Real World Raves

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Was fired from my job today. Seems getting angry sped up things for me. But good, this way I get severance pay and unemployment benefits. Plus, I stuck up for myself and told them how I don't feel that defending my side of the story is wrong. Kinda sucks I have to find something new, but honestly I look forward to having a job I actually enjoy doing. Plus I have plenty of todos on my task list (a lot of Lusternian ones too!) so now I have the time to get some things done :D
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Was fired from my job today. Seems getting angry sped up things for me. But good, this way I get severance pay and unemployment benefits. Plus, I stuck up for myself and told them how I don't feel that defending my side of the story is wrong. Kinda sucks I have to find something new, but honestly I look forward to having a job I actually enjoy doing. Plus I have plenty of todos on my task list (a lot of Lusternian ones too!) so now I have the time to get some things done :D
    It's often best to get away from an environment that's making you miserable. I'm glad you seem positive about it, and good luck on finding something better soon :)
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Saw Guardians, good film, funny in parts, still think The Avengers is Marvel's best offering so far though.

While the furries will love Rocket and just about everyone else loves Groot, I'm firmly a Drax fan, his mixture of literal talking and pragmatism appeals to my heart.

However the post credits scene made me vomit in disgust, I still have terrible flashbacks to the time he had his own movie. It was awful.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Lavinya said:
    Today I've been married to my best friend for ten years. Happy, happy days.
    What a lucky bugger he is!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Lavinya said:
    Congrats!! Zilias and I are coming up on 7 years married, 14 years together. :)

Here's to 10 more happy years (and then some!)
  • Lavinya said:
    Hope you have a happy anniversary and make the most of the occasion ^_^
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • The green whore is my friend.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I have returned from the middle of the Iowa corn patch with peace of mind and clarity. We sent my cousin off in the way he would have wanted and I got to spend time with my family from all over the US that I haven't spoken to much less gotten to hug in many years. While it was sad and there were plenty of tears and emotional moments I left in a far better place than I arrived.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Welcome back, Meliana.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Kethaera said:
    "Nothing goes over my head... my reflexes are too fast, I would catch it." = one of the best lines.
    "Oh... YEAH." = One of the dumbest moments in movie history. 

I know James Gunn is in love with Rocket, and really who isn't, but didn't anyone tell him how utterly corny that line was?

Stangmar said:
    The green whore is my friend.
    That line bothered me too, because Gamora was never literally a whore. Kind of ruins Drax's shtick for a cheap laugh.

But lest there be any question about my love for this movie, my rave is for the Art of Guardians of the Galaxy book that arrived at my house today, which contains (among tons of other wonderful concept art) a spectacular 16-page storyboard of the prison break sequence. :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited August 2014
    "I'm gonna need that guy's eye..."

I choked on my popcorn at that point.

I've been listening to Awesome Mix Vol. 1 all day and remembering how much dancing in my chair I was doing. I also have the sudden urge to grab a lizard and sing into it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Had a lunch meeting with one of the partners today.  Walked into that meeting with about a 70% level of certainty that I was being fired.  

Fortunately I am not.  He said he is happy with my technical skills and pleased with my improvements in organization.  

I'm not out of the woods yet, but hopefully I keep this job for a long long time...especially since I took out a car loan this year.
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    That moment when a prank goes exactly as planned.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Went to the ohio renfestival today...probably the best time I've had in a long while, even in a costume that was probably the warmest thing I've ever worn on a 90 degree weather day...suffice to say...THERE WAS BATTLE CHESS
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yeah, but the battle chess when I saw it was pretty boring...

And I didn't know you were in Ohio! I lived there until this past January, and my wife and I love the Ohio Ren Fest.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited August 2014
    Everiine said:

And I didn't know you were in Ohio! I lived there until this past January, and my wife and I love the Ohio Ren Fest.
    When did you see it? It was pretty staged, but it amused us...plus the Queen smacking the French man was classic.

In any case me and my other three friends hand made our costumes. There was a Royal Ranger, a Friar, a Gypsy, and a Lady. Everyone was complimenting my bow >_> which we made...was kinda eh though.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

What was supposed to be an eight hour day turned into twelve hours.

Today was also my birthday. I could tell people were getting increasingly more uncomfortable as they kept heaping on more. I suppose I should have been more upset, but I just ended up amused.

Take what solace you can, I suppose!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Vivet said:

What was supposed to be an eight hour day turned into twelve hours.

Today was also my birthday. I could tell people were getting increasingly more uncomfortable as they kept heaping on more. I suppose I should have been more upset, but I just ended up amused.

Take what solace you can, I suppose!

Happy birthday!

• I actually got my artisanal in on time.. I started a 3 days ago so 4 days total work into it.. why.. why do I do such things to myself?!! But! I think it came out well cannot wait to see how it fares! ^^
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

Bit late here I suspect, but happy birthday @Vivet!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Munsia said:
    Everiine said:

When did you see it? It was pretty staged, but it amused us...plus the Queen smacking the French man was classic.

In any case me and my other three friends hand made our costumes. There was a Royal Ranger, a Friar, a Gypsy, and a Lady. Everyone was complimenting my bow >_> which we made...was kinda eh though.
    This was a few years ago.

I started making my costumes, but as time when on, I decided to buy one costume piece a year at the Faire/Fest when I went, and now, I have almost a complete costume. I didn't get to go to any Faire this year, which made me sad :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited September 2014
    Binge watched Kill La Kill over the past few days. I'm not one for T&A, but once I got that was all part of the joke, it was one totally bonkers ride. :D
    I used to make cakes.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    Binge watched Kill La Kill over the past few days. I'm not one for T&A, but once I got that was all part of the joke, it was one totally bonkers ride. :D
    They really do pack an awful lot into a single season.

Yeah, I much prefer it that way. I love a story with a clear beginning followed by INCESSANT, UNYIELDING ESCALATION, and an end.
    I used to make cakes.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Had my piano tuned for the first time in 8 years and treated myself to some new music. It sounds so looooovely again!