q&A and specifically click 'Ask a question', the new post defaults to Common Grounds.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • So, here's my question: Does Angkrag revert back to viscanti control when it revolts? If so, do you do the chancel quest again to re-banish the undead? If not, is there a quest to get the undead back if you take Dwarfy-Angkrag?
    Iytha said:
    So, here's my question: Does Angkrag revert back to viscanti control when it revolts? If so, do you do the chancel quest again to re-banish the undead? If not, is there a quest to get the undead back if you take Dwarfy-Angkrag?
    It reverts when it revolts.

There is no quest to get the undead back, for that reason.