Real World Raves

Comments

• Aerdiya said:
    The grade of my thesis finally got booked into the system. Yusss....my BA is complete now. I'll go to our administrative office later and fill out the application for the certificate. I wish we had graduation ceremonies here as well since I'd love to wear a gown and a cap. Instead, we just have to walk into an office, get handed a slip of paper and then walk out again...without any ceremony at all.
    That sucks, we didn't have a real ceremony, but everyone did gather and the honours were announced. Then all the rest of us average types got our nifty paper and there was time to bid the teachers farewell. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • The basic rules to D&D 5th edition come out today!
  • Horvath said:
    The basic rules to D&D 5th edition come out today!
    Wait, really? You're kidding me, right? Have you read them yet? How are they? Is it more 2e-like, 3/3.5-like, 4e-like, or did they go an entirely new direction? Details! Details and more details! Oh wow, I can't wait until I can get my hands on the books so I can run a game. Holy crap.
  • I really want to play D&D! All the cool kids get to play. :(
  • edited July 2014
    I've been playing 5e for a couple months already. New rules are simpler, lots of fun.

• I prefer Pathfinder to D&D nowadays. There's so much good stuff in the rules that takes 3.5e and makes it really work.
  • So, meditation. It's this thing that always comes up when it comes to beating anxiety / depression and just general self-improvement. It sits in the staple of eat well, sleep well and exercise. Yet of all the things I always found meditation the hardest to turn into a habit. Because you know, sitting there still in order to clear your head is pretty damn boring. And if you are suffering, it sometimes even makes things worse. So yeah, that remained something I should do until recently.

Enter Headspace. It's a gamified platform for guided meditation with an absolutely stunning amount of content and varied programs to follow. And suddenly I find myself effortlessly meditating on a daily basis. It's pretty much running's couch to 5k. Awesome, not to mention that I catch myself being more mindful through the day. And it helps clear my brain after work. Kinda like a mental shower. Totally recommend everyone check it their free intro now. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Thank God.  92 on my exam.  Three more weeks and I get a 2 week break.  By break I mean not having 9 hour days in a classroom.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Aerdiya said:
    Instead, we just have to walk into an office, get handed a slip of paper and then walk out again...without any ceremony at all.
    I love it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Driving home to visit family and friends after I get off work tonight.  It's nice to get out of the scorching desert and go to a slightly less scorching desert.

The downside is construction on I-15 will make the drive 2-3 hours longer.

Stangmar - Retired

• I've been feeling motivated/inspired lately and doing a lot more coding for fun.

Everyone loves screenshots, right?

:D

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shoutout to @Pectus and @Iosen for taking me in for a bit as a break from some drama in the family. They're just awesome people all around and should be celebrated and have their praises sung from the mountaintops.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Grandma finally had the surgery to set the break after over 5 days of writhing in pain, waiting. So relieved the worst is over, now onto the hardest. 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Hope she heals up quickly @Drocilla!
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Today was one of those days that went better than expected, and while not allowing myself to jump onto the optimism train that the end result will be better than previously projected, there is now a chance that things will be ok in the end, that didn't exist before.

Absolutely knackered though.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    Feyrll said:
    It's not perfect, it's far from it. But it feels good to complete a big project start to finish.

A week+ worth of work and not Lusternia-ing.
    Everything you do is magic.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I agree, that is pure magic, @Feyrll. :)

Yay birthday on Sunday!

• Beginning on Tuesday, I will be travelling Spain with my brother for 3.5 weeks. First time in Western Europe! But, as a counterpoint that that...this.
    Have a great time, avoid midday sun and don't drink the tap water.

And don't talk about the world cup, they're still in depression.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I hope there will be some pictures!
  • Computer rebuilding is now complete, everything that needed to be copied over is now copied over, and I managed to not lose my astrology scripts and library stuff.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Dunno whether to be happy or downright amused to hear that Johnny Yong Bosch (the black power ranger/Vash the Stampede in Trigun) will be doing the voice of Artemis in the new Sailor Moon anime :p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • YAY POWER!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Please everybody fall in love with and support this band. Kthx. 

But don't buy from iTunes because artists apparently only get 97 cents from a ten dollar album sale. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ROFL to all brazil fans.

That is all.
  • Arcanis said:
    ROFL to all brazil fans.

That is all.
    I chose not to watch the match because I am not a big soccer fan...now, I slightly regret that. My FB feed is totally spammed by 'YAY!' posts and in the rooms around me people are singing and screaming :D
  • Aerdiya said:
    Arcanis said:
    ROFL to all brazil fans.

That is all.
    I chose not to watch the match because I am not a big soccer fan...now, I slightly regret that. My FB feed is totally spammed by 'YAY!' posts and in the rooms around me people are singing and screaming :D
    Let's just say that it isnt even past half-time yet and the score is already 0-5 in germany's favor XD.

Gotta love Germany, it's such a Gloomie.

NO MERCY!
    This game is just ... I have no words for the one sided beat down that I'm witnessing.